PDA

View Full Version : Ranman's Remodling

Ranman
05-03-2004, 09:59 PM
Been searching through pics tonight and I found quite a few "before and after" shots of my remodling endeavors. Here are some of the shots.

First shot is my living room when my brother lived in the house. Second shot is the living room today.

Ranman
05-03-2004, 10:03 PM
Master bedroom wuith brother's furniture and after a remodel. (That's Jenn rolling on the floor. :biggrin.:

Ranman
05-03-2004, 10:09 PM
By far, the most dramatic series of pictures come from a full kitchen and dining room remodel. We knocked down walls, tore out soffits, replaced windows, the whold nine yards.

Here's the kitchen and dining room we started with...

Ranman
05-03-2004, 10:13 PM
After a major wall removal.

Looking out to the dining area and front door.

Gutted....

Ranman
05-03-2004, 10:17 PM
and then the finished product.

olredalert
05-04-2004, 12:14 AM
-------That cat need a friend? We deliver!
-------Very nice work, Randy. Very impressive. I can barely get my garage swept out...........Bill S

boxy
05-04-2004, 08:31 AM
Randy, it looks great. The kitchen remodel turned out really nice.
Now come clean, you were in charge of the sledge hammer, and DJ was in charge of the new stuff, right :D

tamburello
05-04-2004, 09:55 AM
Very nice job on the remodel, the newly transformed abode looks great! I'm glad to see that you kept the Eero Saarinen designed tulip chairs and table, those are classic pieces of contemporary furniture circa 1956. The classics never go out of style. Nice work!

- Jeff

Brad Lyon
05-04-2004, 10:33 AM
Randy,

Very nice job, however, you and Jenn Are not to talk to Kim while we are in Kentucky!

Brad

Ranman
05-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Good eye there Jeff. My mother bought that table and chairs new in 1967. The chairs are authentic Knoll pieces, however the table is a knockoff.

It is my understanding that if you wanted to purchase these new today from Knoll, you'd be looking a $1200+ per chair. Unfortunatly, I only have four of them. :cool:

gcarter
05-04-2004, 01:34 PM
It is my understanding that if you wanted to purchase these new today from Knoll, you'd be looking a $1200+ per chair. Unfortunatly, I only have four of them. :cool:
Keep you eye on eBay!
The house looks really great Randy.
The workmanship is very impressive. It looks very useful and liveable.
Keep up the good work;

George
P.S. I like the gardening ideas too.
It's a shame your gardening season starts the same time as your boating season!

Ranman
05-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Keep you eye on eBay!
The house looks really great Randy.
The workmanship is very impressive. It looks very useful and liveable.
Keep up the good work;

George
P.S. I like the gardening ideas too.
It's a shame your gardening season starts the same time as your boating season!

I've seen them on ebay for substantially less, but the Knoll price list keep me smiling. At 37 years old, my set has seen better days.

Forrest
05-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Nice job, Randy! That's all I've been doing for the last year or so is remodeling. First it was (and still is, but now on hold) the beach house. Then Ginny found a new "project" house back in October that we bought, knocked down walls, gutted bathrooms, tiled . . . you know the routine :smash: , then recently move in. Next we renovated the old house to ready it for sale - lots of work there since it was built in 1953. Now we are continuing on with remodeling what we didn't do yet in the "new" house. Listen Ginny, I'm a boat guy, not a house rebuilding guy!!! :rolleyes: Anyway, no wonder that I don't have any time to work on, or for that matter, go out in any of the boats.

Jeff, I too had my eyes on the Saarinen table and chairs. My dad left me his Knoll furniture he got in the '60 - Saarinen coffee table, Barcelona chairs, Knoll-Butler dining table, and assorted chairs designed by famous architects. Needless to say, my dad was an architect . . . and so was my grandfather.

------------------
Forrest

Who was Eero Saarinen? He's the guy who among other things designed The Gateway Arch and the Dulles International Airport Terminal. If you haven't yet, take a very close look at his work especially Dulles International.