PDA

View Full Version : Turbo at AOTH IV

Tomahawk
05-16-2004, 07:07 AM
I talked with the folks at Turbo Propellers last week. They will be there again this year. Steve McLelland, whom you met last year. And, I am especially pleased to be able to tell you that the man himself will be joining us as well. Mr. Jim Booe. Jim Booe is the President and founder of Precision Propeller, maker of the the Turbo propellers. He is a modest gentleman but he knows more about boat propellers than damn near anyone. They will be doing a prop seminar and Q&A for us Friday morning at the Yacht Club on the dock. They are also bringing a truck full of props for you to try! Try to one on one with Jim if you get the chance, or take him for a ride on your boat. I suspect we could all learn something from him.
This is going to be sooo cool. I am dying to get on the road to Cumberland. See y'all there.

RickR
05-16-2004, 09:53 AM
Tom
I need some prop vent plugs from Turbo.
How would I contact them before AOTH?
Thanks

Greg K
05-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Rick,
Turbo told me long ago they were not needed if you are running thru hull. Run it as is.

RickR
05-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Greg
I need some for the "Other Boat".
Also I am getting more slip that I want "out of the hole" with the Turbo 1 on the 22 Classic.

Tomahawk
05-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Rick - call 1-800-922-1176 and speak to Steve McLelland, Jim Booe or Chris Booe. They're in Indianapolis. BTW, I filled mine with Marine Tex. Not that it makes any difference but I figured, I don't need to induce ventillation on the Donzi so, I filled them.
Jamie - Precision is quite adamant about protecting whatever agreements they may have. However, I'll call them on Monday with your request. I'm sure that they will do it if they can. I'll let you know.
Volvo Guys - Grizz came by today with his Corsican, all excited. He is bringing some one off props for the old 270s, 290s and such.

roadtrip se
05-16-2004, 10:18 PM
Ask them to throw a Hydro P5X-25 in the back of the prop truck...

Todd
"Newly fortified drive ready for some new model prop testing!"

Tomahawk
05-17-2004, 05:33 AM
I'll do that Todd.

Tomahawk
05-17-2004, 09:09 PM
Jamie and Todd - I talked to Jim Booe today and gave him your requests. We'll see. See ya Thursday.

Brad Lyon
05-18-2004, 05:43 PM
Are they bringing anything for a OMC Cobra?

Brad