PDA

View Full Version : Subject: Tracking

MOP
04-24-2004, 08:22 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else find it amazing that our
government can track a cow born in Canada almost three years ago, right to the stall where she sleeps in the state of Washington. Also they track her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around our country. The solution is to give every illegal alien a cow.

BUIZILLA
04-24-2004, 08:29 AM
when ya thinks about it, the cows are immigrants too..

Ed Donnelly
04-24-2004, 08:47 AM
Save the cows,eat the aliens...Ed

gold-n-rod
04-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Not surprising to me. The cows are too dumb to know. They have no idea that they are being tracked and don't care.

Many illegal aliens in this country are filling jobs that no one else wants. These are low-paying, dirty, dangerous or low status jobs that evidently are "beneath" many Americans, even the unemployed. They are picking our pickles, cleaning our homes, motel rooms and WalMarts, abating asbestos, demolishing buildings, boning and cutting chicken and a number of other lousy jobs that would otherwise go begging (or move out of the country, if it was possible).

Quite frankly, our economy would suffer big time without their efforts and that's why you don't see us "tracking" them, catching them, or doing anything about the situation, unless there's a big fukcup that makes the media.

Sick cows kill people. Most illegal immigrants don't.

There's your answer.

goldnrod

TMANN
04-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Here in Texas many of the jobs immigrants take are also jobs many Americans do want. Such as trade jobs like plumber, electricians and framers. The companies hire one journeyman plumber and fifteen immigrants to plumb a house now. This has just made it hard to win a contract to do a job unless you also have fifteen $6.00 and hour people on your crew. The money goes to someone and it’s not the immigrant or the other trades men that cant get a job because they could not support there families on $6.00 and hour.
We should not fool ourselves, business are using these immigrant to do jobs some Americans do want. All so they wont have to pay more on salaries. Not because no one wants these jobs.

As for the argument immigrants do job Americans don’t want to do does not hold water with me eather... The whole reason Americans don’t want the jobs is the conditions and the $6.00 an hour pay. The whole reason they pay $6.00 an hour for these jobs is because the immigrants can’t demand more (No government representation) and are willing to work in dangerous conditions for close to nothing. Now if there were less immigrant in this country we would still have to fill most of these jobs. I guess then Americans would have to fill them and most likely form unions, demand safer conditions and demand $12.00 an hour. The companies and individuals that profit off these immigrants would have to spread some of the wealth around the country. Putting more money in the hands of the lower class Americans pockets. Just an opinion as we will never know which side is right. The immigrant problem is going noware.

Just one mans opinion. :smile:

TMANN

gold-n-rod
04-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Tmann, I suspect that Texas' location exacerbates this problem. There are ways to assure that winning bidders pay a living wage, benefits, etc., but this is often considered to be "liberal" efforts that intefere with the "free and unencumbered right" to conduct business. Conflicts with the pro-business conservatives, I guess.

Either way, it's the rich man who's getting richer and he doesn't care who takes it in the a$$ for him to get there.

goldnrod, umm, a liberal democrat, if you couldn't tell

TMANN
04-24-2004, 05:10 PM
Some believe Texas was built on the backs of immigrants. But like you I believe the rich are the ones that profited of it not the immigrants or Middle America. It’s to bad people in such a bad condition have to be such the center of controversy.
Both sides of this argument have very valid points. That’s the reason this problem will most likely exist for a long time...

TMANN

gcarter
04-24-2004, 06:00 PM
You see, if there were some sort of worker program, which would reduce the total number of ilegals, if it were enforced, then more control could be exerted on the types of jobs the imigrant workers could do. They would be allowed to do whatever their card (or whatever) said they were allowed to do. It is typically a certain sector of the liberal hegemony that wants open borders without any restrictions. Then again, there are contractors who abuse people for their own bottom line. As long as we have a land border to the North and South of us, the problem won't go away. Both Canada and Mexico have no problem with people going right through. It's been going on too many years. I'm originally from the Houston area. As a child, I would see road repair gangs making the most of equipment to be labor saving devices. Then in the 70's and 80's you saw just the opposite. One piece of equipment and 50 or so people.
Imperfect as it is, it's still a lot better than ANY 3rd world country, years ago I was in Bolivia on two occasions for several months. There were no washing machines because it was cheaper to hire someone to do laundry with a scrub board. The same way with lawns, no lawn mowers, it was less expensive to hire one or two people two cut the lawn with a knife on their hands and knees.
There are inequalities everywhere you look, it never seems to change as long as we have the highest standard of living in the world.

George

Ed Donnelly
04-24-2004, 08:14 PM
gcarter, 11 million illegal aliens in the U.S. Hell thats 1/3 of the total population of Canada.You just don't walk across the border anymore. Just ask a Canadian trying to visit his relatives in Florida but can't get in because he has a criminal record.. Failing to file income tax 1 year,a fine only. Now you wait 7 yrs. and apply for an American pardon, just to visit relatives...Ed

gcarter
04-24-2004, 09:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Ed.
What I really meant was the policy Canada has about imigrants. If what we consider an undesirable person enters Canada because of their policy, and this person is determined to enter the US, there's always a way to do it, just like there is from Mexico. That kind of person isn't concerned about doing it legally.
Canada just seems to have more of an "open door" about imigrants. I have to assume that's what Canadians want.
Of course, Mexico is happy for their citizens to enter and work in the US just because of the income that is sent home. Mexico doesn't care how it happens.

Lenny
04-25-2004, 03:18 AM
WOW, a political post with common sense surrounding it..Now I am interested. I like to here from people with open minds and not a one sided deal. USA citizens,....there is a LOT you don't hear about us here, and WE ARE NOT your enemies...Did you know that CANADA is about 1/3 larger than the USA and yet,Globally, a population less than that of California... Oh, and it is not all snow and ice, actually just the opposite..We have vineyards and grow the same stuff that SO.Cal does... at least here on the West Coast... I would LOVE to sit down with you all one day and discuss the 49 th parallel and our climate...It doesn't stop at your border and we have climate too.
It would blow you AWAY as to WEST COAST weather....anyone in Michigan or that area would KILL for this climate..I have 3 palm trees living on my property and in this CITY, they are the "now" planted natural plant,.believe it or not.... :D

The outside bar will soon be finished and I beg you all to include this place in your vacation plans,...I and MANY others wil see that you are OK.. :D

...build it, they will come... :D