PDA

View Full Version : AOTH MADCOW Convoy

tamburello
05-06-2004, 07:54 AM
Unless there are dissenting opinions, we'll meet at the McDonalds on LaPlaisance Road off of I-75 in Monroe.

I don't remember what time we met up last year, I think it was around 6 or 7 AM. My crew is staying at the hotel next to the McD's so I'll let you guys that are farther away chime in with what time we rally. Ahhh what the heck, let's make this democratic with a poll. Lookin' forward to linking up with the MADCOW train!

- Jeff

roadtrip se
05-06-2004, 09:26 AM
Brad and I are talking about making the trip together with a similar o'dark hundred start time.

Look for us up in the hills on cabin row when you arrive. We'll probably have the smoker lit up by the time you roll in, so just keep an eye out for the cabin that looks like its on fire!

:chilipepp :chilipepp :chilipepp

Todd
"We'll leave the light on for ya!"

boldts
05-06-2004, 10:04 AM
In years past, the MI caravan has stopped in Cincinnati on their way down. Right off I-75. It's also been a great way for anyone coming down I-71 out of Ohio to meet also and continue the trip together. Monroe, MI is about 4 or so hours I believe. I know the OH gang has wanted to get on the road as soon as possible so we can take advantage of that first vacation day and run the boats in the afternoon. Cincinnati is about 4 hours away from Jamestown.

Up to you all, I'll dig out the directions and location for a Cincy meeting if you all are interested.

It's so coooool to see so many Donzis winding through the Kentucky hills. Pretty cool at the KY toll booth also. BTW, no rain this year. We like to arrive looking good and clean!

Ranman
05-06-2004, 01:14 PM
DJ, myself, Joe and his sweetie will all be at McD's at 6:00 or before. I'll be needing a McMuffin and a cheese danish.

I don't want to say the wrong thing here, and I'm excited to see everyone again, but once I leave MI, I'm making a B-line for Jamestown. I know we stopped in Cinci 2 years ago and IMO lost quite a bit of time chatting and stopping for gas multiple times, etc. We arrived in Jamestown much earlier last year which was nice. There will be a lot of us traveling together and it's tough to keep stopping and starting. I vote we save the meeting for the destination. :wavey:

Lastly, Who's got the talk-a-bouts? I don't think I can travel down there with out them. They're too much fun. Will we have enough or do I need to buy a pair?

Sam
05-06-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm with ya on the B-Line to Cumberland Randy.

Sam :wavey:

Sea Biscuit
05-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Add me to the 6 departure

Brad Lyon
05-09-2004, 07:05 PM
Randy,

I have two sets of Talk-A-Bouts that I was planning on bringing. You are welcome to borrow one set for your trip. Do you want to meet somewhere in the next week to get them from me? Then Todd and I can use the other set on our jouney down.

Brad

tamburello
05-10-2004, 09:33 AM
I'm glad to see that everyone is as eager as I am to get down there. We'll be fueled and ready to roll at 6 at McD's!

- Jeff

Sea Biscuit
05-10-2004, 09:59 AM
MADCOW convoy, be advised the local Erie cops set up on the Luna Pier and Erie ramps on I-75. It just cost me $140
big ones.

Ranman
05-10-2004, 10:44 PM
I have two sets of Talk-A-Bouts that I was planning on bringing. You are welcome to borrow one set for your trip. Do you want to meet somewhere in the next week to get them from me? Then Todd and I can use the other set on our jouney down.

Yes. My office is at I-696 and Evergreen. I'd easily be able to meet you around lunch time any day this or next week before the trip. Give me a call at my office tomorrow (248) 208-8347. Thanks.

Randy