PDA

View Full Version : This freak'in site will be my financial downfall

Koenig
04-30-2004, 06:17 PM
I read around here and looked at the Donzi's for-sale section and it's got me thinking of looking for a nice turn-key to race around in. Something to use while I'm searching for the right fit for my project! Considering selling my baby, completely stock looking 1886- Porsche 944 turbo. Just offered it to a fellow PCA member who's been pestering me for the chance to buy it. I'm also catching myself thinking in the back of my mind. That I hope the guy who put the deposit on my Excursion backs out, cause it's the perfect tow-rig! 7.3L diesel can haul a pretty good sized Donzi! :biggrin.:

It's 80 degree's out and I wanna go boating in my own Donzi!

olredalert
04-30-2004, 08:29 PM
--------Man, thats one old old Porsche! Are the wheels wood?.............Bill S

Koenig
04-30-2004, 10:23 PM
--------Man, thats one old old Porsche! Are the wheels wood?.............Bill S
Cute!!! It's old but in Porsche's it's the best performance for the money. Great competive inexpensive track car. It's also very stealth, people still wanna play with you when they think it's stock.

TMANN
05-01-2004, 02:05 AM
Welcome to the board. It will consume you. It’s addictive.... like you I love cars its just mine is a corvette not a Porsche. But my Donzi is the best thing I have ever done. It keeps me real busy fixing things but just as busy loving my weekends One bonus is my wife likes my Donzi. She hated my Corvettes....

TMANN

Fish boy
05-01-2004, 06:47 AM
Cute!!! It's old but in Porsche's it's the best performance for the money. Great competive inexpensive track car. It's also very stealth, people still wanna play with you when they think it's stock.

LOL, I think he was referencing the 1886 date. :)

Welcome Koenig, just an FYI, there really is no cure for the addiction to donzi's... but then again, who wants to be cured?

Fish

roadtrip se
05-01-2004, 08:21 AM
A man took a partially wrecked, early 70's Porsche that he got for a deal at $8,000. He spent two years and a little over $59,000 in the barn working on his project. After two years, he emerged with a beautiful $20,000 Porsche.

This story is repeated every year in the Donzi world. I have one of those projects. I had a perfectly fine, relatively new Donzi. I tore it to pieces and emerged with something a little more to my liking. Ain't no way I could ever get someone to give me the cash I have in this boat, but she isn't for sale!

How do you put a value on the feeling that boat gives me every time I run it? You can't! So spend what you can and enjoy it the whole time. We'll help you do it...

Todd

Brad Lyon
05-01-2004, 08:51 AM
Nicely put Todd. Koenig, welcome to the sickness.

Brad

Koenig
05-01-2004, 01:08 PM
Dang key's keep moving! "1886"!

I'm addicted to Porsche enough that my brother and I are in the process of applying for a dealer license. Porsche cars and parts only! HHHHhhmmm, marine a 928 V8. :rolleyes: I managed a dealer under the same concept, except Rolls Royce and we also kept Jaguars around to make extra income. Think I'll try and keep a couple of Donzi's around. :yes:

I've had Corvette's as well. A good clean 1990 to 95 here are starting at about $6,000 going to highs of $20,000. So for in-expensive high performance transportation, Vette's are on my list of great cars! I'll pass on my thought process. A good friend of mine married this really high maintenance type, who does not cook. He eats out every night. I'm single and hate cooking, so we go out together almost nightly. We once headed towards Outback and my friend said: "Outback is filled with noisy kids and the autmosphere is not that great, lets spend the extra couple of bucks and get a good steak and service" So we had Ruth Chris instead.

So I've since approached most purchase decisions in this way! As my friend say's: "what the heck". At least the company I work for is shopping for planes, so one hobby will be free. :D

Fish boy
05-01-2004, 01:24 PM
not that I would ever steer anyone in any other direction than donzi, but given your passions, have you ever thought about one of the boats that porsche built? SInce they are so rare, it might be enough of a draw to qualify as some sort of business expense (signage/ advertising???) when you open your dealership.

Then buy a fleet of donzi's :)

Koenig
05-01-2004, 04:53 PM
Professor Ferdinand Porsche Sr's son left the car company to form Porsche Designs. They design everything you could think of, includeing skate-boards. A link for the company: http://www.porsche-design.com/english/start/start.asp Think they have a picture of the boat they penned someplace. :biggrin: Know if only I could find who sold the tractors for them that they made in the fifties! Panzer tanks are a little easier, than the tractors. :lookaroun

Fish boy
05-01-2004, 05:12 PM
cool site!! :biggrin:

I think they did a little more than pen the boat, I know where at least one is. a close friend bought it a year or so ago. Not sure if he still has it he is always picking up really cool things here and there.