View Full Version : Lake Winni Poker Run - Schedule

donzinh
05-04-2004, 07:53 PM
5th Annual Lake Winnipesaukee Donzi Poker Run
Saturday, July 31st, 2004

Schedule:
FRIDAY:
7:00 p.m. Cocktails at Christmas Island Lounge
(This is the same place we had it last year)

SATURDAY:
NASWA Beach Docks
10:00 a.m. Drivers Meeting
11:00 a.m. POKER RUN
Opening of the cards
Special Awards
7:00 p.m. Clam Bake – Christmas Island Beach
($35 per person)

SUNDAY:
12:00 p.m. Relaxing at the Sandbar (Small Cove)

* * SPECIAL AWARD * * *

A special award will be going out to the TEAM that is BEST dressed in “uniform” to match their captain’s boat, and uses the most unique props. THE PARTISIPATION OF THE ENTIRE TEAM IS A MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Questions: Contact George Culotta (603) 434-8684
Bonnie Wadsworth (603) 566-6227
donzinh@comcast.net

MOTEL ARRANGEMENTS:

Again, we encourage any fellow Lake Winni Donzi members to take in out of towners.

Christmas Island www.christmasresort.com
NASWA www.naswa.com
:jestera:

boxy
05-05-2004, 07:41 AM
Sounds great George, will there be anything happening Friday afternoon ?

Hi Bonnie, I figured it was just as easy to edit this post, than start another....

Boat ---- Doubtful - NO
Friday Cocktails - YES
Saturday Run - YES - if I can beg/borrow/steal a ride
Saturday Clam Bake - YES

I'm tentativley booked at the NASWA from Friday till Monday morning.

"Why yes Mr. Custom Officer sir, I do require 10 cases of Canadian beer for a 3 day weekend, you see I have these friends the Bandits, and they have this friend Digger........."

Tom Davis
05-05-2004, 07:57 AM
Boxy, there's always something going on! I'll be up Thursday night and will be around all day Friday, I'm sure we can get some of the other Bandits started early. Typically in the past we all started congregating at the Naswa in the afternoon, and have been partying before the dinner. Not sure where we would be getting together Friday afternoon this year, wether it would be at the Naswa or Christmas Island, being that the dinner is at Christmas Island. As it get closer we can come up with a plan. The count down is on... :hyper:

Bringin you Boat :yes:
Friday Night Cocktails :yes:
Sat. Poker Run :yes:
Sat. Clam Bake :yes:

Times two for the clam bake and cocktails

Woodsy
05-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Boxy...

The party will begin as soon as you get here! There will be plenty of stuff going on, boat launchings, cruiseing the lake, general mayhem...

BTW... THANKS FOR AUTOGRAPH! WAY COOL!

Woodsy Von Outboard

donzinh
05-05-2004, 12:15 PM
As you guys look at these postings, could you just give us an idea of if you are attending any or all the events. The Naswa and Christmas Island has offered us rooms, docks, etc. at no charge. However we need to let them know head counts.

So if you could post your response, or email it to us we would really appreciate it. If you don't know or if you need to back out, no problem. We don't need to give final head counts until mid July. We just want you to keep this in mind..

Thank you.
Bonnie

Bringin you Boat YES or NO
Friday Night Cocktails YES or NO
Sat. Poker Run YES or NO
Sat. Clam Bake YES or NO

As for children at the clam bake, I will get the price and post it. I am sure it will not be much, and you are encouraged to come as a family.

Thanks

Digger
05-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Bringin you Boat :yes:
Friday Night Cocktails :yes:
Sat. Poker Run :yes:
Sat. Clam Bake :yes:

Team Jefe
05-05-2004, 06:56 PM
What Digger Said. :yes: :yes: :yes:

We should be rolling in around Supper time on Friday....that is I I don't let AquaV drive.

If she's behind the wheel we'll be there late Thursday Night. :convertib

Rumor has it the Haba Masta will be joining us as well :hyper:

customan
05-06-2004, 05:11 PM
2003 was my first but not my last ,I had such a blast ,my passengers are just getting out of the hospital , they sould be completely healed by july 31st. the tramma left them with no memories of that full throddled day in the sun.but whats a little head tramma between friends. BLACK COFFIE and I will be their "freshly ground and fully packed"! free rooms at the naz? hook me up !

boxy
05-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Boxy...

BTW... THANKS FOR AUTOGRAPH! WAY COOL!

