PDA

View Full Version : Handy Photo Trick

MOP
05-02-2004, 07:26 AM
Have you ever tried to grab a photo off the net and the site won't let you have it? There are very few exceptions for most any site just right click select E-mail and send it to yourself. Once you recieve it it is yours to do with what you like. This even works on Riks well gaurded Arneson site.

Phil

Fish boy
05-02-2004, 07:36 AM
Hey phil, great suggestion. I used to do it by doing a screen capture (hold alt and Prt Scr buttons at the same time, and then opening paint and selecting paste, then save as), but this is cumbersome. Good tip.

Fish

MOP
05-02-2004, 07:47 AM
I found it by accident, was POed trying to get a photo one day and just happened to right click saw the E-mail option and tried it and Wa La I owned it.

mikev
05-03-2004, 01:06 PM
why dont you just click "save picture as" when you right click and save it to your hard drive?

Brad Lyon
05-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Ahhh, that trick doesn't work here:

http://www.kennethkwan.com/-/kennethkwan/gallery.asp

Brad

McGary911
05-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Brad, i just right clicked and saved the image on that site. Some of those pics will make some nice wallpaper.

Mike, some sites will have that option greyed out.

If you really want the pics, you can go to your internet cache, or temp internet files in the msft world. It WILL be in there, although with a nonsensical name. Just sort by date, and remember what time you loaded the pic.

Brad Lyon
05-03-2004, 05:22 PM
When I right click on them I get a message that they are copyrighted. No option to save or anything else.

Brad

McGary911
05-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Sorry Brad, i forgot 1 thing. I dont use internet explorer, which will produce the behavior you describe. Can I beat that one? Sure ;)

It might take some practice, but here's how:

Right click, to get your copyright message.
While holding down the right mouse button, Click on the ok with the left mouse button.
Now finally release the right mouse button, and you should see your normal r click menu.

Disabling javascripting would probably work too, but the mouse click button is the easiest.

gcarter
05-03-2004, 06:08 PM
Sorry Brad, i forgot 1 thing. I dont use internet explorer, which will produce the behavior you describe. Can I beat that one? Sure ;)

It might take some practice, but here's how:

Right click, to get your copyright message.
While holding down the right mouse button, Click on the ok with the left mouse button.
Now finally release the right mouse button, and you should see your normal r click menu.

Disabling javascripting would probably work too, but the mouse click button is the easiest.
You're a pretty bright guy!
Thanks for the tip.

George

Brad Lyon
05-03-2004, 07:31 PM
Now thats a neat trick! Thanks.

Brad