PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit upholstery

Jwhoppe
05-12-2004, 03:45 PM
Anyone know of a way to get my Z-25 cockpit reupholstered without shipping the entire thing to a shop. I have read through almost every thread that popped up after a search for "upholstery"....
I wrote Raber's Tarp Shop.... he can do it but he needs my entire interior as a pattern and he thought it would be the middle of August before he could get it back to me.
I contacted Bob at Bilt-Rite.... he doesn't have the pattern for any of the Z series boats so he would also need my entire interior shipped to him. I just don't know if I can make it another season with out an upholstery upgrade.
Any leads would be greatly appreciated!! Or maybe someone out there has a couple extra milk crates I could strap to the floor to sit on?

Moody Blu'
05-14-2004, 07:44 AM
I just gave in and coughed up some money for a full interior and carpet for moody form built rite. and my interior is older then me right now so it was waaay over due

marratyme
05-14-2004, 03:33 PM
You need to find a independant guy they does good work that is small time I just got my 18 2+3 interior all redone in 4 days for 600.00 looks great brand new mildew resistant and the vinyl is as thick as original. I found this guy under automobile interiors. After getting 5 quotes the cheapest was 1400.00 You relly have to search for the right guy. jk
Anyone know of a way to get my Z-25 cockpit reupholstered without shipping the entire thing to a shop. I have read through almost every thread that popped up after a search for "upholstery"....
I wrote Raber's Tarp Shop.... he can do it but he needs my entire interior as a pattern and he thought it would be the middle of August before he could get it back to me.
I contacted Bob at Bilt-Rite.... he doesn't have the pattern for any of the Z series boats so he would also need my entire interior shipped to him. I just don't know if I can make it another season with out an upholstery upgrade.
Any leads would be greatly appreciated!! Or maybe someone out there has a couple extra milk crates I could strap to the floor to sit on?

Jwhoppe
05-14-2004, 03:35 PM
I know what you are saying Moody. Money really isn't the issue for me... I know I'm going to have to spend some of my "goin' out on the weekend and getting drunk money."
My problem is that I would like to find someone who had built an interior before for a Z-25, or has a pattern already so that I don't have to remove my entire interior for the summer so they have something to work off of. I don't really want to spend all season with the interior ripped out of my boat!

Jwhoppe
05-14-2004, 03:40 PM
Thanks Marratyme for the info... I have talked to a couple of local shops that could do the work in a few days... but none of them could do the DONZI logo stiching in the seats. I would like the new interior to be as close to original as possible.

Jwhoppe
05-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Here is my attempt to make a temporary sun pad untill I can find someone who knows what they are doing!! I will post more pictures when it is finished.

GKricheldorf
05-14-2004, 05:13 PM
I can take some extremely high resolution digital pictures for you. I think you should be able to take the fabric to an embroider and have it done before the upholstery guy does his magic. My 87 has almost perfect upholstery.

DonziNUTS
05-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Does anyone here know where I can get my 16 done besides bilt Rite? I am ready for interior but everyone is sooooo busy!

Thanks

Mike