Woodsy Von Outboard

No problem Woodman, it should have been there months ago. I'll make sure to bring some full ones when I come down.... :D

Woodsy
05-07-2004, 06:39 AM
Boxy...

Full ones will be fun..... :beer:

Bonnie... Princess & I are in for all the fun....

Woodsy Von Outboard

Audiofn
05-16-2004, 08:07 PM
I will see what is up but I may have already commited to another run. Possible however that I will change plans. What is the requirement for boating license? I understand that they are required up there. Does that go for out of state boats as well? I am registered in ME. Not sure if I would bring the 18 Donzi or Formule 302.

Jon

DonziGirl Momo
05-19-2004, 06:39 PM
The newlyweds are in - think we can take a break from "newlywed duties" :cistineb: for the best run eva! We're in for the drinking, the eating, the drinking, the run, the fun, the sun and the drinking..... Can't wait!! Team "uniforms" huh?

Momo the homo who lies poorly - it's such a shame and Pistol Pete!!!!

:ribbon:

bverd
06-25-2004, 09:30 AM
Less then a month... is everyone set for Winnie?

--bverd

MikeMiller
06-25-2004, 02:52 PM
Definitely.

Less than a month? Check your dates Brad.

Team Jefe
06-25-2004, 03:12 PM
Almost Less than a Month :smile:

No worries though, I am really anxious too. :hyper:

Oh yeah, we are so in...Big time

LADIES - Don't forget your RED BIKINI's
(Toona, I got yours Baby :D )

ToonaFish
06-25-2004, 11:23 PM
Jefe, this one just arrived in the mail... you mean you didn't send it?

(And if you squint your eyes and hold your head at an eighty degree angle, I look just like that in it!)

DONZI
06-26-2004, 06:40 AM
I will see what is up but I may have already commited to another run. Possible however that I will change plans. What is the requirement for boating license? I understand that they are required up there. Does that go for out of state boats as well? I am registered in ME. Not sure if I would bring the 18 Donzi or Formule 302.

Jon
Jon,
Here is the info on Boater Ed required.
http://boat-ed.com/nh/course/p4-3_whomayoperate.htm
Bring the X-18 and you'll have a blast.

Team Jefe
06-27-2004, 08:30 PM
ToonaBaby - No :lookaroun That one is not from me. First, it is not all Red. Second, there is WAY too much cloth in that suit. :biggrin:

Also, squint nothin' That girl can't hold a candle to you :eek:

Kenny - What kinda communist Drivel is this Safe Boater Education mumbo jumbo...We are Donzi Drivers Of course we are not Safe :jestera: Thank God I was born before 1973

Digger
07-20-2004, 08:29 PM
10 days to go. Can I get an amen?

Just received confirmation I have a place for Freedom, protected dockage, close to where I live, for the whole time I am up in NH (approx 25 Jul thru 4 Aug)

see you on the water :biggrin.:

boxy
07-20-2004, 09:05 PM
I am ready.....
Keep your eyes peeled for the lost Canadian guy, I should at Winni by noon Friday... :beer:

Donzi Di
07-21-2004, 07:46 AM
I hope you make it... gotta see my Doc.... :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

donzinh
07-21-2004, 09:10 AM
Ok guys, I need to give Christmas Island my head count by Tuesday of next week.

This will be for Saturday's Clam/Chicken Bake.

It is also a BYOB!!!!!!!!

Price is still expected to be $35.00. You will need to purchase your meal tickets, Friday night, or Saturday at the Poker Run.
For the dinner we will need to do cash. For anything else a check is ok.

I will inquire about anyone who pays Friday night, if we can run credit cards.

If you are coming, please indicate how many tickets you are buying. You may reply here, or email me at donzinh@comcast.net or call me at 603-566-6227.

Thanks.
Bonnie

**** Does everyone have their costumes/uniforms?????****

Crazy Horse
07-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Bonnie,
Looks like it is going to be a fun weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Friday night yes
Poker Run yes
Sat night no
Sunday yes

See you there.
John & Trish

Dr. Dan
07-23-2004, 12:05 AM
:wavey: The Dr. is in....I will be coming in Thursday......

Lizard,Dwight & El Doctor' for Friday,Sat,and departing Sunday...after breakfast. :wavey:

We will Sporting the Latest Fashion From Famed Designer ...Dr. Christian Troy of the Series Nip/Tuck :smash:

Doc :bonk:

harbormaster
07-23-2004, 04:56 PM
I think I can answer for Jefe , Aqua V, and me also.

