PDA

View Full Version : SBI / Suncoast - July 4th

CnV & Family
04-16-2004, 12:10 PM
We may be in the Sarasota area around race time... If we acquired an upper room around turn 2 or 2a... how do you think the viewing of the race would be from that vantage point? Easily viewable, need binoculars, or don't bother?

If rooms are not available, from the looks of the course, it should be relativly close to the beach area... is it public? and if so, what would viewing be like from shore? I'd guess binoculars for either...

If all works out, this may be the 1st live race we will be in attendance at... just curious as to how one best views a race.

Here's the Link (http://www.terraserver.com/imagery/image_gx.asp?cpx=-82.5410166666667&cpy=27.24725&res=8&provider_id=300) for the Lat/Lon of turn 2...

Thanks for any advice...
-CnV & Family

Fish boy
04-16-2004, 03:22 PM
beach is always a good place to watch, but I am sure there will more than a few seadogs heading down that way with an empty seat or two. Let us know when you get down here and keep an eye on the events and gatherings section. Might even want to start a thread there as well.

Fish

Cuda
04-16-2004, 05:00 PM
I think we have a poker run the same weekend. There is talk about tieing it in with the races somehow.

From the Apba race last year.

Fish boy
04-16-2004, 05:47 PM
Cuda,
I am pretty sure the guys in the factory teams are going to be just a tad bit faster that the poker boats ;)

Cuda
04-16-2004, 05:59 PM
Cuda,
I am pretty sure the guys in the factory teams are going to be just a tad bit faster that the poker boats ;)

Most likely not. If you mean factory 2, almost all the boats at the Sarasota PRA would have outrun them. The only race boats that could stay with the hottest boats at that run would be PX Class.

Fish boy
04-17-2004, 10:56 PM
cuda,
Had no idea some of the private boats were faster than the racing guys, but then again, there are lots of things I have no idea about. ;) If you decide not to do the poker run, come down the the races, should be a great time.

fish

rchevelle71
04-19-2004, 11:13 AM
Heres a few pics of the SBI Pace boat(TimG's) 28 Pantera heading out Government Cut in Miami Yesterday,

IT WAS HAIRY!!!!

Even Bacardi was takin' it easy

Look at this Crew :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rchevelle71
04-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Who was running around the bay in the yellow 22 Classic yesterday afternoon????

Anybody get buzzed by us?????

rchevelle71
04-19-2004, 11:17 AM
OOPS, heres the pic