PDA

View Full Version : Tabs on the GT21...parts info please...

Lenny
05-03-2004, 12:30 PM
I am removing the tabs on the GT and putting on something a little more "pleasing to look at." My question is, which ones do I want? and where do I get the parts? Currently I have HUGE 12" x 24"w stainless tabs on there. The rams will have to be relocated (I am fixing the hole issue and exhaust issue as we speak) and while at that I will re-drill and mount the tabs. The rams work fine as does the whole system, just these would better on a 65 footer :rolleyes:. They will not see a lot of abuse as the boat will not be fast (55-ish) and I just want to keep it simple. M-80's? or 120's or Victory? I just need the tabs themselves as everything else works fine. Where do I get just these parts and new bolt/screw hardware from?

Greg K
05-03-2004, 12:42 PM
Are the rams Bennetts?

gcarter
05-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi Lenny;
Brian Kamrath

http://www.martiniboatmarinedesign.com/

email; info@martiniboatmarinedesign.com

George

Lenny
05-03-2004, 03:02 PM
Yes, they are Bennetts

Ed Donnelly
05-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Buy Canadian. Go Victory..... :) ..Ed

Greg K
05-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Single ram ST-9's are what I have on the 22. Size is 12x9, sturdier than the M-80's.
Part no. TPAST9 around $135 for the mounting plate and tab on the Bennett website. http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/partprice.htm

Lenny
05-03-2004, 06:45 PM
Thanks Greg, exactly what I wanted. Sorry Ed. :D

Greg or anyone, ST-9's are twin ram set-ups aren't they? I have single ram now...

MOP
05-03-2004, 07:20 PM
Hey them Northern boys buy all or beer so I guess we could reciprocate by buying some hard goods! LOL

Phil

boxy
05-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Hey them Northern boys buy all or beer so I guess we could reciprocate by buying some hard goods! LOL

Phil
Phil...which "beer" would that be....Dassani, or Perrier...

Ed Donnelly
05-03-2004, 11:53 PM
MadPoodle; Time is relative. A least 3 yrs...Ed

Greg K
05-04-2004, 06:19 AM
Greg or anyone, ST-9's are twin ram set-ups aren't they? I have single ram now...

The ST-9's are single ram tabs. :smash:

MOP
05-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Phil...which "beer" would that be....Dassani, or Perrier...

Humm! Well the rumor and somewhat factual thing is that you boys come over for gas and spend more on US beer than gas. When I'm up at Larry's island the Coasties are always checking out the Northern boys, the marina owner says he moves more beer than a brewery.

On topic a tab consideration, read an article that longer tabs of the same surface area are more efficient. The theory was they need a lesser angle to produce the same results as a short tab, the lesser angle presents less resistance.

boxy
05-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Humm! Well the rumor and somewhat factual thing is that you boys come over for gas and spend more on US beer than gas. When I'm up at Larry's island the Coasties are always checking out the Northern boys, the marina owner says he moves more beer than a brewery.

Phil, just cause we might be in America buying beer, never assume we are buying American beer :spit:

I'm currently heading north, instead of south to stock up on adult barley beverages. There is a place in Aylmer Quebec called Depanneur Gravelle, Le Roi de Biere...( Gravelle's corner store, the King of Beer), they sell beer, and very little else, and it's $10- 15 a case cheaper than it costs in Ontario.