PDA

View Full Version : where do I send my props for fixin?

Moody Blu'
05-04-2004, 08:03 PM
I remember someone saying a place that fixes them in NJ but its been so long since i asked, well u know how that goes.

I have two props i need to send out, one is a brasss prop 24p that spun a hub the other is a volvo ultra 26p that needs to have the blades fixed to get the dings out.So if anyone knows of a good CHEAP place let me know the phone number and name of whom i should speak with.

Any help is appreciated! :)

MOP
05-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Hey guy good to see you pop a post in, if you are close to Northern NJ I would try S&S Propeller they are the best equipped shop I know of. They are near to NYC, should also be some good ones along the shore by you.

S&S Propeller Company, Inc.
26-15 123rd Street
Flushing, NY 11354

Phil / MOP

Moody Blu'
05-04-2004, 10:16 PM
thanks mop but i need a place in Nj preferably down the shore.

anyone else?

1996Z15
05-05-2004, 06:54 AM
Moody there's a place right in Tuckerton called, surprisingly enough, Tuckerton Propellor. I don't know about performance props but he fixed my cleaver prop up for me last year.

Moody Blu'
05-05-2004, 08:33 PM
Moody there's a place right in Tuckerton called, surprisingly enough, Tuckerton Propellor. I don't know about performance props but he fixed my cleaver prop up for me last year.
phone #? are you sure there still open? and what did he charge you?

There is no one else on this forum that knows of other places????????????????????? :o

1996Z15
05-05-2004, 08:42 PM
He's definately open still; I'll have to see if I can dig up my receipt or his business card for you.

falcon
05-06-2004, 07:50 AM
i think black dog propellers is also a good shop in jersey

Moody Blu'
05-06-2004, 08:00 AM
I kind of want a shop that could lab and pitch my one brass prop who does that stuff?

somany views on this thread and help from a few guys? camon fellas!!! :hyper:

Forrest
05-06-2004, 09:43 AM
Can you actually lab a bronze prop? Re-pitch, yes but bronze bends easily, so IMO I wouldn't think that you would want to thin the blades on a bronze prop. On the other hand, you could have some one lab the Ultra prop though, but make sure that the people who do it know what they are doing. When in doubt, send it to Throttle Up Propellers.

MOP
05-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Moody I have also heard of Black Dog, for what you are thinking of doing I would definitely go to Black Dog or S&S. You need a true professional shop with the laser readers, Xray etc. My guy out by me has that stuff so I am lucky, don't try to save a buck when it comes to props. Just don't run a ground to soon there after!!!! :D

MOP

Moody Blu'
05-07-2004, 07:39 AM
so where is black dog and does anyone have a number?

mattyboy
05-07-2004, 09:55 AM
Moody here's alink to propellor service
Black dog ain't in joisey anymore dey in Merryland
do you have a yellow book??? that would give you the local guys.
http://www.boatowners.com/props.htm

we just had a few done by a local who sends them out

Matty