PDA

View Full Version : Preventative Medicine... for me comes in a Red Pill!

bverd
05-02-2004, 11:59 AM
Well, I just got it back together yesterday. I am really pleased with how it turned out and the work the powder coater did is topnotch. I should have it in the boat by the end of the week.

It isn't a Merc Blue Motor and there is no way I am trying to compete with Dr.Dan and Roadtrip but I am really pleased so far.

New gauges are in, bilge has been redone (if I never see a grinder and fiberglass particals again it will be too soon), Diamond plate is cut and getting the final fitting today.

To do:
Once the motor is in, I have install the new wiring harness.
Still working out the powersteering unit, haven't got it yet but I will not give up. (Forrest do you have any pics of it installed you can share?)
Once Diamond plating is in (today) install the dual battery boxes.

All is coming along, I want to be in the water!!
--bverd

Mr X
05-02-2004, 12:11 PM
WOW, Brad.....
looking GOOD!! I hope it does not raise your re-sale price too much or I will never be able to buy it from you!! :eek:

Sam
05-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Love the red !!

Sam :yes:

MOP
05-02-2004, 12:49 PM
What did you do inside, cam, cubes, etc.

Fish boy
05-02-2004, 12:55 PM
dang brad, it looks fast ust sitting there, cant wait to see pics of it all bolted in.

Fish

RickR
05-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Looks GREAT!
How about more pics :hyper:

gcarter
05-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Wow!
Looks great! Almost hard to focus on! :nuke:

George

ToonaFish
05-02-2004, 09:44 PM
Wow, that's almost as pretty as Amy!

roadtrip se
05-02-2004, 09:48 PM
that red is working for me...

Will we get a chance to see it in the X at AOTH?

Todd

GEOO
05-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Brad,

That's great!!! 6.2 Hum, that should be a nice reliable & speedy ride. What drive do you have? Best of luck with her.

Dr. Dan
05-03-2004, 08:24 PM
:jestera: Man we are going to be the "Carter Brothers" with all of the Little Pills floating around.......... that looks very impressive Brad.

The Color is great.........now when is that Bad Boy going to be finished.... :smash: let's make a bet as to who's splashes first...it will probably be close?

Congrats Brother....Looks Awesome...the only thing I'd change is to post more shots of Amy along side or anywhere near the Engine or Boat.....Whew...its getting warm in here all of the sudden.. :bighug:

Doc

bverd
05-03-2004, 11:01 PM
Thanks for all the nice compliments... I think this is the 2nd time doing this exercise in as many years. Man do we have a sickness.

HP - I told you once I told you a thousand times... straight across trade for the 22. Wait a minute I think I have seen the 22 I speek of just down the street from me. (hmmmm)

Todd - The red matches the red on the boat so it should compliment each other very well. Lets hope so. No sure on AOTH, still trying to make that one work.

MOP - No mods, just a straight 6.2 MX. Should give me the HP I want with the fuel economy I wasn't seeing on with the Holly. (The whipple will be next :jestera: )

Geoo - sticking with the Volvo 280T right now. Hasn't treated me wrong. Do you have an extra Arneson? LOL

DrDan - you will be splashed first, My money is on your 22 monster.

Here is an updated shot of the bilge with the new diamond plate in. I had to glass in the two shelves for the battery boxes. They are in now (not as of this picture) and I am just to tired to take one.

And DrDan... ask and yee shall receive. :smileybo:

--bverd

CDMA
05-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Heck forget about the boat...MORE AMY ;)

Looks great man.

Chris

Dr. Dan
05-04-2004, 05:13 AM
:bighug: Wow...that looks great, nice work on the Battery Trays...

I particularly like the Printed Blue Wrap around one of my favorite "Outdrives".... :jestera:

Can't wait for Summer....more Red Engines, and of course, "Better Top End."

Doc :cool:

Woodsy
05-04-2004, 06:44 AM
WOW!!! VERY NICE! Its great to see Amy!

oh ya... nice motor Brad!

Woodsy Von Outboard

Steven Cohn
05-04-2004, 04:04 PM
One word - "SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!"

Eugene Nahemow
05-04-2004, 07:16 PM
Great looking engine, and red is my favorite color!

bverd
06-14-2004, 09:34 AM
Hey??? what is that white thing off the back of the boat connected to that black motor :yes: That is right you aren't seeing things.

Well the heart transplant is not complete yet, we are still on by-pass, it is really close. We did bump the starter to make sure things were good and she cranked over.

Still working to have things running by LG, and I hope to water test it before I leave for the dust off. Otherwise, I may just bring the gas blender and the boat and sit on the dock at algonquin and drink my self into a stuper.

What's left... Fuel line, need that one fitting, I will track that down today. I have a wiring problem, but I am pretty sure I know where it is and shouldn't be that hard to find (god I hope so). I still need to hookup the plumbing for my bildge pump (no brainer, just need to do it). Need to hook up the throttle linking (I will pickup the bracket I need today). And lastly cleen up some of the wires. Other then that I am there.

There were a number of things that took much longer then anticipated and the only thing I can point the finger too is Mercruiser. :banghead: They do things to prevent the end-user to use anything but their own stuff. It is so anoying. Nothing that was a show stopper but it forced me to do alot of modifications and some fabrication to get things to fit the way they were suppose to. And lastly... if you are going to switch then SWITCH don't have both standard and metric bolts on the same motor, OMG that was such a hassle. :splat:

--bverd (no sleep till LG)

RickR
06-14-2004, 09:40 AM
Looks GREAT! I like the matching RED!

Air 22
06-14-2004, 10:01 AM
Brad...looks awsome....gotta luv that RED :yes: .....Poodle :biggrin.:

Mr X
06-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Brad, that looks GREAT!!!
Welcome to the 377CI X-18 owners club!! :biggrin.:
Now 2 members strong!!

Dr. Dan
06-14-2004, 10:55 AM
:bonk: Looks Great Brad..........I can't wait to see that Puppy move....I hope you have a Tow Hook so Dwight can keep up with you.... :biggrin.:

Doc :banghead:

Mr X
06-14-2004, 11:53 AM
Poodle,
how about "The 575 Club" ?

Rootsy
06-14-2004, 12:37 PM
Poodle,
how about "The 575 Club" ?

hmmmm interesting ted...

ToonaFish
06-14-2004, 07:38 PM
There's just something about a guy in safety glasses...

AWESOME JOB! Looks fabulous, will Amy give me a ride?

bverd
06-16-2004, 11:51 PM
It lives and breathes...

all the 2am nights have paid off and we got it running today. After we had triple checked everything we decided to give the key and try and what do you know... first turn and she fired right up. I couldn't be happier. I think I need to get up in 4 hrs :eek: and have on the river at 6am for a shakedown run before I tow it to Lake George. :pimp: Man I hope I can get up tomorrow.

Attached is a quick video of it, sorry for the poor quality but it was getting late/dark and videos just don't do well in that light. It sounds good, but even better when you are there. :D I couldn't get it to upload here (timeout) so here is the link to it... http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/albums/members_bverd/MOV06704.mpg

I hope TangoAmy can drive to LG so I sleep in the back. I still have to pack and get things in order.

--bverd

Dr. Dan
06-16-2004, 11:55 PM
:beer: Congrats.....Sounded Good to me on the phone tonite....Check your email...I sent directions again...hope they came thru!

See Ya in 36 hours or less....

Sleepless in Shrewsbury :shades: