PDA

View Full Version : Bennett ST9 Questions.

Kikwear
05-09-2004, 06:10 PM
My new West Marine catalog has the ST9s lumped in with the other silver aluminum sets with joystick control and the ST12 and ST16s listed as the black powdercoated ones with the electric switch. I was under the impression that the ST9, ST12 and ST16 were all similiar except for size?

I want the ST9 but only if they are the black powdercoated ones. I also read somewhere that the ST9s are single ram setups, where ST12 and ST16 are dual ram.

I am going to purchase a set of tabs this week. I found onlinemarine.com's site to be the least expensive at $420. If anyone knows of a cheaper set or has suggestions on different manufacturers, please do so.

Tabman II
05-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Kikwear,

The ST9 Sport Tabs ($420 is a great price!) are black powder coated, single actuator per tab and come standard with our Rocker Switch Control, but if you want the Single Lever Control (VC1000, Joystick type) we can exchange it out directly with you. Just ship it back to:

Bennett Marine, Inc.
Attn: Thomas
550 Jim Moran Blvd
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442

Please include a short note that has your return address, phone number and states you would like to exchange the Rocker Switch Control for the Single Lever Control! I will take it from there and process the order back to you proto!

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
MJ Thomas
Bennett Marine, Inc.
Client Services
trimtabs@earthlink.net
www.bennetttrimtabs.com

Lenny
05-11-2004, 05:31 PM
Tabman II, where can I get a set (2) ST-9 tab assemblies from,?, I am in Southwestern Canada just above Seattle. I already have a set of VERY large standard tabs on the boat, (single ram) and would like to purchase just the tabs alone and transom mounting plate and diagram and screws etc.

Tabman II
05-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Lenny,

Really, any of your local marine dealers, catalog &/or Internet retailers will be able to order you two (2) TPAST9 through their marine distributors, so please give them a call and do shop around for your best deal too!

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely
TII

Tabman II
05-11-2004, 06:15 PM
MadPoodle,

Yes, states for Trim Plane Assemble ST9, which retail for $135 each MSRP. Please give them a call and use the part number to shop around, so you will be comparing "apples to apples".

Sincerely,
TII

Lenny
05-11-2004, 06:41 PM
Awesome Poodle if that works out. I will have to buy you a few beers then as well as pay for them. That would be awesome. Let me know. Thanx. I need an installation diagram for these as well if possible. Or I will find old threads here. :wavey:

Tabman II
05-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Lenny,

Please feel free to contact me at trimtabs@earthlink.net I will be happy to mail you some hardcopies of the ST9 Installation instructions for you to look over.

Sincerely,
TII

Kikwear
05-11-2004, 07:32 PM
MJ,

I ordered them and the auto retractor on Monday. Should be installed on the boat by Thursday with sea trials on Sunday. Thanks again for all the info. Your information and courtesy has been invaluable in my decision. I'm glad they come with the rockers. I so much prefer them over the joystick.

-Ross

Tabman II
05-12-2004, 06:54 AM
Kikwear,

That is wonderful news! If you need anything or have any questions, please don't hestiate to contact me!

Sincerely,
TII

Richard McCoy
05-12-2004, 11:36 AM
BENNETT MARINE HAS A WEB SITE WITH ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS ON LINE AT www.bennetttrimtab.com/install.htm (http://www.bennetttrimtab.com/install.htm) or bennett marine. Bennett has to have one of the best service dept. Their number is 954 427 1400 call them with any questions.

Kikwear
05-12-2004, 12:01 PM
I haven't got my kit yet but I was browsing the online instructions. Seems kind of off that the tabs are secured with screws instead of nuts and bolts. I guess the engineers know better than I do though...

Greg K
05-12-2004, 01:00 PM
They can be thru bolted if you want. Mine are this way, I just made sure they were sealed well.