PDA

View Full Version : New Interior ????

Audiofn
05-13-2004, 01:24 PM
On a 18 Foot 2+3 what would a new interior cost, and is there a person that has a lot of experience making them to a high quality?

Thanks
Jon

DonziNUTS
05-13-2004, 01:33 PM
There is Bilt Rite in Virginia 540-981-1711 ask for Bob. He quoted my 16' for 1,485 basic white, 169.00 for red. I think its a little high, but the guys here say the quality is top noch!!
Give them a call!!

Mike

Woodsy
05-13-2004, 01:35 PM
Hey Audio...

Glad to see you came over from OSO to check this place out. Anyway, THE interior company is Bilt-Rite.. do a search in the archives and you will get the number... they are probably in the vendor section. If you want to talk Donzi.. give me a buzz... 978-502-5465 I'll be up at Winni playing fish guy this weekend!

Woodsy

Tim Morris
05-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Built Rite is top notch! I did an interior for a 16' with them a while ago, and just this week took delivery of Bob's '60mph' carpet for my Minx.

......and (he asked) what the hell is 60mph carpet?

Well, apparently, you can lay this carpet on the deck, go down the lake at 60mph - and it won't fly off.

We'll see about that part.

Rootsy
05-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Built Rite is top notch! I did an interior for a 16' with them a while ago, and just this week took delivery of Bob's '60mph' carpet for my Minx.

......and (he asked) what the hell is 60mph carpet?

Well, apparently, you can lay this carpet on the deck, go down the lake at 60mph - and it won't fly off.

We'll see about that part.

hmmm i really wish i could say the same about my rear seat cushions at 75ish :banghead:

JR - where'd i put that velcro anyway

boldts
05-13-2004, 03:53 PM
Just wondering.... I installed lock snaps on my cockpit cover to keep it from blowing off at 70 MPH. Anyone ever tried having these installed on the back bench cushions? They only go on one way and come off one way. Might do the trick for you high speed guys :smile:

Oh and BTW, Bilt Rite is the place to have an all original Classic interior done. My 18 looked 100% better after they did mine. There is also an Amish company that Smoothie and Brad Lyon used. Quality again looks to be top notch!

ToonaFish
05-13-2004, 06:47 PM
hmmm i really wish i could say the same about my rear seat cushions at 75ish :banghead:

JR - where'd i put that velcro anyway

You wish you could say the same about your rear seat passengers at 75.

I have your velcro and am sewing it to my thong.

ToonaFish
05-13-2004, 07:02 PM
And you would know this because?

Brad Lyon
05-13-2004, 07:33 PM
I got my new interior from the same place as Smoothie. They did a wonderful job, maybe not the same quality as Built-Rite would have done but I saved over $1200.00 from Built-Rite's quoted price. I am very satisfied with their workmanship and for the price they did it for I could have it done three more times and still be ahead.

Here are a couple of links for you to look at.

Brad

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33350&highlight=interior

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34524&highlight=interior

Audiofn
05-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Hey Audio...

Glad to see you came over from OSO to check this place out. Anyway, THE interior company is Bilt-Rite.. do a search in the archives and you will get the number... they are probably in the vendor section. If you want to talk Donzi.. give me a buzz... 978-502-5465 I'll be up at Winni playing fish guy this weekend!

Woodsy

Hey Woody. I have been a member hear for a almost as long as OSO I think. Just more of a lurker as I have never owned a Donzi. I am looking seriously at one now however and think that perhaps Saturday I may make him a offer. Trying to figure out its value and how much it will cost to finish and make mint the way I like them :D:D

Audiofn
05-13-2004, 08:10 PM
I assume that they do not need the boat and that they have all the patterns? Obviously I am a ways away from them so delivery would be a problem but if they can put the stuff in the mail....

Jon

Ranman
05-14-2004, 12:02 AM
Audio,

Bob at BIlt-Rite has all the patterns. He may ask a few questions as there have been a few slight variations to the DOnzi interior over the years, but what you get in the box is really a perfect piece.

Bilt-Rite isn't cheap, but it's what you would expect. They can to rear seats, front seats, cockpit covers, snap in carpets, you name it. Good luck.

smoothie
05-14-2004, 05:51 AM
Jon,Eli would need your old interior and use it for a pattern,yes he would need the boat to do the snaps,but for $400.00 you could have someone local do em,top shelf materials and workmanship,hes done 4 donzis and 1 cig in the past 4 months,can ship everything UPS,hes backed up a few months right now.