Friday night yes
Poker Run yes
Sat night yes
Sunday yes

We will be pulling in to Winni mid day Friday and leaving for Texas Monday morning.

TuxedoPk
07-26-2004, 01:04 AM
Friday night yes
Poker Run yes
Sat night yes
Sunday yes

Rich (1)

DONZI
07-26-2004, 05:37 AM
Fri.- Yes for 4.
Sat.- Run w/ boat,4.
Sat.nite. Yes, 4.

Kenny
Martha
Lindsey
Katrina

Mustang Susie
07-26-2004, 12:30 PM
We'll be there from Thursday night on (if our livers hold out that long!) :beer:

Mustang and family

Audiofn
07-27-2004, 07:54 AM
Anyone want to share a room? I may be back on again. I was sapposed to be at another run up on VT with the OSO guys but do not feel like driving 10 hours as I will already be doing some SERIOUS driving over the week. Would LOVE to share a room with some one to help out with the expenses.

Jon

Team Jefe
07-27-2004, 11:08 AM
WE ARE SO IN :beer: . HM pegged it, count on "Team Wacko" rolling about mid-day Friday. We are pulling outta here Wednesday evening.

JP BRESCIA
07-27-2004, 09:21 PM
I need to find a place to stay Fri and Sat. I know it is last minute but I just purchased my new piece Sat. I have never been up there and don't want to make a mistake by booking a room somewhere inconvienient or too far. The hotels recommended on the site are booked. I would appreciate anyone replying with some names of lodging establishments they may have visited. I need the type of places a wife and sister-in-law would like to stay. If it was the boys...I wouldn't need to post this. :garfield: :toiletpap
Also, how do I contact the township to reserve one of those slips??

TuxedoPk
07-27-2004, 09:42 PM
Christmas Island- Room 123
Does any board member have this room reserved for Sat. Night?

JP BRESCIA
07-27-2004, 10:00 PM
TuxedoPK...Are you offering 123 to me? I called them this afternoon and they said they were booked but started a wainting list for me in case of a cancel.

TuxedoPk
07-27-2004, 10:11 PM
TuxedoPK...Are you offering 123 to me? I called them this afternoon and they said they were booked but started a wainting list for me in case of a cancel.

I am there for Friday night but they told me they were sold out on Saturday. My post was to make sure that if I can't find other accomodations and 'forget' to check out Saturday that it doesn't impact any other board member.

Audiofn
07-28-2004, 06:34 AM
Tuxedo/ JB Brescia, if you find a place please let me know. I have been looking a little but work is keeping me from doing any real serching. The NASWA and Christmas are the best but as you said booked. There are a few places up the side of the lake not to far away but it has been so long since I have been up there that I can not remember any of the names, Ames Farms... seems to ring a bell....

If I wind up driving up in Saturday AM does anyone know if the guys at Christmas would be kind enough to let us use their ramp?

Jon

Team Jefe
07-28-2004, 06:50 AM
Talked...yes actual verbal sounds, not just cyberspace...to MKr. Von Outboard yesterday, confirmed our place to crash and working on the slip.

HM talked to Ponyboy, he and Mustang are ready. Also talked to the Horseman....again ready.

Ladies, PLEASE remember to bring your Red Bikinis...the tinyer the better :eek!: .

We are outta here in about 12 hours....1934 miles to Laconia :hyper:

Dr. Dan
07-28-2004, 06:59 AM
Check in Alton Bay and Worst Case WolfBoro.....although a bit of a drive...we always Splash and Pull our Boat from Ames Farms anyway...so ya can park the Boats and Trailers there over the weekend....and launch each morning...we do!

Its about $30 and there are people everywhere.....never had an Issue. So I would not let Slip availability be a limiting factor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they have lodging too? 603-293-4321
amesfarm@worldpath.net

Doc :smash:

donzinh
07-28-2004, 07:26 AM
I've been on my cell phone for 3 days finding rooms for people. Boy is this FUN!!!! :propeller

Here is a list of Hotels you can try. If nothing here fits your fancy, you can search on the web, or give me a call. Try to stay in the Laconia/Paugus Bay, Weirs, Gilford, Meredith area. Any other area may be too far to drive for the evening activities. Again, I will help in anyway I can to find you some place to stay. Just let me know.

If anyone would like to add to the list, please feel free. I know as of last night B.Mae's still had rooms.

