PDA

View Full Version : Yipppppppppeeeeeeeeee!!!!

ChromeGorilla
05-13-2004, 01:03 PM
I did it! I just ordered a brand new Donzi today. Financing is good to go, down payment good to go, now I just have 4-6 agonizing weeks of torture before delivery. It is a 2004 (possibly 2005 from what I'm told) 22 Classic 496 HO B1X , white hull , blue boot stripe, straight thru-hull exhaust (who wants to be quiet anyway?) :yes: I can not wait for it to get here! Did I mention that I can not friggin wait any longer....I'm goin nuts here! :bonk: Not only am I looking forward to the boat I can't wait to start attending some events..... :biggrin:

Scott L.V.

olemissalum
05-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Congrats and here is hoping that you do not go nuts over the next few weeks waiting. :bonk:

Sport
05-13-2004, 01:29 PM
Right on ! Congrats ! ! !

Sport

TMANN
05-13-2004, 01:47 PM
NEW!!! Very cool. Now you wont have to fix anything before your out on the water. That's going to be nice... Congrats. :beer:

TMANN

gold-n-rod
05-13-2004, 01:57 PM
I have a couple of thoughts for you to consider. First of all, congrats on your decision.

Now, I suggest you insist that the boat is an '05 model, even if you have to wait another week or two. This is for resale purposes, it will always be a year newer than an '04.

Next, call the dealer and see if they can still add the switchable exhaust to your factory paperwork. Again this is for resale purposes. I know, it will cost you another grand.... so what. You never know when the noise laws where you boat are going to change or when a neighbor gets his panties in a wad and calls the cops.

I know, everyone says that they are going to keep something for ever, but, as they say, **** happens. You never know and you always want to try to buy something that someone else wants really badly when you no longer do.

My two cents worth...... and congratulations. I am green with envy.

another Randy

Scott Heidt
05-13-2004, 02:08 PM
Cool! Dude! I work five minutes away from Donzi! I will be happy to check on your baby from time to time! :) :eek!:

Congrats!

ChromeGorilla
05-13-2004, 02:14 PM
As far as 04 or 05. It depends on when it comes off the line. I guess the 05's officialy start in Aug but the dealer said there's a chance that it could be numbered as an 05 due to the timing. But If it came down to it I want boat in Jun rather than Aug . And the Switchable exhaust is desirable I understand, but I can always throw mufflers on it later if I choose.

olemissalum
05-13-2004, 04:14 PM
I agree, the mufflers are OK but it is very nice after a long day on the water to be able to "quiet" it down a little and for those night cruises it is nice to be able to talk to every one on the boat. I would go switchable if I were you. But hey what works for one may not work for the other. Good luck and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

McGary911
05-13-2004, 04:25 PM
Sounds sweet! I saw almost this exact boat at the AC show 2 years ago....it had me thinking, as i did not own an donzi yet. Does yours have the gaffrig monster gauges? the one i saw had silver (platnium?) ones. I may have a pic somewhere i can post.

Congrats for sure. Start crossing off those days on the calender.....

gcarter
05-13-2004, 04:30 PM
Congratulations Scott!! :rlol:

George :wavey:

hottub
05-13-2004, 04:50 PM
CG-

Congrats!! I did the exact same thing, same boat, a year ago. Hopefully your time table sticks as I know the factory can get awfully bust this time of the year.

Both of Gold n Rods points are good ones and I have another to add that won't cost much and should not impose any delays......... Pop -up Cleats!! Preferably 2 sets, mids and rear. VERY FUNCTIONAL and look great!

Good luck trying to stay sane till the boat arrives!!

hottub

Bad-Tat
05-13-2004, 05:31 PM
Congrats Chrome!!
Don't forget, Tom's Bait Shack on the 4th of July!!

MOP
05-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Ditto on the Con Grats! Idea what about having the Y pipe installed but capped then you have all the options.

Phil

Ranman
05-14-2004, 12:11 AM
Now you wont have to fix anything before your out on the water.

