PDA

View Full Version : Boat Lifting Ring

Dax McDavid
04-22-2004, 10:33 AM
I am 99% finished with the restoration of my 76 X-18. I will post pics sometime in the next week or two. I have run into a problem. The man that was doing my paint took it upon himself to take a hacksaw to the ski eye in the back of the boat, in order to remove it. :splat: Does anyone know where i CAN FIND THAT ASSEMBLY????? It makes me so mad to be so close but this F&%#^&@ guy.........................Sorry I feel the members of this board are the only ones who truly understand my pain. :fire: Thanks for your help.

Mr X
04-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Dax,
is it the lifting ring? or the ski tow eye?
If you post a pic of it I am sure I have one as I removed all of mine. You can have it........just show me the one you are talking about.
Ted

Dax McDavid
04-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Thanks For The Reply. I Wont Be Able To Post A Pic. The Boat Is 3hrs. Away. However, I Do Understand Why My Post Was Confusing. It Is The Lifting Ring And Assembly(shaft). I Am Not Sure If It Is All One Part. He Cut The Shaft And Threw Away The Part. I Am Not Sure I Trust Him, I Am Starting To Think He Lost It. If You Could Help Me Out I Would Appreciate It. I Dont Mind Paying You For The Part/shipping If You Have It.
Thanks

Mr X
04-22-2004, 11:54 AM
I have the lifting ring eye, I also had to cut the threaded rod but you can obtain that easily. I dont have the transom mouted bracket.......you can have the lifting ring if you need it. No charge. E-mail me your address where you want it sent.

tedwork@tampabay.rr.com

Greg
04-22-2004, 04:46 PM
I am undergoing restoration on my '66 18' and have those parts out of the boat now. Naturally I am going to be putting them back in, but it would be no problem for me to lay them out photograph and measure them and send the pics. Let me know and I will be glad to help.

Dax McDavid
04-23-2004, 08:58 AM
I have a 2003 Alpha 1 drive :crossfing . I am a little nervous b/c my old 280 volvo drive was such a good drive. I really feel I should have saved a little more money and gone with the Bravo I. However, that is easier said than done. If anyone has any suggestions on the best way to take care of my alpha drive feel free to let me know. Also if anyone has any prop suggestions to get me in the right ball park, I would appreciate your input. (the engine is a slightly mod. 350)

Dax McDavid
04-23-2004, 09:16 AM
Greg,
If it is not too much trouble, some pictures might come in handy if I have to make the brackets or any other parts myself. My body/paint man is very good but he only works on large yachts, he is doing this as a favor when he has free time, so I can't really get too mad. But he has lost a few original small parts.
Thanks

Mr X
04-24-2004, 07:47 AM
Dax, Good news!! :yes:
I found the other piece, its all yours.
I will UPS it out to you Monday no charge.

Mr X
05-02-2004, 07:23 AM
Dax,
did the lifting ring and bracket I sent you fit?

Mr X
05-02-2004, 07:50 AM
Poodle,
it was from a Volvo 270. I could have used that trusty orange Blanchard machinery tape measure you sent me to
diagram it before I sent it to Dax :biggrin:

Dax McDavid
05-03-2004, 09:22 AM
Sorry, I was not ignoring anyone. I have been out on a gas well in the middle of nowhere South Texas and could not get in contact with yall. Thanks for all the help from everyone. :biggrin.:

bverd
05-03-2004, 10:25 AM
Isn't that bracket the front lifting ring bracket on the X18. My rear lifting ring is a monster steel bracket that the steering mounts into as well, all attached to the transom. It's a Volvo 280 on my setup. I wonder if the bracket I have is original... hmmmmm.

--bverd