PDA

View Full Version : Height of 22zx on a trailer

Tidbart
04-22-2004, 06:58 AM
I need to know the height of 22zx on a trailer so I can size my new garage doors.
I plan on upsizing after the garage is built.

Thanks

Bob

gcarter
04-22-2004, 07:14 AM
Bop, did you see the one for sale in Salt Lake City?
Looks pretty affordable.

George

Gary
04-22-2004, 07:56 AM
I don't know the answer about the Donzi. But I will tell you that I messed up on my Garage doors. I went with the 9 foot wide option but went with a standard 7 foot high. My 260 Powerquest just misses by inches. I have a windshield. I would think that an 8 foot high door would be right. You would probably fit with 7 foot, but I would play it safe.

BUIZILLA
04-22-2004, 08:40 AM
Bob, the height of YOUR specific new rig will be dependent on trailer choice, bunk height and tire size. I wouldn't do a thing, until whatever you just bought, and didn't tell us girls about, is home in your driveway.

Measure twice, drill once...

J

Dr. Dan
04-22-2004, 08:54 AM
:sombrero: I agree with James....completely....you could get an idea by calling Pete & Mo....but in constructing hundreds of homes in my earlier life...."measure twice cut once" is a great axiom to go by. A buddy of mine just finished a Special Garage for his Toys...and he went with a minimum of 9' high on his short overhead doors, check with your local overhead door supplier and find out what their best "Standard Offerings" are ...and that can also help you create a nice Custom Opening. Width is also a serious consideration....the variation in Trailers and the related dimensions are significant....ie. a Rolls Rides Taller but narrower for my boat, my Trailer is more like an Eagle base layout and sits lower, but almost a foot wider than the Rolls ....just as an FYI :smash:

Doc :pimp:

RickSE
04-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Does this help? This one was a little taller than my old truck. It would have been close under a standard door, but I think it would have fit. This one was on a steel Myco. Myco's usually make the boat sit high since they typically use axles that tuck under the boat.

Tidbart
04-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the input guys. If Mop is at 6', then 8' should be more than adequate in height. I am looking at 2 - 9'x8' doors in a 26'x32' garage with 10' ceilings

I am trying to stick to my plan and build a home for a new toy before I buy one. It is not easy.

George, I spoke with Roy in Utah about his boat. I had a few issues, not so much with his boat. It is very nice. Distance was a concideration. Age is also a consideration. I really want something newer.

Bob

MOP
04-22-2004, 09:36 AM
Wow, MOP got a ZX too.. :rolleyes:

Got to read slower! Phones humming this morning, sorry!

Phil

Woodsy
04-22-2004, 11:13 AM
Tidbart

I might know of a 2001 22zx 350MAG/Alpha setup.... call me.. 978-502-5465

Pete & Mo have a std 8' door, and with some finagling he gets it in. I would go 9' and not worry about it

Woodsy Von Outboard

Scubado
04-22-2004, 04:15 PM
I have a 2000 22 ZX on a Pacific trailer. It measures 6' 6" at the highest point. I used to keep it in a storage unit that was exactly 26' long. I had to put the drive down to make it fit, and I only had a couple of inches to spare. Keep that in mind as well. I know Pacific trailer makes a fold away tongue, that could save you a foot or two. You're going to have a great time with the 22, I sure love mine.