PDA

View Full Version : Magnim Missile on ebay

Islander
04-22-2004, 04:53 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63685&item=2475173178&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

This boat was on the market last year. I guess he never sold it. I spoke to the owner and he sent me a bunch of pics that I can't seem to find now. But, it's a real missile, not a splash.

1996Z15
04-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but could someone please explain the fascination with the Magnum Missile to me?

Islander
04-22-2004, 08:36 PM
I guess it's the same fascination some people may have with old vettes. They're not the fastest, they have crummy brakes, they don't handle particularly well, but they are classics nonetheless.
I like them because I remember seeing a few of them running around Biscayne Bay when they were new on the scene and they were just plain cool. If I had a place to store it, this missile would be coming back to its place of birth.

CDMA
04-22-2004, 10:27 PM
The only way to explain is to go for a ride....

pmreed
04-22-2004, 11:46 PM
Neat boat, and I'm sorely tempted, but that exhaust!! :shocking:
I'd go stark raving mad just before I went deaf! :eek:

Phil

PS: You outboard guys, what would it take to fix that?

Islander
04-23-2004, 06:05 AM
Scot,
I never said slow....just not the fastest. :checkered

Any more boats and I'll have to stack them, not to mention what my wife's reaction would be if I showed up with one more.

BUIZILLA
04-23-2004, 06:56 AM
Scot,Any more boats and I'll have to stack them, not to mention what my wife's reaction would be if I showed up with one more.
probably the same as mine........... you bought WHAT ???

J

Surfer
04-23-2004, 07:26 AM
A buddy of mine had one when I was a kid, we called it "The Sub", guess why!

Islander
04-23-2004, 07:28 AM
Jim,
And then I'd have to come up with a reasonably logical explanation like: "But babe, this one is REALLY special...and I'll probably get rid of it after a few months anyway."

Lenny
04-27-2004, 12:10 AM
Angelino Molinari and his "efforts", and paving the way for Glastron/Molinari and these infamous HIGH SPEED BOATS, and Dons' interest in them and his "delving into them" to bring a FAST boat to the forefront of Magnum in that time frame make it VERY cool to me.

...by the way, every boat submarines when you do the wrong thing. This one makes you WAY MORE cogniscent of your surroundings, I am sure. I have NEVER been in one but WOULD in a heartbeat !!!

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33405

txtaz
04-27-2004, 04:09 AM
pmreed,
I think you are referring to the velocity intakes to the carbs. Outboards usually run their exhaust through the lower unit and through the prop hub.
As far as slow, NO WAY. I would bet that boat does 75-80.
Wes

rayjay
04-27-2004, 10:40 AM
Always liked the way they looked. A real innovative design, very different from anything else in that era. Kind of like the '53 Studebaker. So, what is a Magnum Missile worth?

rayjay

Fish boy
04-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Looks like the guy modified his midsection to make it sound fast. Unfortuantely, there is no additional information about whether he did anythig else to the midsection to increase performance with the exhaust modification. In all likliehood, just a fast sound, kind of like drilling holes in your car exhaust to make it sound fast.

fish

Fish boy
04-27-2004, 01:23 PM
here are the mods..