PDA

View Full Version : 21GT Sunday on the Bay

Islander
04-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Here's a couple of pics of the GT this Sunday and a few of the new interior.

1996Z15
04-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Wow! That's a beautiful boat!

BUIZILLA
04-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Lookin' good Manny. Really does look good on the water. Sorry I couldn't stay out with ya's today. Long story short, I spent the afternoon stripping the Crit engine. It comes out tomorrow. :rolleyes: :eek!:

J

Speed-Racer
04-25-2004, 06:48 PM
Nice GT! More encouragment for you Nate....

Rootsy
04-25-2004, 07:30 PM
Nice interior manny... she looks really good...

Islander
04-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Jim,
Yeah, we were bummed that you had to cut it so short. We'll do it again soon, I hope. That criterion looks SOOO beautiful.

Jamie,
Thanks. I'm pleased with the way it came out, and I'm glad I chose white. I have a couple more projects to take on and then I'll be done.

olredalert
04-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Manny,

--------Interior looks fantastic! What a difference.
--------Those straps on the seats were about 3 inches wide and ran from about a foot up the back, wrapped around the back edge about 2 inches to about a foot from the back of the bottom forward with a similar wrap around the bottom edge. My memory tells me they were about 3/16 plate and just bare aluminum, but a guy could get real inventive and polish and clear powder-coat them and they would look really good.
--------In some sort of non-answer about your dash and under-deck area, I can tell you that your 21GT is the only one I have ever seen set up quite like it. At first when I saw it I thought that it was owner done, but if so it was done very well. Didnt think I liked it at first but it does add a new dimension to the boat that grew on me. I kind of like it now!
--------Bill S

Rick
04-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Manny,
Beautiful GT! Your interior is identical to my GT with the exception of red piping instead of blue (what great taste). Your dash would actually make the ski tub for lack of a better term accesible. Inboat storage is a rarity in these critters and to have all of that dead space in the bow. What year is your GT?
Rick

Forrest
04-26-2004, 08:43 AM
Those pictures look so good, Donzi could have made a brochure using those!

Islander
04-26-2004, 09:10 AM
Rick,
It's a '76. I used the same pattern for the interior from what was there when I bought it. I had no way of knowing for sure if it was the original pattern, but from the pictures I saw of other 21's (including yours) it seemed like it was pretty close. It had a solid red interior when I got it, but I like it better in white.

It's not as cool looking without the instrument console, but from a practical viewpoint it's actually not a bad idea. It's got all kinds of space up there that would be sort of inaccessible with the console in the way.

Islander
04-26-2004, 09:15 AM
Forrest,
Thanks, here's a couple more we took this past weekend.

Morgan's Cloud
04-26-2004, 09:34 AM
ABSOLUTELY STUNING

I've always said that the GT 21 was my favourite....(OK, I do like the El Pesc too) those pictures just remind me why...

The first photo with the Miami Marine Stadium in the background brought back fond memories of being in the same place 30 years ago in a Black/gold/white Maltese 28 .

Rick
04-26-2004, 10:17 AM
I have often contemplated planking mine forward of the dash, but leaving the console (too many guages to find a home for). I think they did a nice job with the swim deck. Your GT is set up to use and it looks like you are using it!!! Enjoy!
Rick

jwright
04-26-2004, 10:24 PM
WOW!..... thanks for posting the pics!

Eugene Nahemow
04-27-2004, 01:20 AM
Beautiful boat! :cool:
There is a GT on the lake that I live on that I have been trying to get the owner to part with.
No luck yet! :bawling:

Islander
04-27-2004, 08:16 AM
I have often contemplated planking mine forward of the dash

Rick,
What's under your deck for flooring now? This is a pic of the floor on this boat. It's made up of two pieces of marine plywood (didn't measure it but looks like 5/8 or 3/4) covered with white formica and painted on the underside. Is yours anything like this?

Sport
04-27-2004, 08:35 AM
Sweet ! Now I have to get mine done.

Sport

Blewbyu
04-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Great looking ride! I've not EVER seen a 21 GT in that "Bristol" condition. Very NICE! The PERFECT interior-SUPERB! :odie:

Islander
04-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Thanks to all for the compliments. It really is a testament to the previous owners who thought enough about this boat to maintain it throughout its life. Now it's my job to see to it that I do the same. She deserves it.

nickman29
05-25-2004, 05:40 PM
Hey, that is a unreal gt 21. by the way how fast can you get that Donzi going?

Islander
05-26-2004, 12:51 AM
Thanks Nick. I saw 57 on gps. Not too bad for a sbc.

Rick
05-26-2004, 01:23 PM
Islander,
been off the board for a while. My GT as all GT's that I have known of are open in the front of the dash. You can look at the stringers. The did put a trough that was about a foot wide a foot deep and probably 6 feet long. About large enough for a ski. Most people that take the deck off remove them at that time, as they are attached to the deck. I think James Bond removed his from his GT.
Rick

Islander
05-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Rick,
Thanks for the info. I suppose then that this gt is kind of unique in this area. It's actually very practical and, while giving up the coolness factor of the console, it does provide a lot of useful storage space.
Does yours have a storage locker under the floor between the two front seats? This gt has one that's big enough for an anchor and line and a couple of fenders. I think that it's possible that this was a factory deal and, if not, a very good custom job later on. There is no trace or marks on this boat showing that it ever had a console.

Manny