PDA

View Full Version : Awakening of the Horses Agenda

boldts
05-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Just in case those of you attending the Awakening of the Horses IV would like to preprogram your GPS units and create a checklist of what to bring, here is our planned agenda. Times are Central Time Zone and are a general idea of when things should be happening. It's vacation so don't expect everything to happen right on the button!

Thursday 5/20:

Thursday will be an arriving day. Especially for those coming from the longer distances. Most of the lodging facilities do not allow you to check-in until after 12:00. As we see the Donzi owners arrive, we will take in and admire each others boats. No planned trip to any certain part of the lake will be planned, but of course, you are free to venture out onto the lake and enjoy your boat. Maybe as you meet other Donzi owners, a ride in a model that you have not experienced before?

8:00pm
Attendee meeting at the Jamestown Yacht Club. Meeting will consist of an overview of planned weekend destinations, introductions of attendees, and a general timeline of events. Snacks and drinks are BYO (Bring your own) Just a reminder, Jamestown is a dry county meaning no alcoholic beverages are sold there. It's OK to bring it with you, but be discreet in how you display your favorite drink.

Friday 5/21:

8:30 - 9:00am
Turbo Propellers question and answer forum. Prop testing and evaluation.

11:00am
Leave Jamestown Resort and head for Lees Ford Resort for lunch.

1:30pm
Leave Lees Ford Resort to go to the "Party Cove". This location is past Burnside Marina on your left side as you come up the lake and continue on up the South Fork towards Woodsen Bend. It's the first cove on your right past Woodsen Bend.

4:30pm
Head back to Jamestown Resort. The rest of the evening is yours. Enjoy mingling with other attendees, talking Donzi boats, cards, or anything else you'd like to do to relax. If interested, many have expressed a desire to go to the State Park across the chanel for dinner. There are 2 ways to get there. By boat or a 15 to 20 minute drive on a curvy road into the State Park.

Saturday 5/22:

8:30 - 9:00am
Turbo Propellers question and answer forum. Prop testing and evaluation.
Possibly a couple other product demonstrations or "How - To" forums.

11:00 - 11:30am
Leave Jamestown Resort to go to a location called "Big Island" on Beaver Creek. You may want to bring a lunch snack along, but remember, save some room for the Texas Barbecue being held at 6pm. Big Island has a beach area where we can get out of the boats and relax. It's a little quieter than our next location.

2:00 - 2:30pm
Leave Big Island to head to 76 Falls. This is one of the must see locations on the lake any time you visit. These water falls are normally running full due to the spring run-off. So much in fact that you can drive your Donzi between the water fall and the back wall of the falls. Here again, you can raft together with everyone and relax. Many of the lake's Hot Boats make regular visits to the falls and of course, they'll be checking your Donzi out.

6:00pm
Texas Barbecue Dinner - held at the Jamestown Resort Yacht Club.

8:00pm
Donated Items Auction - This auction is used to help fund future "Awakening of the Horses" gatherings. Proceeds from this auction are split between the Midwest Donzi Club and the Donzi Registry. With-out the Registry, there would be no Midwest Donzi Club. All we ask is that everyone attending, bring some type of item to be donated to the auction. Donzi items are of course best sellers, but anything you care to donate is welcomed!
There may be a few special awards for those involved in putting this gathering together. Thank-you each and everyone of you.
After the auction, it's social time. Break out your drinks and conversation. Pictures are usually a part of the evening as hopefully someone has been posting pictures all weekend to keep the Donzi Registry up date of happenings. Plans are to have available a printer so that those with digital cameras can print their photos for those who wish to take one of the shots home with them. Some bad news as far as photos. It seems during a poker run on the lake, a helicopter crashed and the Corps have shut down pictures being taken from helos. Since this is our first ever Criterion Reunion, I was so wanting a picture of all the Criterions in attendance running down the lake. Never fear though, if there is a way, we'll make it happen only from on the water. Just won't be the arial shot I had hoped for. We'll talk about it Thursday night and come up with a plan if not before hand.

Sunday 5/22:

Possibly a cruise to somewhere on the lake before packing up and heading home. For a lot of us, it will be time to say good-bye to both new and old friends until the next Donzi gathering we happen to meet at again. For some, it may not be until AOTH V next year. Please be safe until we meet again!

For those Criterion owners who can not get their Donzi to the gathering, by all means don't be afraid to come anyways. A picture of all of you standing together would be a great take home. Don't own a Criterion or a Donzi? Again, don't be afraid to come to KY. This gathering is all about the people! You won't meet a better group of people who enjoy being together and enjoying their boats.

I have one more loose end to tie down and I'll post a Registration page. If someone would like to start a head count, go ahead. From past gatherings, we have a pretty good idea high and low of how many will be attending. The count and registration is strictly to sure things up for those supplying our special meals.

I may be single this year, so, I may pack up and leave Wednesday since I have the day off anyway. Be real cool to watch everyone arriving on Thursday.

Digger
05-05-2004, 08:26 PM
Scott, looks great! Looking forward to seeing everybody!

I think I can round up a coupla good auction items! :smile: