PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Please!!!!!

DonziNUTS
04-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Does anyone have jpg, bmp, tif etc. of the Donzi logos? I really would like the old Donzi Racing Team w/ propeller, but any of the others would be great. I would like to finish up the 66 with this logo on the back hatch!!

I have posted this before and no response. I also have seen others also......if there is anyone please private message me or reply here!

My best friend owns a sign company...can get down things very cheap!

Thanks!
Mike

Last Tango
04-27-2004, 10:23 AM
You could give SpeedRacer a jingle. He did one on his 16 not long ago.

Bob
04-27-2004, 01:08 PM
I'm looking for the prop logo too. Getting ready to redo the dash on the Hornet. If these can be found, maybe added to the archives for posterity.

Fish boy
04-27-2004, 01:54 PM
here ya go

Tomron
04-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Drop me an email and tell me what size and format you need, I have the original decal so I can scan it for you.

Thomas :sweden:

Brad Lyon
04-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Oh sure, now someone comes up with this logo! :biggrin: I tried to get this one earlier, it would have been allot easier to paint on a wall than the lion and dolphin.

Brad

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34130

How do you re-use pictures that have already been uploaded?

Fish boy
04-28-2004, 05:37 PM

put the mouse cursor on the picture you want, right click and select "save as". A window will open with a button that says "Save". Click the save button ans it will be saved to your hard drive (by default to the "my pictures" folder unless you specified something else).

Any time you want to access the picture, open the program Windows Explorer, left click on the folder titled "my pictures" (if you do not see it look in "my documents" for the picture folder) and left click on the picture.

Fish boy
04-28-2004, 05:43 PM

Brad if you are talking about
posting a picture in a thread that has already been posted then do the following:

Go to the picture, put the cursor on it, and right click. Select properties. you will see the address that starts with http:/

Copy this address and past it in your thread. type the following in front of the address and then type the following at the end

the only proble with this is that i have not figured out how to make it a thumbnail, but at least the picture will be there.

Someone else's picture that you want to save and reuse:
put the mouse cursor on the picture you want, right click and select "save as". A window will open with a button that says "Save". Click the save button ans it will be saved to your hard drive (by default to the "my pictures" folder unless you specified something else).

Any time you want to access the picture, open the program Windows Explorer, left click on the folder titled "my pictures" (if you do not see it look in "my documents" for the picture folder) and left click on the picture.

Fish

gcarter
04-28-2004, 06:06 PM
Thanks, Fish;
I unsucessfully tried to do that the other day! :banghead:

George

GKricheldorf
04-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Mike,
How big are you wanting the logo to be? Once you resize the image bigger then the original you will have substantial degradation. I'll see if one of our graphic artists can make it into a vector graphic. That way you have a perfect picture at what ever size. I'll post back when I find out.

Brad Lyon
04-28-2004, 07:04 PM
Thanks Fish. I wanted to put the picture of my son standing next the the wall that I painted with the lion/dolphin Donzi logo. Since the picture was already on the server I thought that I could just click on the "Manage Attachments" and somehow navigate to my uploads that I see when I go to the user control panel and just re-select them for the new post. That way it would have a thumbnail like the first post. I guess not.

Brad

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1722

Fish boy
04-28-2004, 07:38 PM
dont forget the and the if you want the pic in your thread.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1722

Brad Lyon
04-28-2004, 07:49 PM
I tried that, but as you can see for some reason the picture came out huge! It isn't that large when you click on the just a link to the picture or when you click on the thumbnail in the other post.

Brad

Fish boy
04-28-2004, 07:53 PM
it must be a pretty high res camera, the dimensions are 2000x3008 pixels. DO you want me to take the pic down from this thread? I can also resize it for you if you want.

Fish

DonziNUTS
04-29-2004, 07:34 AM
Thanks guys! I got it to work. I sent it to my sign guy and he is making it 20". It's going on the back hatch!! He is also doing the older Donzi decal on the side hull. After 6 years from my last 16 he still has the original size and graphic! Anyone who is looking here is his business:
Montgomery Signs
Allan Glickman
610-834-5400
Tell him Mike Baiocco sent you!!

PS Any body have the other decals? Lion, Dolphin, Flag, etc.

Thanks again!!
Mike

Bob
05-04-2004, 10:36 AM
Can anyone convert or save these logos to a .dxf (Autocad) file and post them?

Speed-Racer
05-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Fishboy

That's pretty cool....the logo on the wall :cool:

Have a giant template for it?

boxy
05-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Hey Mike, does Allan have a brother named Randy ??

Fish boy
05-05-2004, 07:59 PM
Fishboy

That's pretty cool....the logo on the wall :cool:

Have a giant template for it?

Speedracer,
thats is the best version I have, but I think a member named tomorn may be able to help you out. Does not post much, but if you sent him a PM or email he might hook you up. See ya at the suwanee river! :cool!:

Fish

Ranman
05-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Can anyone convert or save these logos to a .dxf (Autocad) file and post them?

Bob,

What you are asking for is much more complex than it seems.

There is no way really to convert to a .dxf file. You literally have to draw the logos in. I have done this for a few of the Donzi logos, but I'm not giving away the files. I have put countless hours of hard work into these drawings and so I don't view them as free for distribution. If you absolutely insist on having the drawings, PM me and we can try to work something out.

Anyone looking to reproduce any trademarked logo should first obtain writen consent from the trademark owner. I in fact was given consent by Donzi Marine, in writing, so I feel I'm in the clear. Unfortunatly, I would have no idea how to get this consent now that our most popular contacts at Donzi are no longer.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2687

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2686

DonziNUTS
05-06-2004, 12:14 PM
Not sure if Allan has a brother...I will ask him.
As far as I know Donzi does not reproduce these images. I am not selling them just putting them back on the boat. I do not think there is a copyright issue here. Maybe I am wrong or what?
I hope I do not offend anyone here but alot of guys here helped me with alot of stuff....for me to charge AutoCad work for these logos! I came from a family and friends of "You scratch my back...I'll scratch yours!" We never charge people who helps us out later or before.

If anyone wants these in AutoCad I will glad to put some time in and do it for free!!! Yes for free!!!

The info on here is pretty much priceless and I have people here give me stuff!

Help out a fellow board member....

Thanks!
Mike

Ranman
05-06-2004, 12:51 PM
I do not think there is a copyright issue here.

If you reproduce a trademarked logo without permission, there is an issue. That being said, it is up to the trademark owner to raise the issue or enforce their rights. It is, however, within their power to do so. I doubt you will have a problem with what you are trying to accomplish as you are a Donzi owner who is also an involved enthusiast. Regardless, the fact ramains.

I hope I do not offend anyone here but alot of guys here helped me with alot of stuff....for me to charge AutoCad work for these logos! I came from a family and friends of "You scratch my back...I'll scratch yours!" We never charge people who helps us out later or before.

Who said anything about charging? You're obviously referencing my post. I never said anything about charging. I did say that I will not make my work available for FREE DISTRIBUTION. So what line of business are you in? If I send you the files am I entitled to 30 hours of your business time? Yes, I'm being facetious, but I want to make a point. I agree with your help one another philosophy, but everyone is not that way. Too many people will take advantage of your hard work. Isn't that the whole point of copywrights and trademarks? That is why I said to PM me for more information.

I would also like to add that I'm on this board daily and I bend over backwards to help other members and pass along useful knowledge. I won't say that I'm offended, but irked may be a better term here. :kaioken: For some reason I sense your questioning my integrity. Please tell me it's unfounded.

Anyway, I was never even going to post to this thread. I decided to try to help and I got flamed. My post was intended to help and simply asked for a PM for more information. I won't make this mistake again. :( :( Good luck with your project.

DonziNUTS
05-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Sorry for ruffling your feathers....I will apoligize...I guess I read your posting wrong. I read it towards if the person contacted you who will work some kind of deal concerning money! That is why I posted!!
I do not want to make enemies here....I do not hold any grudges either. I am just trying to give back what the site has givin me.

As far as the copyright thing...who should I give the ccredit to or ask for permission? I have seen millions of logos being made and sold for profit all over the place.
As far as I am concerned.....I do not care about copyright...everyone does it!

Again Sorry for the other posting!!

Apologizes accepted?

Mike

DonziNUTS
05-06-2004, 01:19 PM
Oh....to answer your question.....I am a Civil/Project Engineer for a very large convience store chain here on the East coast....

Ranman
05-06-2004, 01:40 PM
You didn't really need to answer the question, it was rhetorical. :biggrin:

Anyway, apology accepted. I am here to help and will continue to do so. I just want to make sure that others don't profit from my "charity" work which is why I won't openly distribute. It's not that I'm selling it.

Going back to the copyright stuff... Just because everyone does it, doesn't make it right. My point here is that at a minimum, anyone who chooses to reproduce a trademarked logo should at least be aware that the owner does have the right to that design. If they choose to come after you, it's their right and they will win. If you have profited from these infringments OR if the owner has lost profits, the infringing party will most likely be responsible for damages. Everyone should simply be aware that this is a possibility.

To date, I have never heard of Donzi going after anyone for reproducing their logos or designs. That's not to say they can't if they so choose. I would think it would be counter productive for Donzi to go after an involved enthusiast who promotes their product. They may be inclined at some point to go after non enthusiasts who are trying to profit at Donzi's expense. I'm not saying you shouldn't go forward with your project, I'm just saying you should be aware of the situation.

Rootsy
05-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Randy,

i fully understand where you are coming from and i agree whole heartedly. i am the same way, i always try to be helpful but i hate getting burned too...

being a mechanical engineer i spent a LOT of years learning and perfecting what i do (and i think i am pretty good at it) and i spend A LOT of time designing and manufacturing different wigits... both for work and for myself as most can see... i have a few pretty cool tools at my disposal and i am lucky to have such resources...

Those who know me also know that i literally will bend over backward for, and pretty much NEVER ask for ANYTHING from my friends whom i feel would do the same for me... but like you i won't just give my hard work away because i've been burnt way too many times... what tweaks me the most are the few times i have been kind enough to design and prototype things then share them with others and now there are people making profit from my hard work... i hate thieves... and if you don;t know someone from adam there really is no way to tell who'll break it off in your behind when you aren't looking...

so how do you tell when someone ligitimately needs something in order to actually manufacure it and yet know they are going to use it for only themselves? this is the problem... if i can TRUST a person i have no issues offering my assistance and aid... :)

and yes.. you can hire me to do design work and maybe a few "one off projects" and i feel i am VERY reasonable when it comes to compensation... besides i have a donzi habit to support... :D

JR - let the flaming begin eh...

DonziNUTS
05-07-2004, 07:53 AM
Ranman,
I totally understand about the copyright...Thanks for filling me in.
Anyway on the other note....Ranman and Rootsy I can see where both of you are coming from. Yeah I have been burn a couple of times...just will not do anything else for that person(s). Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for being understanding....I jump the gun on reading your post!!! Thanks for accepting my apologizes!!

Mike

Fish boy
05-07-2004, 07:58 AM
I'm feeling a group hug coming on... ;)

thriller
05-07-2004, 08:42 AM
Damn...I was just about to grab a bevy and pop some corn..

Hey Bob...You like Merc or Volvo? :rlol: :embarasse

Bob
05-08-2004, 04:17 PM
:chillpill Gee guys, I sure didn't mean to start something. The black laminate instrument panel on my 1971 Hornet needs replacing. It has about a 2" Donzi logo that I was going to get machined into aluminum. I assumed (always a danger) that machinist would want an autocad (.dxf) file. Will a .jpeg work?? What have other board members used?
I'm not trying to profit from anothers work. The foundation of this site seems to be the knowledge base that is shared willingly and the free exchange of ideas that save one anothers time and money. Thank you one and all.
As far a Chevy vs Ford or Merc vs Volvo I'll get a cold one and watch- my Hornet has a Chrysler 440 Six-Pack running through a Crusader V Drive :biggrin: