PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Pics of Boat Back Together

GEOO
04-25-2004, 06:09 PM
Larger 504 Intercooler, New Extreme Velocity Hat, Merc. Raw Water Pressure Relief Valve, TAIL Blow-Off Valve, Gill's Raw Water Strainer.
I still need to replace one 180 Degree Rubber hose from the IC to the hat with an Aluminum one.
And never found the time too paint the bottom. :frown:

GEOO
04-25-2004, 06:11 PM
More Pics.

GEOO
04-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Here's my new Safety Equipment.
Don't mind the poor excuse of a model... :moped:
I couldn't get :pumpkin: to do it again.

Tidbart
04-25-2004, 06:22 PM
And I was complaining about space with my 350 Mag.......

Nice job!

Bob

Speed-Racer
04-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Geoo,

Looks good, and just as scary...

RedDog
04-25-2004, 07:01 PM
Is that a camera on top of the the helmet?

gcarter
04-25-2004, 07:05 PM
Great pictures George! :checkered
The next to last picture seems to be looking forward towards the port side of the rear seat. The blue hose seem to be fuel, so I would surmise the other is a return, right?
Also every time I see the picture of the engine from overhead with your toes showing, I always think of you trying to do that while at speed, kind of extreme surfer! :shocking:

George

Rootsy
04-25-2004, 07:27 PM
God i LOVE IT :)

Brad Lyon
04-25-2004, 07:27 PM
WOW! That's, WOW, what, WOW, can anyone, WOW, say. WOW!

Brad

Scott Pearson
04-25-2004, 07:30 PM
George,
Looks Great!!! Cant wait to see it again at the Dust Off!

(NJ)Scott

smoothie
04-25-2004, 07:49 PM
I dont know what looks better the motor or the safety gear,nice job on both!

ToonaFish
04-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Here's my new Safety Equipment.

Are you sure the diapers will fit under there?

Looking good, oh speedy one.

RickR
04-25-2004, 08:03 PM
WOW!!!! YOU'VE BEEN BUSY!
Looks AWESOME!

Keep us updated on the raw water dump.

I was thinking about MIGHTY MOUSE when I saw this at the machine shop the other day :wink:

Mr X
04-25-2004, 08:09 PM
GEOO,
that is awesom!!!
BTW I finally got my cockpit floor finished (except for the gelcoat)
Thanks again for the Picture/diagram :)

MOP
04-25-2004, 08:58 PM
George looking super! Looks a bit like a Jeweled watch! Could not help posting a before & after shot. Can't wait to hear what it will do now.

Phil

olredalert
04-25-2004, 09:16 PM
George.........You are our hero. That set-up simply looks awsome...........Cant wait to hear some numbers............Also good to see the extra safety net..................Bill S

GEOO
04-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Thanks.
Red Dog, Yes, It helps me read the gauges.....
Rick, That's a nice Rodeck Aluminum 400 Block?
George, Yes, a -12 feed and a -8 return.
Scott, Looking Foward to seeing you and Cathy at the Dust Off.
Tuna, I have a hollow seat, direct overboard discharge...No Depends.
Rick, The water dump is one of those things that would be hard to see if it works, Hum, may be I'll stick some paper in the thru hull, if it's gone after a run it must be working.
Ted, I hope I never dock next to you. Your X is going to be a real gem...
Phil, Same motor just a little cleaning up and better breathing with the new IC.

Mr X
04-26-2004, 07:17 AM
Poodle,
I offset it to counter the torque. :bonk:

EricG
04-26-2004, 09:28 AM
Absolutely beautiful Geoo!!! I can't wait to hear the reports from this years Lake Rescue Shootout.... :eek!:

-EG

Mr X
04-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Poodle,
I am now going outside with my tape measure!! :biggrin:

Eugene Nahemow
04-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Geo,
That engine is an incredible sight to behold!
I look forward to seeing the speed#'s and Chris wakeboarding behind it. :eek!:

GEOO
04-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Hum...Scott want to be Navigator? :chilipepp

I'm hope to be at Lake Cumberland that weekend... :D However I may have to Test run my Brother-in-Law's 27 Jupiter, (new 300 yammies, low water pick-ups and Stainless Marine Jack Plates, I wonder how he got that idea?) to the Bahamas for some fishing, diving, ect.. :embarasse

..Hey..This is top secret, so don't tell anyone... But Chris has been working on an Adapter Kit for Volvo's? MOP had something to do with the design...I think he was working with Bertram Boy on this one. Cliff does the manufacturing and Scott Pearson provide the motors..he still is fussing about the color... I hear the Honda Marine division from Lake Lanier want's in on the action too. :beer:
I'm installing two on mine this winter.
After closer inspection, I don't think it's even a Volvo? Maybe an old outboard lower unit. Anyway once he get's the adjustable X-dimension hydraulics working it should be real trick.

gcarter
04-26-2004, 08:38 PM
That's pretty inovative George, but you can't raise the drive!

