PDA

View Full Version : Donzi 22 ZX

Richard McCoy
04-21-2004, 12:46 AM
I need to know where to mount 4.5 pop up cleats on my 22ZX side for fenders. Is there a standard location. Is there a standard location for a bimi top. Thanks,Richard from Kenner La.

Shanghied Again
04-21-2004, 12:18 PM
I Installed my side cleats below the windscreen just below were the windscreen turns in the front between my throttle and dash... You have to mount in the Hull not in the windsreen. You can gain access to the panel through the inside to bolt.. Look at some pics of a 22ZX to get a better idea. Bimini top I can't help you with.

jeepfan99
04-21-2004, 12:40 PM
I am getting my 22 ZX out of storage next week. I can send you some digital photos if you would like.

DJ13
04-21-2004, 06:42 PM
When you have that done, post pix! This is something I need to do on my '99, 22ZX. They come with pop-ups on the newer models and are sorely missed on the older ones. Maybe you could document the process you end up using!

Scubado
04-21-2004, 09:38 PM
I have a 2000 22 ZX. The pop-ups are on the swim platform and two feet in front of the fuel fill. I added a fender hanger (I think it's from perko) on the rear because there wasn't a good way to hang a fender from the rear pop-up. Hope the photos help.

Richard McCoy
04-21-2004, 11:39 PM
The photos of the cleats installed will help. I don't want to cut the holes in a spot that is not the same as other 22 Donzi's. Thanks,:) Richard

Richard McCoy
04-22-2004, 12:02 AM
The ladder retainer snap came off the ladder. THE LADDER DROPPED and broke a part off the outdrive. Like a C. It's a good idea to check the retainer. Maybe replace it with a retainer with 3 snaps.:idea:

SkiBeeZ71
04-26-2004, 07:20 PM
Scubado - I like the addition of the fender hanger. It's pretty unobtrusive and doesn't take away from the clean look of the gunwales. I often end up tying my rear fender onto one of my friend’s boats because of the lack of a good location to secure it to my ZX.

Richard - My ladder strap was about one or two cruises away from disintegrating below the snap, so I called Windline and described the situation to them. Without hesitation, they dropped a new strap in the mail for me that day.

Now, if only every business out there had customer service that good... :smile: