PDA

View Full Version : Will be Breathing Heavy!

MOP
04-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Came out the front door this afternoon on my way to get the 16 ready for the guy to pickup tomorrow and I end up going ass over tea kettle falling over this great big box! Lo and behold my Gils arrived, like a little Demon I damn near shredded the box to have look see. Gave nice Ahhh! Turned them every which way for full inspection, I can now see why so many run them. Ended up doing a very rudimentary port runner measuring job, was tickled to find the runner are all the same length. These jobbies were a "Ya Hadda Be There" I was BSing with "Transman" saying I was bidding on a set of Gils on Ebay. He pipes up with I have a brand new/old set in my garage never been run, he says let me know if you are interested. Well next AM his phone went off and I bought them this was after I was the winner of a set on Ebay. I figured I would flip one set to another member that was on the hunt also, as fate would have it the Ebay seller did a punk out with some BS story. But getting what I got for about ½ the Ebay price made my day and I am sure many more. Yeah I do have a bit of Irish Luck, the other poor SOB paid much bigger!

Phil

Rootsy
04-15-2004, 07:27 PM
kewl Phil,

so where are the photos huh? those of us who don't know what they look like inside and out are dying to know... i'd post photos but i accidently deleted the camera contents before downloading after an extensive photo session with ole yeller last winter... bummer... i like gil... bit pricy though...

JR - hey i can get GIL out of GLm and Imco :smash: :biggrin:

Fish boy
04-15-2004, 07:31 PM
Sweet. a pic by pic hands on approach would make a nice addition to te tech section. Glad you were not hurt flipping the tea kettle. Good luck and keep us posted.

Fish

MOP
04-15-2004, 08:00 PM
Ok photos, as you can see one is grey powder coat, am deciding whether or not to Imron or have it re-coated. Actually Fusca would be nice. I did a half a#$ job of measuring the runners they did get them very close if not perfect. I need a few bits of hardware and Tim is going to poke around to see what else he has that goes with them. Not bad for about 1/4 the price of new/new definitely a happy camper especially with the long risers, can get a bit nutty with cams if I want! :wrench:

PS thats Tims thumb grasping the manifold, mine is skinnier and older :jestera:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-15-2004, 08:34 PM
I just want a picture of MOP on the pogo stick in the one picture! :)
Bryan

MOP
04-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Those pics were sent to me by Tim that his Po Go Stick, I was nice and did not break his chops! Don't think for a second it did not cross my mind! Me I would break my skinney butt on that darn thing!

A.O.F.

transman
04-16-2004, 09:26 AM
That is the only corner of the garage that my kids are allowed to have toys. The rest of the space is mine. Weight limit on the pogo stick is 80lbs. I would need two and a half of them.