PDA

View Full Version : Good day! And a glass tips that work!

MOP
04-16-2004, 06:48 PM
Not a bad day, got the old grinder with a #40 disc and attacked the bad "Looking" spots on the bottom, turned out really well -0- fractures just a few damaged chine edges. My neighbor comes over to see what I am up to, holla's your out of your mind. I say why laying on the ground in my T shirt grinding away, says you will itch for a month. I said NOT and showed him why (( Tip when grinding glass if at all possible grind out side, put a 20 inch window fan behind you it will blow all the crap away. I gave up on respirators and paper suits many years back, I do not need goggles masks or any of that stuff. By using the fan the only glass dust that gets on me is my hands and about 6 inches of my arms. An even better tip if you do get covered with grinding dust, do not under any circumstances take a hot shower, get in under the coldest you can stand this will keep your skin pores closed. Soap up wash down then get the hot going for final cleaning and defrosting take my word been doing this crap since 1957 longer than some are old on this board.

Also got both of my sea water pumps ready for re-build, cleaned re tapped and only broke :wrench: 2 steel bolts off in the brass housings heck they were only 20 year have no clue why they broke. Getting bad bolts out has gotten to be fun, seriously I enjoy that stuff. If I can't get one out no one can it is drill and coil time. A couple of my dry land racers came by to see my new headers and to break chops :bonk: , I was explaining the little I know about reversion and showing how long the new risers were saying that I can probably run a hotter cam, 1/2 hour after they left Bill and a 550 roller shows up lifters and all. He says try it if you like it give me $75 he likes but don't have a boat, told him I would run what I have for now. He left for posterity with a smile saying he will dig up the card, he is probably right I may want to try it. So I called the head guy told him to set up the new heads up for 550, may never do it but one should always be ready. :D Me thinks he wants a ride or three to the local watering hole!

Mr X
04-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Also while under the coldest water that you can stand,
get a pair of the wife's old panty hose and use them just like a wash cloth........ they will snag most of the glass particles out of your skin. IT WORKS!!!

gold-n-rod
04-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Also while under the coldest water that you can stand,
get a pair of the wife's old panty hose and use them just like a wash cloth........ they will snag most of the glass particles out of your skin. IT WORKS!!!

Does ya have her take them off first??? :biggrin.:

goldnrod

MOP
04-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Only if you are a Spoil Sport :smileybo: :alligator

Walt. H.
04-17-2004, 12:49 AM
If you really ready for a good laugh don't tell her you borrowed them for glass dust removal and just put them back in her draw. :jestera: Next time she puts them on and they warm up, man you better run like hell! :outtahere

Bad-Tat
04-17-2004, 09:34 PM
You guys are a bit sick!!!