Bonnie
603-566-6227

Here goes the list:

B.Mae's
(603) 293-7526

Bartons Motel
(603) 524-5674

Belknap Point Motel
(603-293-7511

BirchKnoll Motel
(603) 366-4958

Greyston Inn & Motel
(603) 293-7377

Misty Harbor
(800) 366-4789

Silver Sands
(800) 284-6985

Crazy Horse
07-28-2004, 09:17 AM
I would recommend the Inn at Mills Falls in Meredith. One of the nicest places on the lake. About a 20 minute car ride or boat ride from the gathering places. Advantage to this place is that if you (wife/sister-in-law)want to walk around and sight see it is in the middle of a quaint New England town. Launch ramp within site of the Inn and the Inn has a dock for overnight guests.
Looking forward to meeting you.
Crazy Horse

http://www.millfalls.com/

Mustang Susie
07-28-2004, 12:07 PM
I'm with Crazyhorse. I would definately recommend either the Inn at mill Falls or Church Landing for anyone that is looking for a really nice place to stay this weekend. There is also a nice place called The Margate which is very close to all of the happenings (3 minutes by boat or car) that is located right in Pagus bay. They do have slips, but I'm not sure about overnight parking.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Mustang Susie

www.themargate.com

Woodsy
07-28-2004, 05:29 PM
There is also the Margate... about 1 mile from the action, boat slips etc... I just got off the phone with them. They have plenty of rooms, not too good on the boatslips though. Give them a call at 603-524-5210. I don't know about the quality of the place, I have never stayed there. They do have rooms and are literally one mile (on the same road) as Christmas Island and the NASWA.

If you have questions, give me a call @ 978-502-5465! Can't wait to see you guys & gals this weekend !

Woodsy Von Outboard

Audiofn
07-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Thanks guys I will try and remember to print this out when I get home and bring it with me and make some calls on the way down to Nantucket tomarrow.

Jon

DonRatto
07-28-2004, 06:20 PM
Hello Bonnie, just got off the phone with Waleye and Mustang Susie and they told me to tell you that Waleye, Mustang, DonRatto(me) and one guest of mine will be at the claim bake, sorry for the late entry but just flew in from Pueto Rico. Hope to see everyone there thanks. The Rat :cistineb:

JP BRESCIA
07-28-2004, 07:18 PM
I am hooked up at the Margate for Friday & Sat night. I wish to send a special thanks to Bonnie..Mustang and CrazyH for helping me pulloff this last minute trip. I look forward to meeting y'all. No slip though ....all gone at the Margate..I called a few places I found from a search but they are all booked. Is there a ramp/launch nearby the Margate? Marissa at the hotel didn't know. :confused:
I hope to meet up with some at the Friday Party. I can't leave until 3PM and hope to get there by 11PM. From what I understand...lake Winni parties like no other club..My kind of people :garfield:

Until then :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: my crew

Crazy Horse
07-28-2004, 08:10 PM
JP,
May I suggest you contact 'Jay' at Channel Marine and ask them for a slip. It is within view of the starting and ending points of the Poker Run. Please tell Jay that I pointed you in their direction.
Best,
John Totaro

Channel Marine 603/528-2252

JP BRESCIA
07-28-2004, 08:55 PM
CHorse...Thanks for your help. I will call Jay in the morning..
See you at the BAKE :lobster: :beer:

mphatc
07-28-2004, 10:01 PM
. . . seems like the only place I have been lately is working on the boat . . which will try to make an appearance this w/e!

Shakedown dip is Friday at Ames Farm, Late morning if all goes well!

Linda and I would like to sign up with 2 maybe 3 kids for the Clam Bake . . . OOPS , that's more than what fits in the Corsican . . .

As the Corsican has a whole new drive package, and right now only has 2 minutes run time, I won't be doing the Poker Run . . running it hard will have to wait!

I'll offer myself as crew for someone who isn't familiar with Lake Winni . . .and it floating rocks ! :wink:

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Mario and Linda

FASTEDDIE
07-29-2004, 04:49 PM
Well finally got free, Fasteddie and Lady Augusta will be over to see all of our dear Donzi friends. Can't wait. See you soon.

Audiofn
07-30-2004, 09:43 PM
I will be up for sure. I will be driving up in the AM and will hopefully have the wife with me. If not (hell even if she is) I can probably take one or two people. If it is rough I baby this boat but if it is smooth and flat then we can hang with most.

Jon