PDA

View Full Version : Whew, what a trip.

txtaz
04-24-2004, 07:43 AM
Hey everyone,
We just got back from our trip to California. Talk about some driving. I think we did about 3700 miles in 7 days. We had a great time and saw some interesting things. Anyone going up PCH north of LA should stop and see the Hurst castle, it is awesome. I want one. :rlol: AND if you have a sports car keep going north on PCH (Pacific Coast Highway - US 1) it is a blast. Tons of tight left/right turns and incredible scenery. Morrow Cove is a great place to stay.
We ended up getting back a day early due to the local merchants on I-40 ripping everyone off because the Red River HOG run is this weekend. We stopped West of Needles, CA for gas along with a hundred bikers and paid $3/gallon for gas. Can you believe you get 6.6 gal. for $20? Ohh and Quality Inn, $110/ night in Kingman. What a joke and sad they rip people off. So we pushed on and ended up just North of Phoenix the first night. Now we were only 15 hours from home, so we pushed it the second day and got home late last night. Now we get to rest up from our vacation. Unfortunately it is raining hard here with thunderstorms so I can't play with the boat.
Welcome to the new members, you will find this is a great community.
Poodle, thanks, got the pump. I will mail a check today. Should I check the brass fittings for tighness? I don't have that size, but the auto shop might help.
HM, shirts?
Randy, saw your post and replied. Can't wait to get them, but no need to rush. I can't put them on in the rain. :biggrin.:
BTW, the future misses's parents approve and Dad's happy to give her away. Whew, glad that's over. They are neat people though. I figure they would be.
Glad to be back, now time to catch up on hundreds of posts.
Wes

gcarter
04-24-2004, 10:00 AM
If you ever find yourself on the PCH in August, AND you like sportscars, a must see is the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance!!!!! :shocking: :shocking:
Actually there's a whole week of stuff going on, several auctions, and shows, and then the BIGGIE on Sunday!
Only been once, would love to go back! About 250 cars worth probably $200-300 M sitting on the 18th hole in front of the Lodge @ Pebble Beach. I've been to most of the major shows, several times. PB has them all beat! They even have live chamber music!

George