PDA

View Full Version : Testing Video Quality?

GEOO
04-30-2004, 08:54 PM
Test 1 :kyle:
How do I post better quality video? What format and/or size do I make it? I have the video in CD quality but can't seam to upload any larger size or better video?? :rolleyes:

Ranman
04-30-2004, 09:01 PM
George,

You are absolutly insane! I love it. Please tell me you're coming to Kentucky...

mattyboy
04-30-2004, 09:11 PM
George,
absolutely beyond words!!! :yes:

Look at the steering wheel, looks like my old man cruising down the hiway in the olds 88 out for a sunday drive,
My steering wheel moves more than that while it tied up at the dock!!!

you have that boat dialed in all right! :)
can't wait to see it at the dustoff

Matty

Greg Maier
04-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Great Video ! It is amazing how steady the camera is.

GEOO
04-30-2004, 10:21 PM
Test2,
Well I can make a shorter video better quality...
Chris is getting better at holding the camera...

Lenny
04-30-2004, 11:34 PM
That is just awesome. I got a new sub woofer and satellite speaker system for the Computer and what a GREAT way to kick it off short of owning your boat. That is great !!! :D

What are the chances of doing a video of throttle-up, plane and then high speed with a port or starboard "reference" of the actual visual speed? a building "close by" or piling or something to focus on. I know, I know, what do we need next !!! :D but this gets me through some s h i t t y days.

Hope to see you in Cumberland and if I do, I WANT to be ballast on one run...

( Let's see, Lifeline, Ballistic chute, full helmet, Kevlar body suit, O2, Depends, spot remover and some FDS for when I get to shore) :D

EricG
04-30-2004, 11:51 PM
You just made my cable modem worth it!!! That was an amazing clip.... Keep them coming. :biggrin:

Thanks!

EG

roadtrip se
05-01-2004, 07:55 AM
Haven't even got my first cup down yet, but I'm awake.

That is a beautiful thing.

Todd
"Adrenaline over caffiene any time!"

Digger
05-01-2004, 04:46 PM
holy goosebumps batman!!! George that freakin ROCKS.

boxy
05-01-2004, 05:03 PM
W:eek:W ..........

Geoo, can we assume that 110.8 isn't just a random clip title :D

Tell CDMA to sit down when he's filming, or he's going to get blown overboard....
The helmet cam rocks.

JimG205
05-01-2004, 08:04 PM
George-

Holy S__T!!!!!!! That got me on the edge of my seat and the adrenaline pumping-Your Donzi rocks!! Thanks for the ride-looking forward to some more-Jim :boat:

GEOO
05-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Thanks guys glad you enjoyed them. I'm trying to capture cool video's to share, they also help me see what's going on. I try and record the trim settings, rpm, oil pressure etc., can't really see them when I'm driving. Not sure how fast it was. I had the boat full of gear, 56 gals of fuel, anchor, chain, line, fenders, ect..The prop I was using (14 x 30) did not handle as well as I would like. Once I get the props worked out, I'm going to lower the rev limiter way down for normal use and raise it only for speed runs when I have all the safety gear on.
The helmut strap are the best. Before The helmut used to move my head all around with the wind force and give my neck a work out.
The Speedo is on the left and the Tach is on the right. The GPS is not quick enough to up with the speed changes. In the begining of the 2nd video, she's moving very fast and the GPS is trying to catch up. When I back off the throttle the GPS continues to go up for an extra few seconds. I'm pretty sure my speedo does'nt go high enough to register maximum speed. A radar gun straped to the deck would give a better feeling of the speed change, it's instant.
The most fun was hitting the gas at 30, on the back of a wave and just hoping over it. The most scary thing was a few times I backed off the throttle at WOT and the boat felt like it kept accelerating, it was a weird feeling, I actually thought the throttle was stuck.

gcarter
05-01-2004, 08:49 PM
George, the continuation you spoke of, isn't that just part of supercharged engines?
I've read that turbos are bad about that. No personal experience.
Congratulations.
George

Koenig
05-02-2004, 04:30 PM
The video looks great on my connection! My degree is in film and television production (UCLA) and I could give you some filming tips, but it's gonna cost you! If your thinking ride your close! :yes: I drive:yes: :beer:

Koenig
05-02-2004, 04:44 PM
One free tip that does not seem to be needed, but I'll part with it for everyone's benifit:

If your camera can be manual focused use it, auto sucks! Swith to manual and zoom out to as far as the lens will go. Set focus until you are satisfied that the most distant object in view is clear as it's going to get. No matter what what distance your camera is filming it will allways be in focus. So when you go for the close-up on the gauges and zoom in and out the viewer does not get annoyed with watching the focus changes!

Pretty basic tip that most probably allready know, but it's free. The harder the tip the more it's going to cost!

RickR
05-02-2004, 05:54 PM
THANKS I NEEDED THAT!!!!! :biggrin.:

Looks like she's walking a little coming off the throttle? Does the Arneson free wheel like a Bravo or Alpha when backing off sharply? Or does it stay locked up?

What is the Rip Cord hooked to?

GEOO
05-02-2004, 08:05 PM
George, Yah, the continuation thing is not a mechanical thing. The engine rpm's drop right off. There's very little drag and the boat is still accelerating hard when I back off. Before with my other prop when I backed off the throttle the boat slowed down right away.

Koenig, Thanks for the tip, however I'm using a remote water proof helmut cam. The DV cam is in a belt pouch.

Rick, I'm off the throttle because I felt the wobble. This prop doesn't settle in as well as my other prop. The prop does not free wheel. I blew a fuse once a few years ago at WOT and the boat just settle right down. No problems with that.
The rip cord is connected to the leg of the grab rail under the rear seat.