PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Now!

ToonaFish
05-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Y'all can razz me about this later.

But if I'm going to get to Lanier tomorrow I have to be able to close the truck door. (Duct tape? Bungee cord?)

I've fixed this before on other GM trucks with power door locks, but for the life of me can't remember how. The screwdriver/brute force method isn't working. The door lever thingie is stuck down, as though the door is closed. My mechanical type friends are out Derby partying and y'all are my last hope!

MOP
05-01-2004, 05:57 PM
Not sure if this applies, but my GMC latch was stuck could not close the door I screwed with it for 20 minutes my niehbor came over hearing my mild mannered words that I was satring to scream and pushed the latch more toward tha closed possition and Wa La pulled the handle and it popped open and has closed fine since.

Phil

ToonaFish
05-01-2004, 05:59 PM
I'm racing out to the barn to try it! Fingers crossed...

ToonaFish
05-01-2004, 06:05 PM
That was exactly the trick!

This happened all the time at the dealership, but I'd forgotten the fix.

THANK YOU!

(I'm thinking MOP needs a care package containing Three Bean Salad...)

MOP
05-01-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm racing out to the barn to try it! Fingers crossed...

He pushed the latch with a screw driver toward outside of the door!

Hope it worked for you.

ToonaFish
05-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Crisis averted! The screwdriver to the latch, flipping the handle a&& backwards worked. It was going to be damned embarrassing showing up at Tom and June's on horseback. Not to mention where I'd stash the salad in my saddlebag.

Now, will I remember the fix next time? :banghead: Thanks again, Phil.

Bunches,

Celene 'now, where did I put that Donzi proof umbrella?'

MOP
05-02-2004, 07:14 AM
Toona glad I was able to pass on help that was given to me, the old addage "What goes round comes round" Hope you had a good time!

Phil