PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Donzi 18 2+3 V-Drive NEED TO SELL NOW!

Munkustrap
04-27-2004, 08:22 PM
OK guys, I need to get real here: I originally overpriced this unique boat at way over market. I suppose I was thinking about the $10,000 engine, and not about what the boat will actually bring. This is a rare opportunity to buy a great original V-drive 18 with a NEW Mercruiser engine. I have to meet the kids' tuition payments, due next month, so the boat goes.

This is one of aprox 18 original v-drive Donzis made. (S/N 0929)

New Mercruiser 7.4L MPI (454 cu. In.) engine, 2000, total time: 45 hours.
Borg-Warner Velvet Drive hydraulic transmission
Crusader V drive unit with oil cooler
Fuelscan fuel flow meter
Dual batteries with Guest charger
Fireboy Internal Halon 1301 automatic extinguisher
Racor LG-100 fuel overflow preventer
Bennett trim tabs
Solid chrome-on-brass side rail ends from original Donzi molds
Fresh water flushing fitting and automatic valve
Original gelcoat on deck, Imron on hull.
(note: some areas of Imron have peeled and will need to be repainted)
New toneau cover
Custom made Sunbrella deck cover
Original Biltrite upholstery
Trailer thought to be original Donzi unit

PHOTOS ON THE WEB (http://www.almours.com)

**FIRST $8200**

email: damdonzi@almours.com

DAULEY
04-28-2004, 08:53 AM
does any one know anything about this boat

Fish boy
04-28-2004, 09:15 AM
I think Tango lives in the area, might give him a shout.

Last Tango
04-28-2004, 11:41 AM
I do in fact live in the area. I'm not familiar with this particular boat, but if anyone is genuinely interested in purchasing this boat, please find out from the seller exactly where he is located, e-mail me your name and phone number and the sellers name and phone number and I will be happy to give you, the potential buyer, a cell phone call and talk you through the boat while I look at it. Very interesting boat.
E-mail me at Varyak@aol.com

Bob
04-28-2004, 02:00 PM
I looked at and rode in this boat a few summers ago (2001?) on Lake George. If I recall, originally a Maryland boat that went to Vermont. (Still has VT reg#'s in photos). It had a BB 396? Chevy. Ran strong, needed cosmetics. I was about to make an offer and found out that it was sold and going to Florida. Now with a 454. Current owner also added new throttle controls. If anyone wants to talk, call and I'll try to remember more. Bob 661-324-9432 Pacific

Munkustrap
04-28-2004, 03:20 PM
Bob is correct. This was originally a Maryland boat, and spent some time in Vermont. Pervious owners had installed some non-marine items, such as an electric fuel pump(!) along the way. The old engine and all associated components were removed, and only new USCG-approved items were installed, including new engine controls.

A copy of the old survey (from Maryland, before the mechanical restoration) is available here. (http://www.almours.com)

MR MAGOO
04-29-2004, 02:55 AM
Wow, what a small world!

I had looked at that boat when it was in Vermont close to 10 yrs ago. It was at the top of a mountain that was so big I was looking down at the top of a ski area! You never know where a Donzi will turn up!

Sounds like it's a give away at that price. Back when I looked at it they were asking 10k with the old 396

Good luck,

Kurt

Brian Freeman
04-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Munkustrap, can I get your phone number so I can call you about the boat? I am interested in it.

Munkustrap
04-29-2004, 03:33 PM
Please email me privately at: damdonzi@almours.com and I will give you my direct contact number. Thanks for the interest in the boat!

Brian Freeman
04-29-2004, 04:02 PM
I tried to e-mail you but for some reason I cannot e-mail you. My e-mail address is Briafrmn@aol.com. Send me an e-mail with the number and I will call you.