PDA

View Full Version : Price for 94 22' Classic

BacDoc
04-23-2001, 11:46 PM
Can anyone tell me what a decent price for a 94 22' Classic would be. I'm looking at one with 502,fuel injected, Bravo 1,in good shape. The guy was asking $23,950. I have him down to $21,500. Have been told this is high. Also if anyone knows of 22 Classic with above items ( Red in color )for sale I'm ready to buy , THANKS

Tom on Lanier
04-24-2001, 05:58 AM
BacDoc - It's all dependent upon condition but, I'd say that is a good deal for a 22 in pretty good condition. Go for it, join up with the others from Virginia and bring it to Lake Cumberland for AOTH on May 11. One of my buds drove clear to Texas to buy one just like the one you're looking at, color and all. He's bringing his.
Hope to see you and your new boat there!

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

Dr. Dan
04-24-2001, 07:49 AM
BacDoc, I agree, if you research, and I have, the cost differential of totally new vs. a very good condition '22, you will be right in line. I'd say at the price you have him to, he is ready & willing to sell. That's a nice set up,we just bought our '93 with a 454 for around $21k with trailer and our boat is flawless. You won't regret it, just get it checked out to make sure compression is good and have someone do a once over on it, make sure it's someone you trust with boat knowledge. The beautiful thing about this deal is just like cars, if you can find a used model in excellent shape,someone has already taken the depreciation hit, now you can enjoy it. Good Luck, let us know?...Doc

Murphy
04-24-2001, 11:15 PM
I agree with these comments. If you can buy a decent 94 with a 502 and Bravo for $21k you better grab it. Sure you might find a better deal in the next 5-years, but not likely. Good 22's are hard to find. Condition is everything. If it needs work, you could end up sinking another $3-4k into it easy. I thought I got a steal on my 1986 22 Classic at $13,400. Two years later I have a virtually like new boat and it's been fun redoing it (not always but mostly). My total investment at this point is approaching $18k. Sounds like you already found a real deal. Go for it! The 22 is a great boat.

Murph

roadtrip2
04-25-2001, 09:33 AM
BacDoc,
Just wanted to chime in here with the rest. If you like it, buy it!!! Do the standard stuff like a leak down test and demo run, then write a check.
I was looking for a 22 last fall. Went to Chicago, Washington DC, and Atlanta to look at boats. Most of the time with check in hand. I ended up buying a new boat for a lot more than 21k, because I just wasn't interested in looking at any more "like new cream puffs." Good luck, Todd

harbormaster
04-25-2001, 10:25 AM
Hey Bac Doc,
Check with Ed Hodgkinson of Lake George.
We spoke last week and he knew of some sweet deals on 22's
email him at fasteddie@lgdonziclassic.com

Scot V
The Harbormaster