PDA

View Full Version : Playoff hockey, baby...updated!

Tony
04-19-2004, 10:21 PM
STANLEY CUP FINALS!!

FLAMES up on LIGHTNING, 1-0

Doug G
04-20-2004, 12:03 PM
Those west coast OT games are gonna kill me... :biggrin: There is nothing in sports like OT playoff hockey, it really is "sudden death".

Playoff hockey, boat gets wet next week.....I love this time of the year :biggrin: :biggrin:

Cuda
04-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Lightning take on Montreal friday in Tampa. Should be a low scoring series, both goalies are playing fantastic hockey.

Splendid
04-21-2004, 03:34 PM
Go Flyboys

Fish boy
04-21-2004, 04:23 PM
What is going on with the world anyway, did hell freeze? I have been out in my boat 6 times in the past month and not had to call my brother to tow me in once. What's next, the Stanley Cup residing in Tampa Bay? Guess stranger things have happened LOL

Great series so far, GO LIGHTNING!

Tony
04-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Learn all about Lord Stanley's Cup at this link:

http://www.blackburnhockey.btinternet.co.uk/Stanley.htm

Currently, here are the teams that have won this coveted title, and how many time they have done so:

1. Montreal Canadians, 23 Stanley Cups
2. Toronto Maple Leafs, 13 Stanley Cups
3. Detroit Red Wings, 10 Stanley Cups
4. Edmonton Oilers, 5 Stanley Cups
5. Boston Bruins, 5 Stanley Cups
6. Ottawa Senators, 4 Stanley Cups
7. New York Rangers, 4 Stanley Cups
8. New York Islanders, 4 Stanley Cups
9. Chicago Blackhawks, 3 Stanley Cups
10. Philadelphia Flyers, 2 Stanley Cups
11. Pittsburgh Penguins, 2 Stanley Cups
12. Montreal Maroons, 2 Stanley Cups
13. Colorado Avalanche, 2 Stanley Cups
14. New Jersey Devils, 2 Stanley Cups
15. Calgary Flames, 1 Stanley Cups
16. Victoria Cougars, 1 Stanley Cup

boxy
04-23-2004, 11:44 AM
Tony that is a great historical link, give me a day or two, and I'll scare up a couple of more intoxicating stories for you. Like the time it got punted into the Rideau Canal, or the time it was used as a chair by a practitioner of the ancient art of exotic dance.... :D

Cuda
04-23-2004, 03:20 PM
My boys fire it up tonight against the Canadians. :beer:

Cuda
04-24-2004, 07:13 AM
Bolts 4 Canadians 0

A convincing win last night. Nick throws his fourth shutout of the playoffs. If Nick stays this hot between the pipes, there's no telling how far they can go. You northerners are going to be bitter when that Cup heads south of the Mason-Dixon. :biggrin.:

Ed Donnelly
04-24-2004, 08:53 AM
If the cup goes south, it will not be missed as much as you think.. After all 1/2 the population of Florida is French Canadian snowbirds :) :) ...Ed

Cuda
04-26-2004, 06:57 AM
Vinny had two goals for the second straight game. Fans were on him about not scoring in the last series. If he stays like that along with Khabibulin's work in the net, they may just make some noise this year.

mattyboy
04-28-2004, 06:30 AM
lights up 3-0
flames up 2-1
san jose up 3-0
flyers 2-0 looking to go 3 up tonite

Matty

Cuda
04-28-2004, 07:01 AM
Do you think we should apply a coat of sunscreen to the Cup before shipping it south?? :wink:

Fish boy
04-28-2004, 07:06 AM
:cool!: :cool!: :cool!:

Sport
04-28-2004, 10:39 AM
That was a killer game last night ! ! ! Lots of fights, tons of action. End of the third period was excellant.

Sport

Team Hula Girl
04-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Do you think we should apply a coat of sunscreen to the Cup before shipping it south?? :wink:

I think we should put a 12 pack of Corona on ice in the top of the Lord Stanley and take it out to shell island and use it for a dancing pole. The Girls will love it! :umbrella:

:lightning :lightning :lightning :lightning :lightning

J Mitch

Fish boy
04-28-2004, 10:53 AM
I think we should put a 12 pack of Corona on ice in the top of the Lord Stanley and take it out to shell island and use it for a dancing pole. The Girls will love it! :umbrella:

Oh Yeah, the stanley Cup aka, the Mons Venus Cup. I love hockey Season!!!

Sport
04-28-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm with Hula Girl ! ! ! ! ! !

Sport

Cuda
04-28-2004, 12:48 PM

:lightning :lightning :lightning :lightning :lightning

J Mitch

I'll provide the Corona and ice, if you'll provide the dancing girls. :cool:

mattyboy
04-28-2004, 12:57 PM
I think you all should come in from the sun!!!! :tongue:
you're having a dilusion of granduer ;)

Matty

Sport
04-28-2004, 01:02 PM
We can talk all of the smack we want when we are up 3-0 ! !

LOL ! !

Sport

Fish boy
04-28-2004, 01:20 PM
Does it get any better than this??? We have the weather, the chicks, and now Hockey! No way am I coming in from the sun, I'm staying at shell island with Hula, Sport, Cuda and the Tampa Bay lightning dancers.

I wonder how many beers the stanly cup will hold anyway?

roadtrip se
04-28-2004, 02:29 PM
I actually got to see the Stanley Cup iced down with beer at a local bar when a Dallas Star brought it in on his chosen day to tour with it.

It would hold between 12 to 18 Coronas, but I think it will probably have something more Detroit local stuffed in it, like some Labatts, before its said and done.

You Florida boys keep dreaming!

Todd
"New Hometown IS Hockeytown!"

Cuda
04-28-2004, 02:42 PM
I think it will come down to the Sharks v Lightining. The NHL will hate that.

mattyboy
04-28-2004, 03:30 PM
thanks guys I haven't laughed this hard in a long time:rlol:

Matty

Fish boy
04-28-2004, 05:32 PM
I actually got to see the Stanley Cup iced down with beer at a local bar when a Dallas Star brought it in on his chosen day to tour with it.

It would hold between 12 to 18 Coronas, but I think it will probably have something more Detroit local stuffed in it, like some Labatts, before its said and done.

You Florida boys keep dreaming!

Todd
"New Hometown IS Hockeytown!"

12-18... sweet! That should be enough to at least get a buzz going. Personally, I don't really care whether it is filled with Labatts or Corona, either will be truly refresing on Shell Island. :)

Team Hula Girl
04-28-2004, 11:55 PM
Just as a side note about the lightning possibly winning a championship. It would be awesome if the Cup was here in Tampa but it would be even sweeter if the new Donzi Super Vee race boat aptly named "Lightning Strikes" brings home a few checkered flags. Mike, the owner and throttleman lives here in Tampa.

You guys can count me in for bringing the goods to Shell Island.

Hula Mitch

Fish boy
04-29-2004, 06:44 AM
Just as a side note about the lightning possibly winning a championship. It would be awesome if the Cup was here in Tampa but it would be even sweeter if the new Donzi Super Vee race boat aptly named "Lightning Strikes" brings home a few checkered flags. Mike, the owner and throttleman lives here in Tampa.

You guys can count me in for bringing the goods to Shell Island.

Hula Mitch

Good luck this season Mike, we will be rooting for you. Good luck Hula, we will be counting on ya (to bring the goods). LOL

mattyboy
04-29-2004, 08:18 AM
toronto and the avs woke up last night,
so the next stanley cup winner should sweep tonight against the hapless habs :tongue:. the wings need to even things up
the bolts better win tonite and get rested up cause the next round is a whole new ball game!!!

Matty

mattyboy
04-30-2004, 06:33 AM
Bolts advance, Wings tie it up!!!

just send the cup to the sunshine state the number 1 seed beat the number 7 seed !!!!!! :tongue: ;) hail Lord Stanley!!!:rlol:
what worries me I think the wings have found their game!
I'm looking for a split tonite, to stop the momentum the leafs picked up in game 3. the bolts will have their hands full with the winner of this series! any way can they grow ice in tampa in late May????

Matty

Fish boy
04-30-2004, 06:59 AM
any way can they grow ice in tampa in late May????

we manage to find ice when we need it... ;)

Cuda
04-30-2004, 06:59 AM
Bolts advance

just send the cup to the sunshine state the number 1 seed beat the number 7 seed !!!!!!

They beat whoever they get to play.

Cuda
04-30-2004, 07:15 AM
From the paper:

If you have difficulty recognizing the level of dominance, consider no team has been better in the postseason's first two rounds. Ever. Or at least since 1987 when the league began using a best-of-seven format for the first round.

Tampa Bay has made it through the first two rounds at 8-1. No one has ever gone 8-0. Since the format changed in 1987, only seven teams have gone 8-1. Five of those went on to the Stanley Cup final. Three of them won it.

mattyboy
04-30-2004, 09:36 AM
we manage to find ice when we need it... ;)
that's what I mean it will be lumpy, soft, only good for keeping the brewskis cold not to skate on :) ;)
you drink that stuff??? man it's made with mexican water :eek: :boggled: hehe

yes cuda they played well and got to the top, so they beat the number 8 and 7 seeds, and with the new format those numbers are belivable, cause the highest teams play the lowest teams and the closer ranked teams get the privilage of killing each other in both rounds so you get a tired beat up worn out opponent, but that doesn't matter cause the bolts won't be the team from the east.
I think the one team that did go 8-1 and lost the cup might have been the flyers when the lost to the wings in 97

I wish they would go back to the way of re seeding after each round, the year they did that the Flyers and Islanders at that time bitter Patrick division rivals played for the cup ( which will never happen again)
even thought we lost it was one of the most exciting cups ever, just think about a avs wings stanley cup

Fish boy
04-30-2004, 10:52 AM
that's what I mean it will be lumpy, soft, only good for keeping the brewskis cold not to skate on :) ;)

I guess I never thought of it that way... All this time I was using Ice to keep my beer cold while hainging out at the beach, surrouded by girls in bikinis, enjoying the tropical florida sunsets. Why didn't someone tell me I could have been skating? :rlol: :rlol:

mattyboy
04-30-2004, 11:19 AM
Fish,
the possibilities are endless !! LOL :)
ice not just for beer anymore

Matty

Cuda
04-30-2004, 12:20 PM
I like to grind it up and make rum runners with it, the umbrella tops it off just right! :yes:

boxy
04-30-2004, 05:04 PM
I like to grind it up and make rum runners with it, the umbrella tops it off just right! :yes:

So let me get this straight your are seriously opposed to bimini tops, but you like umbrella's in your drinks........ :D

Welcome to the third round boys, it's a whole different game from here on in, you shouldn't be worried about who you are going to face, you should be worried about the celebration that was going on in the Bolts dressing room after the last series, they were whooping it up like they just won the cup, not the second round. I'm sure Torts will have them back on track in time for their next game......

