THANKS POODLE!

No more snagging bathing suits, toes or #^*&oles :rlol:

boxy
04-29-2004, 07:18 PM
I purchased some Accon Recessed Cleats from "Madpoodle"
Easy install (even with the backing plates) :smash:

THANKS POODLE!

No more snagging bathing suits, toes or #^*&oles :rlol:

Rick the cleats and the install look great.

Ranman....you should be all over these......:D

Lenny
04-29-2004, 08:54 PM
Rick, I have them as well, they are nice. Nice work by ACCON.

Also, I see now that the "pop-up" bow-light is now available as a powered item. Don't know the price tho but it looks like a hefty unit. Got to be cheaper than the one on Grizzs' ... :D

I have the manual one... :rolleyes:

gcarter
04-29-2004, 09:04 PM
How much load can these things take? Or are they mainly used to hang fenders on?

George...they do look good though.

RickR
04-29-2004, 09:16 PM
gcarter
The holding pin is about 3/16ths, looks tough.
I think they are the same as late model OE Donzi.

gcarter
04-29-2004, 09:37 PM
Thanks, Rick

Richard McCoy
04-29-2004, 10:21 PM
Did you route the holes or did you hand file them. I have drawn the pattern on tape and about to cut the holes when it stops raining. I plan to drill and file tried the router but the base is to wide for the ZX on the side. The Rotozip does not work well because the cut can not be controlled without walking off the lines. One slip and there would be a major problem. Going to use the Dremel with the 430 drum sander. It's about 3/8's in dia. and cuts OK.

farmer tx
04-29-2004, 10:38 PM
I bought a air saw atv NAPA to cut my holes and it worked great.
Part # NPT 6702 , although I don't remember it costing $129. seems like it was about $69.

Mark

RickR
04-30-2004, 03:43 AM
:smash: I taped off with masking tape
Then pre drilled 3 x 1/4" holes (see pic of larger holes in backing plate) for a 5/8" hole saw. Then drilled out with a 5/8" hole saw (running backwards)
Cut out between the holes with a Formica blade (teeth face DOWN) in a jig saw. Blade is available at LOWES in a Dewalt multi blade kit.

Used fast set Epoxy to seal balsa coreing and Life Caulk(polysulfide) for machine screws.

BTW: Screw holes in cleat do not match exactly with holes in Accon provided aluminum backing plate.

rustnrot
04-30-2004, 09:38 AM
Speaking of pop up cleats check these out I sell on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2466264190&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

They are smaller than just about any others I know of, for fenders only. No drain needed, all o-ringed.

If interested do not buy off ebay, I will ship for free if ebay and paypal are bypassed.

Kikwear
05-11-2006, 01:44 AM
What about the recessed lift rings? Would it be possible to flush the whole deck except for the engine compartment vents?

CHACHI
05-11-2006, 05:53 AM
I purchased some Accon Recessed Cleats from "Madpoodle"
Easy install (even with the backing plates) :smash:
THANKS POODLE!
No more snagging bathing suits, toes or #^*&oles :rlol:Rick, would these cleats be ACCON slimline 6 inch? Ken

RickR
05-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Minx
They are not Slimline
They are Pop Up 6" check with Madpoodle for pricing
http://www.acconmarine.com/products.asp?cat=3&subcat=1&view=PROD
Kikwear
I saw a 21GT (white deck/blue hull sides) with recessed cleats,nav lights and lifting rings, NICE!!!!!!:beer:

BigGrizzly
05-11-2006, 07:56 PM
My bow light is a head light not a running light. theg don't make anymore. I bough the last known new one. In 1981 when my boat was bought it was a $350 option. Mine works and is conreoler from the cockpit.

yeller
05-12-2006, 09:52 AM
IMO the pop-ups make the boat look so much cleaner. I'd like to do the same thing.

Just noticed in one pic your storage location for your paddles. Excellent idea! I'm sure many others have done it, but I never thought of that. Thanks! :biggrin:

John W
05-14-2006, 11:00 AM
I put the 6" Accons on my rig with the Dark red bezels. Came out very nice. I am consdering taking out the bow lifting ring and puttin an 8" cleat there as well. Might even put in the electric retractable stern running light.
JW

Barry Phillips
05-14-2006, 02:24 PM
I installed Accon Slim Line pull up style cleats in my 22, 6" a the stern and 4" just aft of the windshield A pillar, same location as the SE which used Accon pop-up style cleats. They look and work great, being post mounted all the mounting hardware is hidden, nice clean look. They do not nut use a spring mechanism, so I imagin they there less to stuff to ware out. The only issue on my boat was they were a retro fit so I needed to use bezels on the stern cleats to hide the original surface cleats mounting holes since they were showing slightly. I noticed at the NYC Boat Show the 35ZX was sporting a pull up cleat, although not the Accons. They looked really good and it was the first time I've seen them. Frank, if you know who the manufacture is please clue us in.

BP