PDA

View Full Version : A few questions from a new member

New2Donzi
04-23-2004, 10:03 PM
I've been viewing this site for a while now and I must say there is a wealth of knoledge here!
I've got a couple of simple questions as my first post.
A.Where can I find the serial plate on my Donzi 18 2 + 3
B. What years did Donzi build the barrelbacks

boldts
04-23-2004, 10:53 PM
New2Donzi,

First welcome to the Donzi family! By your second question, I probably can't help you with your questions because you may own a barrelback but here goes.

On my 1969 Classic, all the serial numbers for the boat, engine and outdrive were on a silver sticker which was located on the panel behind the back seat backrests. It was right in the middle where the 2 sides of the backrest pads come together. In the years that barrelbacks were built, it has been stated here that the boat number can be found in a number of different places. Usually wrote in marker and geled into the fiberglass. Places like the underside of the bow deck, behind the dash panel, on pieces like what the front lifting ring is attached to inside the hull. There are other places I'm sure I'm forgetting, but I'm also sure that others will jump in here and add.

According to the model list page, barrelback Classics would have been in the years 1965 to maybe 67 or 8. My 1969 was not a barrelback. Best thing you could probably do is open the Registry link in the upper right side of this page and then sort by length. Go down to 18' registered Donzi's and start clicking on any boat older than 69. Work your way back through the years, hoping that the owner has sent in a picture of their boat and look at the 18' Classics. Notice the difference of the back transoms between the years.

Good luck with your new Donzi and you know we all want to see pictures as soon as possible. A picture says a thousand words. :)

boxy
04-24-2004, 06:54 AM
N2D, give me a shout at 223-8808, I'd be more than happy to drop by and try to help you find the hull id #.
Take care

New2Donzi
04-25-2004, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the info Scott!

Boxy, I'll definitly give you a call.
Thx....Ed

Scott Heidt
04-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Welcome to the Donzi Family

MOP
04-25-2004, 09:13 PM
Welcome good to see more Northern Power! You have some good guys on the board in your neck of the WOODS!

Yellowdonzi67
04-26-2004, 09:26 PM
Any of you classic owners live around Maryland?