Go Flames Go

Fish boy
04-30-2004, 05:31 PM
So let me get this straight your are seriously opposed to bimini tops, but you like umbrella's in your drinks........ :D

Hehehe ;)

Gotta whooop it up while we can... Bought some extra tobasco just in case I have th eat my words later. At least I have several new ice recipies and umbrellas to wash it down with.

Cuda
04-30-2004, 05:34 PM

Good point! Doesn't make sense does it? :biggrin.:

Cuda
04-30-2004, 05:36 PM
you should be worried about the celebration that was going on in the Bolts dressing room after the last series, they were whooping it up like they just won the cup, not the second round. I'm sure Torts will have them back on track in time for their next game......

Yeah, we heard a bit of bitchin' about that. You gotta understand this is a young bunch and never in the history of the franchise have they gotten this far.

The thing is, we don't have any superstar to shut down like a lot of other teams. The Bolts win with a bunch of "good" players. I think the first line has 12 goals and the second line has 10, pretty good balance.

Tony
04-30-2004, 07:13 PM
The thing is, we don't have any superstar to shut down like a lot of other teams. The Bolts win with a bunch of "good" players. I think the first line has 12 goals and the second line has 10, pretty good balance. It takes four lines to win in rounds 3 and 4. Intensity level is super-high, and shifts are usually kept short. Balance is good, but deep teams fare better. (BTW, St. Louis & Lecavelier are currently playing like superstars!)

Go Flames Go The FLAMES, boxy? What the hell is up with THAT?

Cuda
04-30-2004, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=Tony] (BTW, St. Louis & Lecavelier are currently playing like superstars!)
QUOTE]

Brad Richards is looking mighty good too.

Extreme Measures
04-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Hey Matty how about those LEAFS ? Oh sorry Steve you to bud.Steve I was just wondering how your ankle is? :canada: GO LEAF GO. :canada: Extreme Measures :rlol:

boxy
05-01-2004, 06:53 AM
X....my ankle is fine, I didn't actually have to jump off the Sens bandwagon, I just stepped from it to the wagon of the only Canadian team left in the playoffs..................
the CalgaryFlames

mattyboy
05-02-2004, 08:28 AM
well things are getting interesting
can the wings and avs hold on???

X yes the leafs have found a new intensity and knowing how my team reacts all too well, if they can't win in Philly today it is over but if they do they will win in seven on home ice this will be a series where the home ice doesn't loose.
our first line has to put some points on the board.

and by the time the flyers win the bolts will be so rusty and off on their timing the will be easy pickings ;)

where's my Kate Smith albums :)

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/history/katesmith.asp

Matty

Fish boy
05-02-2004, 11:00 AM
and by the time the flyers win the bolts will be so rusty and off on their timing the will be easy pickings ;)

LOL, guess that is one of the inherent dangers when you choose to dispatch your opponent at "lightning" speed... you just have to wait around for those who cannot. Ha Ha :) :)

mattyboy
05-02-2004, 06:43 PM
UUUUUFFFFAAAAAA!!!!!! a PrimO hat-trick :sombrero: :sombrero: :sombrero:
hope stevie Y. is gonna be ok that was scary

EEEDDDDIE EEEDDDIIIEEE :)

Tuesday is gonna be good

Matty

boxy
05-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Matty, I haven't had time to look into it real deep, but I think his career has come to an end, he went through a 4.5 hour surgical repair of his orbital bone, and he has a scratch on his retina. He is definetly out for the rest of the season. If he can't come back, it will be a lousy way to end a fantastic career, he has been a huge asset to the sport, and will probably be one of the last captains to play his whole career with one team.

What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon, I hope you Florida guys were watching today, they showed some clips from the last time the Flyers lit up somebody for 7 goals, it was Tampa Bay.... :D

Fish boy
05-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Really scary news about steve y. Hope he is OK but the orbital socket is such a hard thing to get exactly right when rebuilt.

Ran into a bunch of the lightning guys at the beach today. They were just hanging out, getting some sun, waiting for the rest of the playoff teams to get rid of their opponents. St Louis said Primeau was an over-rated figure skater and that hockey was just to pay the bills until "Primo" can get back into the icecapades. I had no idea. LOL :hyper: :hyper:

Fish

Fish boy
05-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Hey Boxy,
guess we were typing at the same time. Man, I sure wish I could have caught that little expose... I was wasting my time with chicks in bikini's drinking a cool refreshing beverage with a Cuda Umbrella in it.

Las time Flyers lit a team up was tampa huh? Wow, won't that be an Ironic little tidbit after the cup comes here? :wink: Maybe we could just watch it backwards and get some good clips for the upcoming games. ;)

mattyboy
05-02-2004, 08:37 PM
Fish,
we'll be singing LOUIE LOUIE in Philly first time the figure skater makes St Louis part of the boards ;)

Eddie LeBeck :tongue:

Fish boy
05-02-2004, 09:10 PM
LMAO!!!!! ;)

Tony
05-02-2004, 09:50 PM
Primeau had an incredible game. Three goals, an assist, and he was laying people OUT! Whe he was with Detroit he was considered a little soft...I guess that has changed, 'eh?

Indeed it does look bad for Stevie Y. A 4.5 hour surgery to repair the orbital bone, and a scratched cornea. The first thing he asked when he was out of the operating room was could he go with the team to Calgary. He is the ULTIMATE Captain!

The rest of the Wings had better step it up now, and win game 6 for Yzerman. The way he led the Wings to the Cup two years ago while playing on a broken leg is a story that legends are made of. (See linked article below...)

