PDA

View Full Version : What is it worth?

Audiofn
05-12-2004, 10:17 PM
I looked at a 1981 18 foot Donzi 2+3. It was a original TRS boat with 330. Engine was replaced last year and only has about 5 hours on it since new/rebuilt. Interior although in great shape is now very hard and the foam is hard so you can tell that in a year it will probably go south on me. Trailer is decent but a roller. Paint is decent also. Moisture meter was reading some moisure on the bulkhead just behind the gas tank, transom, and stringers in the engine bay. Deck is TOTALLY dry and the stringers under the floor also read as dry. There is some BAD cracking around the battery box but the hull and deck again have no cracks. What is this boat worth if MINT, and what do you think a resonable offer would be?

Jon

Audiofn
05-13-2004, 08:11 PM
COME ON!!! This is Donzi.net!!! Surely some one has a idea... :D:D

smoothie
05-13-2004, 08:45 PM
A pic is worth a thousand words,but just guessing I would say 5 to 7k ???

Audiofn
05-13-2004, 10:31 PM
Standard 18 and yes I believe it is original big block. It is dark blue sides and deck. Unfortunatly they did cut the engine hatch to fit the log style manifolds. There are covers used (or is that original?)

Jon

Rootsy
05-13-2004, 10:55 PM
something along the lines of this?

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29930

JR

smoothie
05-14-2004, 05:43 AM
and like this....
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1487

olredalert
05-14-2004, 10:10 AM
-------Years ago when I bought my X18 330/TRS new John C told me they only made six of these due to liability concerns. Im beginning to wonder if there were more of them factory built than I was told. It seems like new ones keep popping up and that doesnt include the two I originally saw in Chi-town the day I bought mine. I guess a lot would revolve around weather these boats are all original but the hatchs look original. The over-use of the hole cutter on the one boat would not be original but might have been necessary.............Bill S

Cuda
05-14-2004, 11:49 PM
Jon, did you get any pictures of it? Hope it's better than the last one you traveled so far to see.

Audiofn
05-15-2004, 07:08 AM
Jon, did you get any pictures of it? Hope it's better than the last one you traveled so far to see.

Thanks for all the info guys. Cuda this one is only about 15 min from my house believe it or not..... After traveling all that way to look at the one in VA that was a total POS...

I know it can be had for 7500 was his last number he tossed out at me and I was at 6,000. So I hope to catch him today and he and I come to a agreement probably in the middle and that sounds like it would be fair. If I can look at it today then I will do some more research about the originallity of it all and check the gas tank (thanks for that info). He still has the owners manual so I assume that will tell me if it is a originall 330 boat or not.

Jon