PDA

View Full Version : need advise

smokediver
05-05-2004, 08:54 PM
I tried putting my new gauges in my dash. the cutouts are the same the problem is I bought bezels and the 4 small gauges furthest away from the driver i bought fisheye bezels. they wont fit . not enough room ! any ideas ?

Fish boy
05-06-2004, 08:30 AM
Smoke, I am not sure I understand the problem. Will they not fit in the cutouts, or do they not fit for some reason in the area alotted for your gauges? Do you have any pics?

Fish

Mr X
05-06-2004, 12:14 PM
I think he meens that the bezels will overlap.

I dont think you will be able to install the bezels.......unless you cut out the dash quite a bit.

Dr. Dan
05-06-2004, 01:05 PM
:wavey: You could get a new Dash Panel fabricated....I ordered my Stuff through Woody at Nisonger Marine/Auto
914-381-3600 or 888-781-6968

They will custom fabricate panels an anodize or coat or paint them as you like....not the fastest service...but it looks nice when it's done.

My Custom Dash Panel was about $240 but it is for my 22, I have seen panels on 18's... I would think they could fabricate Dimensionally what you like.

Tell him, Dr. Dan sent you... :wink: they'll probably run! :bonk:

Doc :D

smokediver
05-06-2004, 04:10 PM
thanks for the help guys. Ted you are right , they overlap. the way my panel is now , I could only use slim line bezels on the 4 small gauges and nothing on the others. that would look dumb . so i am going to call woody and see what they can do for me . I realize I will have to cutout the dash somewhat.

Dr. Dan
05-06-2004, 07:58 PM
:spongebob I am going to New York tomorrow to get some Pics of my new Dash & Panel, they are not installed in the 22 yet, but it should give you an idea of what is possible...hopefully I will be successful in the Photo Uploads... :shades:

Bringing the Hatch home to remove the Foam Sound Insulation that was standard in 1993. This will increase the clearence a tad to make more room for the water lines in the Risers and Tails. :p

Doc :beer:

Dr. Dan
05-08-2004, 01:23 PM
:spongebob Smoke.......check out my Blue Pill Thread...link to Dash pics there...

Doc :beer:

Dr. Dan
05-08-2004, 03:00 PM
:sombrero: I am sanding it now...its fine, much smoother than I thought it would be.....I am going to the Hardware Store to get more goodies....this is going to look good...eventually.... :wavey:

:spit: Doc of Sanding

smokediver
05-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Dan, thanks a lot for the pics. I am going to take some measurements and give them a call . hope you are wet soon!