For those of you that care, here is a link to a great article about Steve Yzerman.
It is a bit long but a VERY good read:
http://hockeyforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=5906&sid=dcf70a8a702964df4e6dfc559bc185eb

mattyboy
05-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Tony,
I saw that interview with the coach who said he wants to travel with the team and we had to tell him no!
I want a guy like that on my team! They didn't think JR would return after shattering his jaw, I think this injury is more serious especially around the eyes. I think the wings step up big time tonite do it for the gipper kinda thing.

and just when goaltending was not an issue for the Flyers, now esche is hurt and goaltending will be an issue.

I was surprised they didn't pull belfour sooner, after say 4 goals this way it is not in is head, and if the backup lets 3 go by you say well he's rusty, but to let your starter give up 6
wow!

Tuesday will be a big game

Matty

boxy
05-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Poor Eddie, he was whining that the Philly fans were pouring beer on him as he left the game, he's lucky they still aren't playing in the Spectrum, the beer would have still been in the bottle.....

mattyboy
05-04-2004, 06:21 AM
there's no happiness in hockeytown today,sorry to the MADCOWs
now can the avs poor salt on an open wound or will the flames become shark bait!

Tuesday is hockey night, the leafs if they score first will hold on if not they will be done!

Matty

boxy
05-04-2004, 08:13 AM
The FLAMES, boxy? What the hell is up with THAT?
You were saying Tony......
Let's Go Flames

Hey Matty...which MI Donzi will your black and orange flag look best on ..... :D

Tony
05-04-2004, 12:16 PM
boxy, I must have been confused...I thought you were a Sens/Leafs fan.

Yes, Hockeytown is mourning. It is not that the Wings played all that poorly in game six, but credit must be given to Calgary for playing very well. Again, you will not fare well going 8 consecutive scoreless periods as Detroit did. Part of that was Kiprosoff but part of it was our inability to finish.

Which is somewhat related to the clutching and grabbing that is allowed now that we are in the playoffs. Cut down drastically during the season, in the playoffs holding and interference is ignored. Datsyuk played most of game six with a Flame literally on his back, many times riding him to the ice. At least a dozen helmets were torn off by headlocks. I love playoff intensity, but in this series a skilled team was neutralized by a team of "truck drivers" in part by the referees swallowing their whistles.

Dave Lewis will likely be the scape goat this year, much like Cujo was last year. He is 6-10 in the postseason, and curiously scratched Jiri Fisher in game six despite Chelios being out of the lineup. So when Dandenault was out for a period getting stitches, our defensemen played a ton of minutes. I think this hurt them, especially Hatcher who was standing around on the overtime goal.

It will be an interesting off-season, with the future of many Wings uncertain. I think I will now pull for the Flyers, since they have Primeau the ex-Wing, and several ex-Blackhawks who I like, JR and Amonte. I do not like the Bolts, I despise the 'Lanche, and now dislike Calgary.

Philly will beat Tampa Bay, then San Jose for the Cup.

boxy
05-04-2004, 12:33 PM
boxy, I must have been confused...I thought you were a Sens/Leafs fan.

I love playoff intensity, but in this series a skilled team was neutralized by a team of "truck drivers" in part by the referees swallowing their whistles.

Philly will beat Tampa Bay, then San Jose for the Cup.

Tony, I am a huge Sens fan and I'd rather spend an eternity strapped to the bow of a hot pink Bayliner bowrider in Ranman's kevlar thong, than ever cheer for the Maple Leafs.
In case I'm not being clear, I hate the Toronto Maple Leafs with every cell in my body, and if they, and the so called Leaf Nation vaporized tomorrow, I'd be a very happy fellow.

I love Stevie Y, and do not dislike the RedWings, but as I stated early in the playoffs I didn't think they would make the conference finals, and after the Sens early exit I threw my West support behind the only Canadian team left, the Flames.

As far as you last point, I'm with you.

mattyboy
05-04-2004, 01:23 PM
You were saying Tony......
Let's Go Flames

Hey Matty...which MI Donzi will your black and orange flag look best on ..... :D
Boxy,
who ever wants to carry them ;) is there a MI donzi not red and white??
tony's nope
todd's nope
randy's nope
rootsy's nope??
hey my boats is red and white maybe I should be a wings fan?????
nah!!! ;)

Matty

Cuda
05-04-2004, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=Tony]

Philly will beat Tampa Bay, QUOTE]

And just what are you basing this preditcion on?

Tony
05-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Preference, that's all. Preference for an older franchise from the north and east, where the NHL originated. Plus, I think Philly is playing very well right now...and, I like JR, Amonte, and Primeau.

boxy
05-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Matty....looks like the Flyer black and orange will be flying from a green and gold Donzi in August... :D

Extreme Measures
05-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Steve How small do those orange and black flags come ? I was thinking one about 1"x1" should do it. GO FLAMES GO
Extreme Measures :boat:

mattyboy
05-04-2004, 09:40 PM
X, it was a well played series the Leafs showed some true heart coming back in the 3rd period they could have folded up like a 3 dollar suitcase. the flyers are now getting production from JR , Primeau, handzus, all we need is LeClair to come on line and the bolts will be calling in for tees times at the blue monster! ;)

BTW the flags I have order are a replica of the banners that hang from the rafters at the Wachovia center they are 6' X9'
;)
Matty

Extreme Measures
05-04-2004, 09:49 PM
Matty I think I should order that 38' Donzi that i wanted to carry that flag. Good Luck with the Flyers .. Chris :moped:

Cuda
05-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Preference, that's all. Preference for an older franchise from the north and east, where the NHL originated. Plus, I think Philly is playing very well right now...and, I like JR, Amonte, and Primeau.

Okay, I thought you might have been basing it on the fact the Lightning went 4 and 0 against the Flyers this year. ;)

boxy
05-05-2004, 04:50 PM
Cuda, my good friend, since none of the DeadThing fans wanted a piece of my last wager, I haven't had a bet riding on hockey in almost a week.
How about double or nothing on the 12 pack of beer from our last bet ? You take your Bolts, I'll take Matty's Flyers.

Cuda
05-05-2004, 04:56 PM
You know when I bet on them, it's the kiss of death. Is Matty bribing you so my boys will lose?? :biggrin:

Cuda
05-05-2004, 04:58 PM
If I'm not mistaken, last time I bet on them was the last time they lost. :frown:

mattyboy
05-06-2004, 10:11 AM
tampa fans dream comes true!

http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/news/2004/05/212672.html

and I suggest u'all get there to see it cause that's as close as it gonna get ;) :tongue:

GAME ON !!!

Matty :yes:

Fish boy
05-06-2004, 10:18 AM
tampa fans dream comes true!

http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/news/2004/05/212672.html

and I suggest u'all get there to see it cause that's as close as it gonna get ;) :tongue:

GAME ON !!!

Matty :yes:

Awwww, this is so romantic. It is like the first date before what will be a very long marriage between tampa bay and our new beer cooler. :D :D :D

boxy
05-06-2004, 10:40 AM
Hello Tampa fans...... what no one has any faith in a bunch of well rested, young French Canadian superstars. You guys are bigger pansies than the DeadThings fans..... :D

How hard does it sting, knowing the only way you'll see the Cup on Tampa Ice is when they hand it to Keith Primeau ??

Hey Matty.... I just read the story you linked, it's funny, if you look at the dates available for veiwing, the NHL see's no reason to have the Cup in Florida past May 9th........ I wonder why :D

Fish boy
05-06-2004, 10:53 AM
Hello Tampa fans...... what no one has any faith in a bunch of well rested, young French Canadian superstars. You guys are bigger pansies than the DeadThings fans..... :D

How hard does it sting, knowing the only way you'll see the Cup on Tampa Ice is when they hand it to Keith Primeau ??

Hey Matty.... I just read the story you linked, it's funny, if you look at the dates available for veiwing, the NHL see's no reason to have the Cup in Florida past May 9th........ I wonder why :D

They are going to "hand it" to Primo alright, but I beleive you have the cup and an a__ whoopin confused. ;)

Fish boy
05-06-2004, 11:00 AM

Actually, I read where the NHL decided to let it go north for everyone else to get one last look at the cup and to save on freight, they put the cup in the car with one of the 10,000,000 canadians that are in fla right now as they head back up north. I am not sure when it will arrive, but when last seen, it was traveling on the interstate at 21mph with the left turn blinker on. LOL :biggrin.:

mattyboy
05-06-2004, 11:06 AM
oh an ass whoppin!!!! oh in that case
tell the bolts to bring friends :tongue:
like the bucs maybe and the devil rays they're gonna need em!! :jestera: :jestera:
laughing so hard i can't type

Broad St. Bully ;)

Cuda
05-06-2004, 04:53 PM
I was actually thinking today they should go ahead and leave it here to save shipping it back later.

boxy
05-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Listen to you SW Florida guys, you're windier than the SEADOG's after Toona's 3 bean salad.

How much faith does it take in a team to get you guys to put up a 12 pack ...

Puck drops Saturday night...

boxy
05-06-2004, 05:14 PM
I was actually thinking today they should go ahead and leave it here to save shipping it back later.

Actually Joe, in reading the article, they aren't even sending you guys the real Cup, they are sending the junior cup handler, and the clone cup to the junior franchise.... :D
The real Cup is heading to west for now, and that's the only time they'll see it on the left coast, until JR shows up on Leno...

Fish boy
05-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Listen to you SW Florida guys, you're windier than the SEADOG's after Toona's 3 bean salad.

You are crackin me up Boxy!!!

Seriously, can we send alcohol across the border without running afoul of import regulations? I have no doubt about the lightning's success, and I have never been one to turn down free beer, just don't want to explain international gambling via the internet is how I came to be the guy who imported a 12 pack of beer from canada without a liquor license. Not concerned about exporting from the US, not likely to become an issue. ;)

Cuda
05-06-2004, 05:32 PM
[QUOTE=boxy]Listen to you SW Florida guys, you're windier than the SEADOG's after Toona's 3 bean salad.
QUOTE]

LOL! :biggrin:

boxy
05-06-2004, 06:58 PM
Cuda, don't worry about me sending beer south. It's not going to happen for 2 reasons.....
1) you are already down 12, you need a win just to get even.
2) the flyers are sooooo going to spank the bolts.

Don't worry about sending the case north, I'm sure we can figure out a way to get it either to Lake Winni, or the 1000 Islands. You could always get it to Digger at the AOTH, but I'd rather get full beers, than empty onees :D :D

Cuda
05-06-2004, 07:01 PM
You could always get it to Digger at the AOTH, but I'd rather get full beers, than empty onees :D :D

Lol! I take it Digger has an affinity for beer. :wink:

Cuda
05-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Boxy, I love to gamble, but I hate putting the kiss of death on my Bolts!