You must have missed Integra's thread. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :hyper: :hyper:

Digger
05-14-2004, 05:04 AM
congrats Scott that is great news!! :cool:

Ranman, you are wise beyond your years :yes:

ChromeGorilla
05-14-2004, 05:06 AM
No kiddin! Luckily it's only being shipped to N. Florida. And the dealer is only a half hour away. So I could pester him relentlessly if EVERYTHING isn't kosher ;) lol. Oh and as far as the pop-up cleats suggestion...they're gonna be on there, I just didnt listem. Thanks for all the congrats everyone! :biggrin.: I was curious and maybe one of you would know....would I be able to possibly take tour of the Donzi plant if I got in touch with someone. Maybe even see my boat during production? How would I go about this? Thanks ahead of time.

Team Hula Girl
05-14-2004, 08:04 PM
No kiddin! Luckily it's only being shipped to N. Florida. And the dealer is only a half hour away. So I could pester him relentlessly if EVERYTHING isn't kosher ;) lol. Oh and as far as the pop-up cleats suggestion...they're gonna be on there, I just didnt listem. Thanks for all the congrats everyone! :biggrin.: I was curious and maybe one of you would know....would I be able to possibly take tour of the Donzi plant if I got in touch with someone. Maybe even see my boat during production? How would I go about this? Thanks ahead of time.

Call the factory at 941-727-0622, ask for Josh Stickles. He will be able to give you a good idea of when the boat will go into production and when would be a good time to visit in order to see your boat.

Congrats

J Mitch

Dr. Dan
05-14-2004, 08:45 PM
Scott..........Congratulations......Very Very Cool :cool:

I would order the same exact power.........if you have any questions....please free to Private Message me...and I can try to answer your questions. :spongebob

I must have missed my invite for the Lake Lanier Crab Schack.. :cistineb: ...

Safe Boating Brother...

Doc :beer:
www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com

Tomahawk
05-16-2004, 05:50 AM
Uh, ya, me too Danny! Thought I shouldn't say anything because I don't want to start a flood.
Congratulations Chrome Guy. You might want to come to AOTH anyway just to meet some people here. There will be plenty of empty seats for you guys to join in the shananigans. We'll also be going to Lake Eufaula on Labor Day. The Live Bait and Sushi Shop will be open on the 4th for sure. Come on up if you can.

Fish boy
05-16-2004, 06:43 AM
Sweeeeeeet! :beer: sounds like a beautiful combo.

If you come down this way to check on your baby and tour the plant, let me know, we can kill a few brain cells.

Last Tango
05-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Scott,
Which dealer did you pick? Haskell?
If you want to take a road trip to Sarasota to see your boat under construction, let me know. I'm right on your way down, here in Jax. I took the trip when my boat was being built and it was absolutely worth the time and fun. Got to see the boat before they put the top on, but almost everthing else was installed. And you get to check your build sheet to make certain it is correct. Not that I have heard anyone complain about getting or NOT getting something they ordered.
Factory is a fun tour. Call ahead and you will get the royal treatment while you are there. And they can tell you over the phone when your production will begin. All boat constuction is listed on the build schedule for specific start days so they will know when your hull will be finished and ready for assembly. They usually have a Classic in each phase of construction at any time so decide phase you want to see YOUR boat and you will still get to see the other phases during your tour of the factory.

ChromeGorilla
05-20-2004, 08:34 PM
I ended up buying from Haskell's Marine. I was about a hair away from buying the blue 22 496 '03 at Nelems Marine. Robert Nelem is a class act and was a delight to talk with. Would be great if he was my local dealer.

But wife and I decided to pony up the extra cash and buy a new one right here in Jax. I have to hand it to Haskells. I shopped around quite a bit and in the end they came through like nobody else could on a new boat.

I called Donzi today and tried to get ahold of Josh Stickles, but all I got was his voice mail. Left a brief message and will call tommorow. I'm definately looking forward to taking a look see around down there.

ChromeGorilla
05-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Called Donzi today and talked to Josh. My boat goes into the mold early next week. Sweeeeeeet! :biggrin: He said in about 2 weeks boat will be pretty far along. Now I gotta figure out when I'm gonna be able to zip down there. I'm like a Jack Russel on meth :hyper: ....... wish I had a time machine....

thriller
05-22-2004, 01:42 AM
What a nice package..Way to go:shades: Now be sure to post some more pics of your wife...oops I mean boat..;) ;)

Koenig
05-24-2004, 09:56 AM
First off congrats!

Second: I'm thinking of the finance a new Donzi as an option. How much down and what are the payments? If you don't mind sharing that info. :beer: