PDA

View Full Version : Info wanted about 1967 Donzi 28

Jong30
04-26-2004, 05:55 PM
Can anyone give me any information on a 1967 Donzi 28. Pics of the inside, weight, anything will help. We already know the history behind the boat.:)

Scott Pearson
04-26-2004, 06:59 PM
I have a ton of pictures of my 1968 Sportsman. About 100 Pictures....what ones do you want? I could zip them and email them to you.

Here is a few pictures and some info.

(NJ)Scott
Lake George Donzi Classic Club

Jong30
04-27-2004, 05:17 PM
Sir:

Thank you very much for the pictures of your boat. I am about to purchase a 67 Sportsman. Mine looks the same except that my windshield is rounded. The previous owner also had the hull windows taken out and glassed over which I think gives it a smoother look. The lady I'm buying it from said that the engines were replaced and that they are 350 Chevys. Other than that the two look identical. Do you have any idea what the value of this boat is. I've seen a wide range of prices. Once the survey is complete and the sale finalized this week or early next I would be glad to share some pictures if you were interested. I really would like some idea of this boats value though.
Thanks Jon

olredalert
04-27-2004, 06:02 PM
Jon,

-------Where in Michigan are you from?.........Bill S

Scott Pearson
04-27-2004, 08:14 PM
Jon,
I guess there worth what someone will pay. I have seen people asking a very wide range of prices for them. I got a very good deal on mine...It would make most people sick.

My boat is pretty clean and overall in very nice shape. I bought it with one blown engine. I going to put Big Block EFI motors in it in the near future.

Would love to see some pictures of yours. I might know the boat.

(NJ)Scott
LGDCC

falcon
04-27-2004, 08:22 PM
scott,

was wondering if you were ever able to obtain and articles about the boat--i have the same brochure pictures that you showed but am still looking for anything that was written on the boat--in its day was one of the hotest boats available--the magazines must of given it some press.

concerning value---i have found basket cases for as little as 5K and a really nice restored one for about 40k

Scott Pearson
04-28-2004, 05:19 AM
I know I have some other articles and brochure somewhere I wil have to look. Most of them are pictures of the 28 race boats promoting fiberglass or something like that. But still some very cool pictures.

Those prices sound about right but I have seen some exceptions here and there.

This is how I found mine sitting in a marine in Longbranch NJ. I came across it in the press forsale and the guy had it listed wrong. But I knew what it was after I talked to him. The rest is history.......

(NJ)Scott
LGDCC

Jong30
04-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Bill
I live in Wyandotte, Michigan about 15 miles south of Detroit. We are on the Detroit River and the nw corner or Lake Erie

Jon

Scott

Just got my survey results back. The main bulkhead is cracked/rotted and pulling away from the hull on the port side. The other has a crack and is also pulling away but much easier to fix. Anyone replace these that you know of. The main one looks like it would be very hard to get to w/o tearing things apart. Other than that just hoses need replacing and a cutlass bearing. Still have not heard the engines run and they have sat for two years. The widow wants a good amount of money but is willing to deal. I have no idea now of what to offer her. I was thinking in the 5K range. Am I stupid?
Jon

GKricheldorf
04-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Hi Jon,

Spent may days as a youth swimming in Lake Erie when i lived in Dunkirk NY.

In my experiences i always started out low and worked up. Give the lady a copy of the report and maybe some estimates it will take to get it sea worthy(or lake). I'll bet those motors are going to need hours of work before you can even fire them up, if they fire.

Scott Pearson
04-28-2004, 09:01 PM
I would start low. I have always made crazy offers on things...Hay...you never know.

(NJ)Scott

olredalert
04-28-2004, 11:48 PM
Jon,

-------I have a guy in Port Huron who is the best at both paintwork and any kind of fiberglass repair. Hes good and hes busy and he isnt particularly cheap, but as usual in this world you get what you pay for. E-mail me if you need to. If you want to take a ride up here we can stop by his shop and I can get you two together............Bill S