I have a better idea, let's flip a coin for another 12. As a matter of fact, I have a coin right here. Hold on. I'll flip it. Since you are not here, I'll go ahead and call it in the air......................heads!................... ..oh! Guess what?.............Heads it is! :biggrin:

mattyboy
05-07-2004, 06:41 AM
I don't understand, you guys trash talk and will be drinking beer out of the cup but you won't back it up with a 12 pack???? :tongue: the kiss of death is not you cuda it's called the flyers!!!!! ;)

Matty

Fish boy
05-07-2004, 08:32 AM
the kiss of death is not you cuda it's called the flyers!!!!! ;)

Yep, and you better watch out getting "the Kiss" from Primo... he may try to make it to second base!

Fish

mattyboy
05-07-2004, 09:34 AM
that's some funny **** Fish :rlol:, but to my original point,
Trash Talk , yadda yadda yadda
Boxy is still looking for a wager to back it up! ;) from the Tampa fans
It looks like the Black and Orange will fly for almost all weekend at 1000 isles perhaps you might want to have the bolts colors fly??, and well there will be flowing of many suds, enjoyed by sens ,leafs wings fan, surely a proud tampa fan would care to join??? :tongue: ;) :)

Dave Schultz #8

Fish boy
05-07-2004, 10:22 AM
Never really considered it, but having gone to the events section and read about 1000 islands, it sounds like fun. Can't say for sure yet, but I am going to get to work on making it happen. Better get your livers on a serious work out program, time is short. :beer:

Fish

Fish boy
05-08-2004, 09:53 PM
3-1 bolts. yawn... maybe primo will show up Monday ;)

Cuda
05-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Our northern bretheren are eerily quiet tonight! ;)

mattyboy
05-09-2004, 12:14 PM
yeah yeah it's only one game, monday is a new start,
the bolts out played em no if and or buts about it
had a first communion to go to didn't catch it til the 3 rd
oh well

Matty

Ed Donnelly
05-09-2004, 12:47 PM
mattyboy, Had my daughters first communion last Saturday.
Only had 4 people say to me, nice to see the grandfather show up, but, where is her daddy?Geez, I was only 52 when we had her...Ed

Fish boy
05-10-2004, 08:19 PM
Well its 5-0 right now... Philly is treating us like new boy in prison. Looks like tomorrow gonna be a rough day for us Fla boys on the donzi registry... :splat:

Does tobasco go well with humble pie?

Tony
05-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Our northern bretheren are eerily quiet tonight! ;)

But...it didn't take long for the Flyers to make some noise. With a convincing 6-2 win it is the South quiet tonight, while I suspect we will hear a bit of noise from Matty real soon!

mattyboy
05-11-2004, 05:36 AM
this is a little ironic, we had a bad set of thunderstorms roll thru here last night, a few of my big oak trees got hit by lightning during the 2nd period lights go out for a while and when they came back on 6-0 flyers.
We got a split on their ice, that's all I can ask, now we see how the bolts( especially khabibulin) re act to a little pressure
BTW I think if the bolts just want to fight the flyers can accomodate them wassup with all the 3rd man in penalaties???

Broad street Bully fan

Fish boy
05-11-2004, 06:33 AM
All the third man in stuff... I think Primo kept trying to use his tongue every time he got someone down on the ice... that may be ok in philly, but we don't play that down here LOL

What can we say, serious a- whoppin in tampa last night. Philly played great on foreign ice, and the bolts did not look so good. Gonna make it real tough on my boys having to go into philly with a split here, but I still have faith. Guess we wont need the broom we used sweeping the Canadians off the ice though. 8-1 in the last nine games... I am still feeling pretty good bout dem bolts.

BTW, what is a flyer anyway? Is philly where the practice of putting pieces of paper on the windshield's of parked cars started?

Fish

Tony
05-11-2004, 08:03 AM
BTW, what is a flyer anyway? Is philly where the practice of putting pieces of paper on the windshield's of parked cars started?

Fish

I gotta admit, Fish, that is a good one!
Well, Matty, what is the history behind the team name?

p.s. At least the Flyers HAVE some history!

mattyboy
05-11-2004, 09:24 AM
names sent in 25,000 entries they picked an entry from a kid "fliers" but they thought flyer looked better. the original team was the quakers and they were really bad.
Not as fancy as being known for the world's lightning rod???
I thought the weather was good down there????
and Fish I think the bolts might be into some kinky **** that's why they are always getting the 3rd man in I guess the flyers are some tough figure skaters uh???? :rolleyes: :rlol: ;)

Matty

boxy
05-11-2004, 11:21 AM
Not as fancy as being known for the world's lightning rod???

....if they are the Lightining, how come they play Thunder-struck when the team takes the ice...
...and what's up with Capt. Andro, and his daughter being involved with the pre-game festivities, don't you guys have any real sports heros to show off...

Tampa Bay Light-in-the-Loafers

Cuda
05-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Damn, I'm kind of glad they lost, at least we know now that all you northern boys haven't gone missing. The silence was deafening.

I was in Cocoa Beach yesterday and Orlando today. I knew I'd have a post waiting when I got here, I wasn't hiding out.

Actually, I thought of a good bet the other day.

How bout whoever loses this series has to buy a banner of the opposing team, then post a picture of it flying from your boat with the boat IN THE WATER!

Now, I think that's a good bet. Any takers? :shades:

mattyboy
05-11-2004, 02:28 PM
cuda,
we already have that bet looks like the Flyers colors will fly from a Sens fans, leafs fans ,and redwings fans boat at 1000 isles so that all in attendance can see! I think we should have an honor gaurd line up 2 row of donzi's lined up and run the colors right thru the middle so all can salute ! ;) :)

matty

Cuda
05-12-2004, 09:37 AM
How bout this for a hockey team. :biggrin:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=8&u=/ap/20040512/ap_on_sp_ho_ne/hkn_lightning_beer

Fish boy
05-12-2004, 10:13 AM
....if they are the Lightining, how come they play Thunder-struck when the team takes the ice...
...and what's up with Capt. Andro, and his daughter being involved with the pre-game festivities, don't you guys have any real sports heros to show off...

Tampa Bay Light-in-the-Loafers

Hey Boxy, it was nice seeing some of the sen's players the other day. I think they were sitting about three rows up from me watching the ligh-in-the-loafers play. Awfully nice of them to come support a team still playing this time of the year :)

mattyboy
05-12-2004, 10:51 AM
free beer???they need fans that bad???
Thursday nite welcome to philly hope the bolts are ready!!!
to get whopped by the figure skaters with the light loafers :yes: seems the bolts laid down at took it pretty good 6-2 last game I guess they like "catching" maybe they should be playing for the devil rays :tongue:

Matty

Fish boy
05-12-2004, 11:15 AM
free beer???they need fans that bad???
Thursday nite welcome to philly hope the bolts are ready!!!
to get whopped by the figure skaters with the light loafers :yes: seems the bolts laid down at took it pretty good 6-2 last game I guess they like "catching" maybe they should be playing for the devil rays :tongue:

Matty

LOL! :)

Nah, we just got a bunch of crappy beer from our last victim- apparenty the owner of montreal bet the owner of the bolts and paid with indigenous beer when the bolts swept them. Either we give it away, or use it to scrub pots.

Not sure I understand "catching", must be a philly thing.

boxy
05-12-2004, 03:17 PM
LOL! :) Not sure I understand "catching", must be a philly thing.

Nothing but Pitchers in Philly........

PS: the owner of the Habitants is no longer Molson, it's now owned by Gillette, maybe he could send the Bolts some razors, it must get expensive keeping their legs shaved for their skating tights...

chucknoonan
05-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Just wanted to clear up a little of the "third man in" talk.
Since the third man in carries with it an automatic ejection, opposing so called "tough guys" will often purposely be the third man in so they avoid having to fight Brashear, or whoever the opposing tough guy might be. Remember, Domi pulled the same crap last series.
Its humiliating enough getting the snot beat out of you on the scoreboard, let alone with the fists.
By the way, this is not just my opinion, but pretty much common knowledge in the hockey world.

GO FLYBOYS!!!!!!!!

See ya'll,
Chuck

Fish boy
05-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Nothing but Pitchers in Philly........

PS: the owner of the Habitants is no longer Molson, it's now owned by Gillette, maybe he could send the Bolts some razors, it must get expensive keeping their legs shaved for their skating tights...

LOL,

hear that Matty, according to Boxy, nothing but pitchers in philly... hehehe :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :lightning

Tony
05-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Oh, boy...the Bolts play well and win 4-1...IN PHILLY!
Let the trash talkin' re-commence!

mattyboy
05-13-2004, 09:43 PM
ahhhh S#!+!!!!! :(

Matty
let the trash talking begin

mattyboy
05-14-2004, 07:48 AM
Wow.. Matty's speechless?? :D :D :D

not much to say, it was a great night, got the 16 ready to roll fired right up, got the stripe on the cig fitted, figured I get to see the 3rd period got home and well like I said ahhhh s#!+!!
so let fish and cuda have at it!!!
the pattern is If I watch the flyers win if i don't they loose
so I just cleared my schedule for Sat afternoon ;)

Fish???? Cuda?????? I can't hear you :rolleyes:

Matty :)

Cuda
05-14-2004, 06:07 PM
I was out of town last night, but you can bet I was chomping at the bit to get here to report the score! The Lightning showed their meddle after the drubbing they took in game two. It would have been easy to let that creep into game three, but they showed up and played great. The second period of play by Khabibulin was nothing short of fantastic. He must have felt like a duck in a shooting gallery.

mattyboy
05-16-2004, 05:44 AM
well now boys seems we have a series,
just like during the season we keep getting hurt but somehow we keep winning back to soft ice we go

Matty ;)

Fish boy
05-16-2004, 07:12 AM
Damn! I go out of town for a few days and missed my window to talk trash. Oh well, guess I will have to wait a day or two to start up again. Glad it is a good series.

Tony
05-16-2004, 09:26 AM
Primeau left off Canada's World Cup team...
What is up with THAT?

Fish boy
05-16-2004, 09:46 AM
Primeau left off Canada's World Cup team...
What is up with THAT?

I heard Swan Lake on ice is touring, could it have been a work conflict??? LOL ;)

Cuda
05-16-2004, 01:10 PM
I heard Swan Lake on ice is touring, could it have been a work conflict??? LOL ;)

Ouch! :redface:

Tony
05-18-2004, 09:26 AM
Here is a news flash from the OTHER series...the Flames are up 3-2!

Where you at, Boxy?
Any other Canada brothers hoping for a northern team vying for Lord Stanley?
Zero San Jose fans...no surprise there, I guess.

mattyboy
05-18-2004, 09:28 PM
@#$^&%@@%^%^*(&%^()%%())&(*_^(*^%^+_)*(
ME!!!!!!!
back to philly we go down 3-2

Matty

Fish boy
05-18-2004, 09:54 PM
I have a feeling this is going to come down to the last minute of game 7... philly is a tough place to try to take it, especially with their backs agains the wall.

Cuda
05-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Looking good for the good guys! :)

Fish boy
05-19-2004, 11:06 AM
Looking good for the good guys! :)

True dat Cuda. Guess we wont hear from any of dem nurthrn'ers till after Thursday. :lightning

mattyboy
05-20-2004, 10:10 PM
I guess now is the time I should say oh well the bolts are just a better team coming from a 3-2 deficit to make it a 4-3 win

Yeah RIGHT!!!!

hey I hope you sun worshiping southerners are gonna watch the game on Sat. from your boats ! ;)

Matty :tongue:

Fish boy
05-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Hey Matty, good to finally hear from you, I was begining to get worried. After Saturday, who are you going to be backin Bolts or Flames? Personally, I hope it will be the flames so we can keep this up, but I will understand if you want to back a winner. :)

Stanley's gonna get a tan!!!!

mattyboy
05-20-2004, 10:34 PM
:rolleyes:

Cuda
05-22-2004, 08:48 PM
HELLO LORD STANLEY! :biggrin:

mattyboy
05-22-2004, 08:54 PM
good win , good luck to my southern bruthas!
the boat is in the water , the beer is cold and summer is here
time to put away the hockey stuff
Cuda, Fish get a pennant up to 1000 isles I'll fly it off my 16
ok Boxy the ball is in your court ;)
where's my Yankee cap

Kate Smith

RIP

boxy
05-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Tough loss Matty.

I've been harrassing Cuda here, and on another site, but he won't show his "faith" in his Bolts. I guess I'm going to have to buy my beer this summer.... :D

Flames in 6

Cuda
05-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Boxy, it's because if I bet on something, it's the kiss of death! :D

mattyboy
05-23-2004, 09:00 PM
Boxy, it's because if I bet on something, it's the kiss of death! :D
no that ain't the kiss of death this is

GO BOLTS

Matty :tongue: :p

Cuda
05-23-2004, 09:08 PM
no that ain't the kiss of death this is

GO BOLTS

Matty :tongue: :p

Damnit Matty, why did you do that to us??? :bawling:

mattyboy
05-25-2004, 09:57 PM
Lightning never strikes twice

GO BOLTS GO BOLTS!!!

Matty
doing the floor buffer dance :yes:

Cuda
05-25-2004, 11:02 PM
That's the worse my boys have looked in a long time. Hopefully it's just stanley cup jitters. Fun to watch anyway. Lot's of up and down the floor action.

Sport
05-26-2004, 08:45 AM
That was a major bummer ! Hopefully Cuda is right and it was just jitters. GO BOLTS ! ! ! ! !

Sport

boxy
05-26-2004, 05:31 PM
That's the worse my boys have looked in a long time. Hopefully it's just stanley cup jitters. Fun to watch anyway. Lot's of up and down the floor action.
Cuda...2 things.....
1) Jitters or not it's over for the Bolts in 6 or less

and

2)the reason those boys can move up and down the "floor" so fast........................

..... is that they went and froze the cement pond :D :D

Scott Heidt
05-26-2004, 10:14 PM
I feel the Lightning will win tomorrow. They learn from their mistakes. I believe you will see a sharper performance. Now if they lose tomorrow, it would be a tough road indeed. The Flames have a tough time completing back to back wins!

Just a thought!

Go BOLTS!

Fish boy
05-27-2004, 07:29 AM
Flamers are going to get a good old fashion wood shed ass whoopin by da bolts... Can't always count on lucky goals like Tuesday. :lightning :lightning :lightning

Cuda
05-27-2004, 08:35 AM
This next game may be tough on our boys, but you never know. The Bolts came out tough after the last shellacking they took from the Flyers. This team has heart!

boxy
05-27-2004, 03:36 PM
You West coast guys are a riot, I thought square grouper only landed on the East coast.....

Fish boy
05-27-2004, 08:49 PM
You West coast guys are a riot, I thought square grouper only landed on the East coast.....

LMAO!!! :rlol: :rlol:

Cuda
05-27-2004, 10:25 PM
The boys look good tonight. Calgary was taking some cheap shots at the end of the game. Bad blood is brewing.

Fish boy
05-27-2004, 10:50 PM
4-1 bolts lay da smack down!

Fish boy
06-06-2004, 01:51 AM
Where is everyone? I go away for a week and come back to another victory by the bolts and not a peep form Stan Tan Fans and those of you near the north pole?

game 7 in tampa bay... its been a good series so far, can't wait to fill stanley with coronas :) :beer:

Cuda
06-06-2004, 07:23 AM
I didn't get to see the game last night, but I listened to the last period and the overtimes on my way home last night. I'm going to miss it after Monday night.

ChromeGorilla
06-06-2004, 07:48 AM
Ya know, I detest hockey. Usually I'm bitchin during Sports Center that hockey was wasting time for other highlights from real sports. :wink: But.... I have to admit that I have watched all 6 games so far in the finals and it has been very excting. very competitive series. It actually held my attention for longer than .2 seconds. And yes..I will watch game 7.

Cuda
06-06-2004, 07:57 AM
The silence from north of the Mason-Dixon is deafening! :pimp:

Cuda
06-06-2004, 07:59 AM
I think you all should come in from the sun!!!! :tongue:
you're having a dilusion of granduer ;)

Matty

Apparently, my delsusion continues! :rlol:

Cuda
06-06-2004, 08:00 AM
thanks guys I haven't laughed this hard in a long time:rlol:

Matty

:rlol: :rlol: :hyper: :sombrero: :wink:

Cuda
06-06-2004, 08:03 AM
It takes four lines to win in rounds 3 and 4. Intensity level is super-high, and shifts are usually kept short. Balance is good, but deep teams fare better. (BTW, St. Louis & Lecavelier are currently playing like superstars!)

The FLAMES, boxy? What the hell is up with THAT?

Hmm, seems our other lines were up to the task after all. :)