PDA

View Full Version : Got a New 18 2+3 with TRS

Audiofn
05-16-2004, 08:03 AM
I have spent some time looking for a boat for my wife to learn how to drive. She is scared of the big boat as there are to many things to keep a eye on. At the last boat show she fell in love with the Criss Craft Picknick boat for a mear 55,000 bucks!!!! Obviously that was OUT of the question. So I had to find a boat that was clean, classic lines, and WELL BEHAVED. I spent some time with another board memeber talking about what boat to look for and he found me this one in the want adds. I believe it to be a original big block TRS boat (I will start another thread to find that out). Motor only has 25 hours on it. She about FLIPPED OUT (in a good way) when I showed it to her :D:D She loves it and made me leave IMMEDIATLY to go to West marine so she could get eveything she needed :D:D

The Poud new owner and her boat :D:D

Audiofn
05-16-2004, 08:04 AM
Hmm can not get pictures to attach.... What is the max size?

Jon

Audiofn
05-16-2004, 08:10 AM
The interior cleaned up ok and we hope to get a year out of it. One cool feature I thought was the original owners did not take off the plate that said who it was built for. Most of the ones I have seen have had this removed. All and all the boat is fairly solid. Look forward to getting it on the water ASAP :D:D

MOP
05-16-2004, 08:23 AM
Looks to be a very nice find lots of luck with it, I hope you snap a shot of her first time at the helm!

Phil

smoothie
05-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Jon,it looks like you did damn good on your find :yes: Now lets see...it has a BBC and you bought for your wife...LOL! both of you two will be fighting over it :cool: enjoy!

Mac
05-16-2004, 09:04 AM
Did that boat come from Littleton MA by any chance? I looked at it several weeks ago if it is the same one.

Audiofn
05-16-2004, 09:07 AM
Mac yes it did. He was WAY on his price from back then.

Jon

Fish boy
05-16-2004, 10:08 AM
What a way to get your learners permit ;) Congrats on the find, and I agree with smootie... you will be fighting over who gets "to learn". :) :)

N2DEEP
05-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Hint for a BB 18. You can silence any back seat drivers by chopping the throttle quick and letting the following seas douse them. :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: Welcome. Any engine shots??

Mr X
05-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Congrats on the new 18!!
I am confused, does it have a big block in it now??

Does not look like it with THAT engine hatch........

Nice looking boat.

EricG
05-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Congrats on the new boat! It looks amazing.....

I can't remember from OSO what your other boat is...but this will be absolutely confidence inspiring for your wife. Kath would never drive the last boat because she wasn't very comfortable with the way it drove...but I had her take the wheel of the new 18 this week and she loved it. She was tentative at first, but she's already getting the hang of it....I can't believe how easy the 18's are to handle compared to any other boat I've run...

Again congrats!!

-EG

Audiofn
05-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Congrats on the new 18!!
I am confused, does it have a big block in it now??

Does not look like it with THAT engine hatch........

Nice looking boat.

It currently has a big block in it. I am not sure if it is stock that way or something that some one did over the years. I have another post going with that very question....

Jon

Audiofn
05-16-2004, 01:18 PM
Hint for a BB 18. You can silence any back seat drivers by chopping the throttle quick and letting the following seas douse them. :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: Welcome. Any engine shots??

Used to do that with my Hydrostream :D:D Wife took one ride in that boat and said NEVER again :D:D

DONZI
05-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Congratulation's Audio !
Welcome to the family.Now you know your gonna have to drag it to the Winni Poker run in the events section.I hope we can also hook up some wk. end down here on the South Shore.We can launch out of Somerset Ma. and do Mt. Hope Bay.Look forward to seeing it.
Ken :smile:

Cuda
05-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Welcome to the brotherhood Jon! You and I travel in the same circles, Donzi's and Formula's. :D

Audiofn
05-16-2004, 07:59 PM
Congratulation's Audio !
Welcome to the family.Now you know your gonna have to drag it to the Winni Poker run in the events section.I hope we can also hook up some wk. end down here on the South Shore.We can launch out of Somerset Ma. and do Mt. Hope Bay.Look forward to seeing it.
Ken :smile:

Thanks Donzi. I hope to make that run up there in Winni. What is the deal with the need for a boating license if you are out of state? Will that be a problem? I will go over and check out the date for that run. As much as I love boating in the ocean I think that I will keep this one in fresh only....

Jon

Audiofn
05-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Welcome to the brotherhood Jon! You and I travel in the same circles, Donzi's and Formula's. :D

Great minds think alike :D:D

Mac
05-16-2004, 08:08 PM
Seemed like a pretty nice boat, a little to much boat for me with the BB though as I wanted something to use in the ocean, and figured a 22 with a little more freeboard would be better for what I wanted to use it for. It was one of the first ones I looked at. If you don't mind me asking how much did he come down from what he was asking? Did he have a title for it? he seemed vaige when I asked him about that, I never actually met the owner his wife showed me the boat. Where abouts in MA are you? I am in Lynnfield and usually boat out of the Danvers river.

Audiofn
05-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Mac I live in Bedford, MA. I ussually go out of the Essex river when I go out or launch behind the school at the new ramp in Gloucester (the new ramp is AWSOME). I found some inconsistencies with the stories that the owner was telling me mostly with regards to registration. However I saw enough paperwork to know that there was no issue with the boat. I am fairly sure he had no title for the boat as he said it was last registered in NH. The last numbers on the boat were for ME and they expired in 88 and the last one for NH is the same, so I have NO idea how he drove it. Other then that the motor checked out very well as did the tranny and drive. I will PM you with the other info.

Jon

DONZI
05-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Thanks Donzi. I hope to make that run up there in Winni. What is the deal with the need for a boating license if you are out of state? Will that be a problem? I will go over and check out the date for that run. As much as I love boating in the ocean I think that I will keep this one in fresh only....

Jon

Jon,The boater ed certificate is something they are phasing in by age.
http://boat-ed.com/nh/course/p4-3_whomayoperate.htm
They recognize our Ma. reg. also.So i would say you will be all set.I guess i"ll have to drag my 22C up your way sometime for a river tour.
The Lake George Dust Off Event is right around the corner also.