PDA

View Full Version : Name That Fitting Hole

GKricheldorf
05-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Well things are coming along nicely. Here is a picture of the motor in its current state. I should be back in the water in 3 weeks.

I've been trying to figure out what sensor/switch goes where and have 3 tapped holes i'm just not sure about. It appears that i can put my oil pressure sender in a couple different places. One being on the oil adapter boss and another being on the back of the motor above the flywheel. On my old motor it was on the oil adapter boss.

I'm also trying to figure out the proper place for the oil pressure switch.

Thanks,
Glenn

Mr X
05-02-2004, 11:57 AM
Pic no.1 and pic no.3 are block water drain holes.
Need a small brass plug for them.

Kinda hard to see but pretty sure about it.

MOP
05-02-2004, 12:17 PM
The one 1/8 pipe hole by the flywheel is the most commonly used stock locations, though many marine apps use the oil adapter. Using either location it is good to use a "T", sender on one side and low pressure warning on the other.

Phil

olredalert
05-02-2004, 01:05 PM
-------Engine stand matches valve-covers! Very CQQL....................Bill S

RickR
05-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Quote"One being on the oil adapter boss and another being on the back of the motor above the flywheel. On my old motor it was on the oil adapter boss. "

My 1995 BBC had the oil pressure switch on the oil adapter boss and the hgauge sender on the back above the flywheel.

Rootsy
05-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Quote"One being on the oil adapter boss and another being on the back of the motor above the flywheel. On my old motor it was on the oil adapter boss. "

My 1995 BBC had the oil pressure switch on the oil adapter boss and the hgauge sender on the back above the flywheel.

same goes for my sbc... oil pressure switch above oil filter and the sending unit for the gauge goes in the china wall next to the distributor at the back of the intake manifold... in the block...