PDA

View Full Version : Family Boat

bgagne
04-18-2004, 06:30 PM
I saw a post recently where someone was inquiring about the usefulness of different Donzi models as family boats. I came accross a picture from last summer that tells the story.

Brian

Murphy
04-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Beautiful kid. I thought my 22 was a family boat when my 2 girls were under 6 yrs., under, 3' tall, and under 40 lbs. Funny thing, just a few short years later they're both over 5' and wear size 9 shoes. The cockpit is slightly more crowded these days, but yes, our Donzi Classic is still a family boat under the right circumstances. The discussion never really clarified what "family boat" means. If it means tubes, skis, coolers, change of clothes, dog, friends, place for the toddlers to nap, etc., then maybe not. If it means 4 people ripping across the lake at 60 mph with grins as big as your face, then by all means, this is a family boat. We love our 22C and will never part, but some days I wish we had a pontoon boat too.

Murph

Fish boy
04-19-2004, 07:32 AM
she is a cutie brian. :) Looks lie another vote for family boat.

Fish boy
04-19-2004, 07:38 AM
If it means tubes, skis, coolers, change of clothes, dog, friends, place for the toddlers to nap, etc., then maybe not

don't tell budmann, he has his 22c, filled with almost all of the above every chance he gets. Kids love it :) Gets in his share of ripping across the water too ;)