George

harbormaster
04-27-2004, 10:24 AM
George,
I really think you have lost sight of what the phrase "boat ride" really means....

Seriously though, you please be careful. I am worried about you. Where are going to draw the line?

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
04-27-2004, 09:23 PM
George:

I'm glad to see you're using the Lifeline "bra" to attach the helmet. I trust you know not to fasten the chin strap and the reason why you shouldn't. If not, e-mail me and I'll elaborate.

Very kool!

FR :lightning

MOP
04-27-2004, 10:24 PM
George,
I really think you have lost sight of what the phrase "boat ride" really means....

Seriously though, you please be careful. I am worried about you. Where are going to draw the line?

MOP thinks the same also!

rayjay
04-28-2004, 06:58 AM
George:

I'm glad to see you're using the Lifeline "bra" to attach the helmet. I trust you know not to fasten the chin strap and the reason why you shouldn't. - FR :lightning

Okay, I believe in using a full compliment of safety equipment, but why would you not want to fasten the chinstrap? When I ride one of my motorcycles I wear the best helmet I can that fits me plus body armor. While racing and even testing the ski boat we wore helmets and lifejackets that had what was essentially a flak-jack built in for impact protection (that was in the late 60's, there have been a lot of changes since then). At the Garvey and Speed Skiff races I saw a number of guys get thrown out as they bounced through the turns plus I saw my friend fall off a ski at 85 or so while practicing for the Beechwood Water Ski Races (we were much younger and much more stupider). Water can be real hard at those speeds, just like asphalt (or a rock) on a bike. So why wouldn't you want to fasten your helmet like I do every time I ride? From all the tests and research done by Snell the helmet doesn't do much if your brain if your head is moving inside of it. I can see that the “bra” would hold your helmet on and protect your neck by keeping your head from flopping around, but it would also seem to let your head turn and twist inside the helmet if the helmet was not strapped to your chin.

rayjay

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
04-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Rayjay:

For obvious legal reasons, I'm not going to advise you or anyone else what to do. It's your neck.
You're going to have to reason this one through on your own, but I will tell you this much: When I go motorcycle riding, I do fasten my chin strap, but then again, if I fall off the bike, the asphalt won't be trying to rip the helmet off my head. :cistineb:

FR :checkered

mattyboy
04-28-2004, 03:56 PM
Actually, I heard Chris finally got one of his boats running.. Hope it floats :D :D :D

wow a rare OB benchseat fleetside classic!!!!!
WOW Chris you're my hero ;) where do you find them :eek:

Matty

xzizx
09-01-2009, 12:49 PM
>Is there just no room for a trans?
Not even a Velvet ?

gcarter
09-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Not even a Velvet ?

Only room for a paddle.:wink:

MOP
09-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Not even a Velvet ?

No room without losing part of the back seat or springing for the Areneson/Merc conversion kit, a bit pricey for the average hobbyist and still leaves the engine at standard height.

I picked up an A drive three years ago that is now an ornament in my garage, but for that same period I have made it a point to look over and study any A drive install that I came across. Most have been commercial setups. I feel the most reliable setup is a V drive using a non drop box unit of which I found two, I asked as many questions as I could both were more than happy. In a Classic hull it would allow the engine to be lower by a few inches and placed farther aft to help with weight transfer. Geo proved weight transfer in our V hulls with an A drive is critical, to achieve the performance he did he also resorted to a skeg fin and Arneson rocker plates to finally top 120.

BigGrizzly
09-01-2009, 05:51 PM
You could always put it in a stand off box like Cris was going to do or like they do on the Konrad ACE drive.

gcarter
09-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Jeff Hall (HallJ) put a stand off box on his Minx.

ralph crocker
12-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Where is this boat now????? Is it for sale???? I am a retired drag racer and miss the speed.

undertaker
12-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Boat has been sold.....

roadtrip se
12-21-2010, 08:03 AM
You could build your own.

Lots of knowledge here to help you make it happen.

And this boat isn't gone, just on a bit of a hiatus.

MOP
12-21-2010, 08:56 AM
I was chatting with a local engine builder and brought up Mighty Mouse, when I told him it made it past 120 he went nuts with BS. It there a link to verify Geo's final speeds? I cannot find any links on the Arneson site the whole format has changed.

Phil

joseph m. hahnl
12-24-2010, 09:16 AM
I was chatting with a local engine builder and brought up Mighty Mouse, when I told him it made it past 120 he went nuts with BS. It there a link to verify Geo's final speeds? I cannot find any links on the Arneson site the whole format has changed.

Phil

Start Video time at 2:10 Geo 115 GPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kg3zoGcrFM&feature=player_embedded