PDA

View Full Version : Boat DIW

txtaz
04-30-2004, 09:19 AM
After a couple of hours running the boat at various speeds, I shut it down to float and get sun. After an hour I tried to start it up without any luck. The engine cranks but does not fire. Also, the engine warning system does not go off when you first turn the key on like it used to.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thank you.
Wes

Woodsy
04-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Wes...

Check your safety lanyard... chances are the switch isn't all the way engaged. Thats ALWAYS indicated by the lack of the alarm test.....

Woodsy Von Outboard

txtaz
04-30-2004, 09:56 AM
Woodsy,
You are the man. That is exactly what it was. Since I was out by myself, I was using the lanyard for safety. I must have tugged on it while standing up or something. How embarrasing. BUT, I've learned something new.
Thank you very much.
Wes

Fish boy
04-30-2004, 10:30 AM
Woodsy,
You are the man. That is exactly what it was. Since I was out by myself, I was using the lanyard for safety. I must have tugged on it while standing up or something. How embarrasing. BUT, I've learned something new.
Thank you very much.
Wes

Killed a battery one time trying to start a boat the same way. Since my friends are kind enough to remind me from time to time, I am sure I will never forget to check it again.

Fish

txtaz
04-30-2004, 11:29 AM
Fish,
I knew something was wrong as soon as I tried to crank it. This boat fires up at the thought of spark. LOL AND as you, I'm sure not to hear the end of it. I'm just glad it didn't cost hundreds to get it fixed.
Wes