PDA

View Full Version : ST9s installed!

Kikwear
05-14-2004, 12:45 AM
Man...what a long day. The easiest part was putting the tabs on the back. The hardest was mounting the HPU. I really don't dig the wall mount. I much rather would've had a floor mount like the drive trim unit. Anyways...installed the Auto Retractor as well. I don't get how it works. If I just click the on and then off, the time that it operates is very brief. However, if I leave the key on for some time, it goes for awhile. It even goes if the tabs are fully retracted. Won't that put undue stress on the hydraulic setup? Going back to the drive trim unit, it turns off when it hits the top whereas the trim tab pump just keeps on going until it wants to turn off. What is the deal with that? Fit and finish is top notch. The boat looks so cool now with the tabs and the exhaust. And to think all it had on the transon was an outdrive when I got it. :pimp:

John W
05-14-2004, 08:56 AM
I also just put a set of ST9s on my 16. I did not go with the auto retractor, I just pu the tabs up when I am putting the boat on the trailer. I think that they are to retract the tabs when you turn off the ignition. So I would venture a guess that they would have to be wired to the Ignition switch. if you have any questions, bennett has an awesome customer service.
I guess your boat porpoised as bad as mine, the tabs helped alot at slower( wife) speeds. Did not remove the slow speed wandering, helped a bit though.
JW

MOP
05-14-2004, 09:53 AM
Tip to eliminate the tail wagging you must have the tabs in the down position at low speeds, except for when I was running I left the tabs down all the time. You can run in very close quarters without wearing the steering wheel out.

Phil