PDA

View Full Version : 1966 18' Barrelback Interior Color

KDG
04-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Would Donzi be able to identify the original interior color for my 66' Triple Hatch Barrelback? I'm in the process of locating the I.D. no.. So far, I haven't found in the engine compartment, back side of the dash, etc. If not, would Bilt Rite be able to do so? The entire hull is yellow with a white center stripe. Present non-stock interior is black.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

KDG

Greg
04-28-2004, 05:56 PM
i have the original factory handout that came with my '66-18'. On the front it shows a yellow 18' with a black interior. I would post it but the software I need to knock it down with is on the fritz.

KDG
04-30-2004, 10:11 AM
Greg,

Thanks for the information. Would you by chance have any photos of your boat that you could e-mail to me? I'm trying to gather as much information as possible and do things right in terms of the restoration.

Thanks,

Kurt

olredalert
04-30-2004, 11:12 AM
KDG,

-----Although black would look beautiful, it obviously has its pitfalls. I used to see as many DONZIs as most back in the day as I hung around north Miami Beach and Ft. Liquerdale, but never saw all that many black interiored boats. Just to damn hot, and with the white stripe on yours it probably didnt come with black interior. If I had to guess I would say yours probably had either yellow or white interior. As far as restoration goes, I think all of us pretty much agree that if you choose the original combo that suits you the best, go with that one. These arent $100,000 427 1967 Corvettes yet where exactness is paramount. One of the reasons I love fooling with these old boats is that we can use our own common sense about colors and power and such, and just go out and have FUN!