PDA

View Full Version : last friday

smokediver
04-28-2004, 05:51 AM
Last friday the president was in town here in Naples. He happened to be speaking at a place in my district. I had to run an engine down there as requested by the secret service.It just so happened that the fire hydrant was located in a courtyard and I had to be within 100 feet of its location. To make a long story short, the prez. stopped by the engine on his way by and gave us all a god bless ! very exciting stuff! we all shook his hand and i let him know that not all firefighters are for that other guy :) I will post some pics later on today .

Fish boy
04-28-2004, 07:10 AM
Great story Smokediver, I am glad you shared it with us. Can't wait to see the pics.

smokediver
04-28-2004, 11:26 AM
ok here is how the day unfolded
we had to measure from the back of the engine to the podium where george was speaking . it was 415 feet away . i decided a smooth bore would be best because of the insane amount of friction loss in 1 3/4" hose. that's me playing with my hose in public :)
Then I decided the secret service looked a little too stressed out so, i decided to walk over and see if any of them would like a hug :) they have no sense of humor !
Hey ! is he coming over here ?
cops always schmooze there way in .
yeah that was cool !

gcarter
04-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Pic # 4 is GREAT!

George

Dr. Dan
04-28-2004, 10:20 PM
:cool: Awesome Shots...man that is a beautiful area...what a neat experience!

Doc

Fish boy
04-29-2004, 12:37 PM
Great pics smokediver, you and GW chillin. Sweet!