PDA

View Full Version : 1978 Glastron/Carlson CVX-16

txtaz
05-11-2004, 04:40 PM
1978 Glastron/Carlson CVX-16 for sale. This boat is perfect, everything is either new or
rebuilt. I basically took the boat and stripped it, then started from scratch to rebuild it to be what I wanted.
It has new awlgrip paint (silver flake and grey), new stringer, floor, transom and gas tank. New seats, carpet and all new vinyl. The rear bench had been rebuilt using 3/4" marine plywood. All new gauges, steering wheel and seastar hydraulic steering. The completely rebuilt 140HP Evinrude sits on a new 6" setback hydraulic jackplate Power Lift by Cook Mfg which is great for those 50 foot rooster tails. I bet you want to know about the motor (being is it says 115 on he cowl). OK, it started as a 78' 115hp Evinrude. I have always wanted a "sleeper" boat so I bought a used 1980 140hp Evinrude block. I had it bored out .040 and added new Wiseco pistons and rings. The block and heads were polished and decked. The block rotating parts were balanced. The crank was balanced and new bearings were fitted to the crank and block. All water passages were cleaned with acid to get rid of mineral deposits. All new crankcase recirc valves and lines, new reeds. Carbs were soaked and polished. All new electronics on the motor. New trim/lift motor. All new fluids in all systems. Are you starting to get the idea? I just had the water impeller changed and carb tuning done. New carrier bearing in the lower unit and seals.
I'm not too good at tuning a 2 stroke so an outboard guru in Austin did it. THIS motor RUNS!!!!!! It is so quick, I have not had it full throttle. It will JUMP out of the hole. I'm guessing it is a solid 60+ MPH boat and could be solid 65+ with some prop tuning. It currently has a SST 19". I have invested over $12,000 in this boat and only looking for $5,500. It comes with a galvanized trailer and a marine CD player + speakers if you want to install it. We are selling it since we upgraded to a bigger boat. We wish we could keep it, but we don't have the room to store it. Buyer is responsible for delivery.

txtaz
05-11-2004, 04:43 PM
More pics...

txtaz
05-11-2004, 04:45 PM
And more pics...

BLK DOG
05-26-2004, 11:18 AM
TXTAZ, im comming to kerrville memorial weekend Can we get in touch about your boat.ILL be at 8303672518 thanx ROB

Walt. H.
05-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Taz,

Sweet looking Carlson here's a photo of mine.

Walt :wavey: