PDA

View Full Version : Miami this weekend???

TMANN
04-28-2004, 06:27 PM
I was just hopping some of the guys in Miami might be able to let me in on some of the fun stuff to do in Miami this weekend. I won’t have my boat it’s just a short trip for fun. My wife and I will be there from Friday till Tuesday and want to know what beaches are the best to go to on Saturday and Sundays. Also what restaurants and clubs are fun at night? Is there any must-see's during the day? Thanks in advance for any help. :cool:

TMANN

RICPAZ
04-28-2004, 07:31 PM
I can't help you too much with the Miami scene but I'll be there for the weekend too. I'm going to the Jimmy Buffett show in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday and will be in Miami/Lauderdale Fri-Sun. I'm gonna decide early tomorrow morning whether or not I head to Key West tomorrow until Fri.

Joe's Stone Crab in Miami beach is an awesome restaurant. It's a little pricey but I think it's worth it. They're only open during Stone Crab season which may be over right now (but there might be a few more weeks or a month left before they close).

There are a lot of really cool outdoor cafe's and bars along Ocean Drive in South Beach but they are really touristy. I like Mango's and The Clevelander. I've only been to Miami on vacations and weekends so I'm sure some of the Miami guys will be able to give you some better information.

South Beach is really nice during the day, plus it's a topless beach!

Have fun!
Rich

DONZI
04-28-2004, 07:31 PM
TMANN, I think you picked a good wk.end to be down there.Right up the road in Ft.Lauderdale is the Big Air & Sea Show. :flag-navy

BUIZILLA
04-28-2004, 07:55 PM
TMANN, there are a couple or 3 of us herein that are lifers around here. Not sure what your interpretation of fun is but this IS a VERY diverse community.. PM me if I can be of any assistance.

Jim

TMANN
04-28-2004, 10:58 PM
Thanks everyone for the quick answers... My wife needs to be at her office in Miami Monday morning for work so we figured why not just fly in a couple days early for some fun. Monday and Tuesday I'm on my own during the days so any ideas for week days would be appreciated also. I'm sure I can fill the time...

RICPAZ:
Thanks for the Buffet info we just bought tickets for Saturday night also. :beer: Section 425 row 12. We see him every time he is in Houston, Austin or Dallas so we could not pass up a chance to see him in Miami. Not the best seats in the house but that’s what we get for asking for help so late. This should work out great. Thanks also for the other info... If this is a casual trip for you also PM me and I will send you my cell number - maybe we take you out for a drink for helping. Oh and I have not seen a post lately on how your Job search is going. Any news? Thanks again and let us know if you have any free time.

DONZI:
Thanks for the info on the Air and Water show. Sounds like fun if I can get my wife off the beach. I am looking on the web to find more info...

BUIZILLA:
Thanks for the offer to help. Seeing your name in a post for help is an expected thing around here. I’m sure everyone here appreciates it a lot.
As for what we like. We like just about anything. We were figuring on going to the beach, out at night to eat and drink and just relax. Now a Buffet Concert... The offer goes out to you to. If you are free anytime this Sat – Tues drop me a PM and we will take you out for a drink or something.

Thanks Again
TMANN

olredalert
04-28-2004, 11:57 PM
TMANN,

-------Im sure your wife wont mind as the air show takes place over the ocean in front of Ft. Lauderdale. The beach is the best seat. Its a bit busy down there but you wont regret it. Its a really great air show..............Bill S

RICPAZ
04-29-2004, 08:31 AM
Hey TMANN,

We are sitting in section 128 row 13 seats 15 & 16. I am really excited to see Buffett in Florrida too! We've seen him in CT, NY and California but I'm thinking southern Florida has to be the best place to see him! We'll be getting into Lauderdale tomorrow afternoon but haven't reserved a hotel yet. Probably tailgate Sat. afternoon with the "Parrotheads" at the show. The Lauderdale air show is awesome too. Saw it two years ago and it was great. You sit right on the beach and watch the planes zoom past and see the Navy ships anchored off shore.

I actually just got a job two days ago. I start on Monday. I'll be working for a relatively new small company (less than 2 years old) called MPH System Specialties, Inc. in Venice, FL as their international industrial sales manager. They make solvents & cleaners and their best product is called Strike-Hold which is a dry lubricant/cleaner/penetrator. It is an excellent product which is being used extensively in the military in the war in Iraq and war on terror. It is like WD-40 but 100 times better. It was designed to keep the troops' weapons from jamming up and has been working great and is saving many lives! The troops now use it on everything from thier guns to humvees, tanks, planes and on board ships. MPH now wants to offer Strike-Hold to commericial (non-military) customers which I'll be in charge of. Strike-Hold is going to be very popular in the marine industry on boats and electrical equipment. I can think of 100 uses for it on my old boat alone!

I'll send you a PM with my contact info for the Buffett concert.

Take care and have a safe trip.
Rich

slick
04-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Hey TMANN, was just in South Beach Sunday night and beach around the Marriot South Beach was really nice, a mixture of tourists and locals, also a nice place to dine across from the same hotel. Just south is Pearl and Nikki Beach Club for evening(late) partying. To get in Nikki Beach Club go around back and enter from beach excess that way you don't have to play the "pick me" game in the line out front. Enjoy, its a trip.............................................. ................... :rlol: