PDA

View Full Version : To be a car buff in Motown, it's all good...

roadtrip se
04-16-2004, 11:51 AM
Jill just came back in from an errand all fired up.
Wixom Assembly, 2 miles from us, has a Job 1 date of 4/29 for the GT and she saw a pre-production, silver GT cruising down the road. She said, you don't want to see that thing in your rearview mirror.

I spend quite a bit of time in Dearborn calling on Ford. Yesterday when driving by Rousch, I'm pretty sure I saw a test mule for the new Mustang SVT Cobra. Big hood bulge to allow big engine testing. C'mon boys don't let me down on this one!

The GM proving grounds is four miles from us to the west.
I have seen SSRs, Corvettes, and all kinds of other unreleased sheet metal rolling down Milford Road over the past eight months.

I'm starting to lose respect for the spy photographers that snap all of the grainy photos you see in car magazines. If I carried a camera with me, I could get better shots all the time.

Life is good in the motown!

Todd
"Made in Detroit, like God intended! - license plate on Mustang at North American Car Show this past January"

rayjay
04-16-2004, 12:36 PM
I'm starting to lose respect for the spy photographers that snap all of the grainy photos you see in car magazines. If I carried a camera with me, I could get better shots all the time. - Todd

Yeah, but then the pics wouldn't look like you really had to try to get something they were protecting from prying eyes.

Can't wait to see a GT on the road. A real GT40 has been one of my dream cars ever since I saw one.

rayjay

Ranman
04-16-2004, 12:40 PM
You see it all the time. Cars painted like cows with black wheela sporting all sorts of instrumentation and probes.

Welcome to Detroit.

ToonaFish
04-16-2004, 08:48 PM
You see it all the time. Cars painted like cows with black wheela sporting all sorts of instrumentation and probes.

Um, Randy, those are police cars.

Bunches,

Celene 'Poodle should know...'

gold-n-rod
04-16-2004, 09:19 PM
Hey, Todd. One of my offices is at 12 Mile and Meadowbrook. I commute from Lansing and have seen some pretty neat things on 96, but never a GT40. That would be way cool.

The weirdest thing I've seen was about a year ago. I saw a yellow SSR on the back of a flatbed truck, covered with enough mud and dirt to satisfy a monster truck. Man, what a way to treat a garage queen!!!

I also saw a what I believe to be a pre-production Dodge SRT-10 early in '03.

Cheers,

Randy