PDA

View Full Version : Donzi.net Fundraiser Boating Course

TuxedoPk
05-10-2004, 06:17 PM
After reading the post about a course for high performance boating, it seems to me that this board has the talent to teach some of these skills and raise money for the board at the same time.

Why not offer a 1-2 day hands on course immediately prior to each of the club events with the proceeds split between the local club and donzi.net?

Between safety, handling, and boat care, I believe that we'd have quite a few people making donations.

mattyboy
05-11-2004, 05:44 AM
sounds like a great idea,
will you be teaching the course on proper use of a chopper gun and glass layup??? :tongue: :rlol: or fleet maintanance???

Matty

harbormaster
05-11-2004, 08:03 AM
Thats an interesting and timely idea.

TuxedoPk
05-11-2004, 08:29 AM
sounds like a great idea,
will you be teaching the course on proper use of a chopper gun and glass layup??? :tongue: :rlol: or fleet maintanance???

Matty

LOL- No, but based on my experience level I for one would sign up for a hands on glass course, fleet maintenance, or driving class. Heck, I'd even sign up for a course on how to get Pearson and Chris to remove a deck w/o breaking a sweat-- If only there were someone qualified to teach it :)

Actually- For better or worse I posted this idea as a serious thought that I felt would benefit all around.

Mr X
05-11-2004, 11:50 AM
If time permits me, I will gladly donate my time.
I was a teacher in the "Donzi University" at the factory.

Lets try to schedule it!

harbormaster
05-11-2004, 12:22 PM
We could put the class under the new section for contributing members. There is nothing there now.

We can decide who is going to write the course and give them access to this section where the group could privately compose the course.

TuxedoPk
05-11-2004, 12:30 PM
HM- Great idea expanding the course into having online content as well.

I was originally thinking of only training sessions pre-events (much like the tutorials running before IT conventions), but having a blended approach like you're suggesting is perfect.

TuxedoPk
05-11-2004, 10:56 PM
If time permits me, I will gladly donate my time.
I was a teacher in the "Donzi University" at the factory.

Lets try to schedule it!

If you have time, I'll gladly sign up for a day and make a donation.