PDA

View Full Version : Chris Craft XK19

DonziNUTS
04-14-2004, 01:40 PM
A gentleman my father knows was over the house and saw what I was doing with the 66. He ask if I would redo his 1972 Chris Craft XK19. Went and looked at it....cool lines!!! Does anyone know about these boats? Internet was very limited on theses boats! Any help would be great......heard only two things about these boats; 1. Bertram made the transoms for Chris Craft? 2. Only 19 were made? To hard to believe this number!!!

P.S. I has an LT-1 in it!!!

Thanks!
Mike Baiocco

JimG205
04-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Mike-The XK-19's in 1972 was CC attempt to recapture some of the market it was losing to other glass boat manufacturers.Strictly a sport boat,they came with chevy power and a V-drive trans.They were and still are a beautiful boat-bulletproof hulls,and nice lines.They also made XK-22's.Today a mint restored XK-19 realistically should bring between 9K-11K.My reference book is at the lakehouse with the number of hull's built,but call the mariner's museum in Va.and they can tell you.Regards,Jim

Morgan's Cloud
04-15-2004, 01:18 PM
Mike,
up untill a few years ago my brother had one of these too. Even came with the same LT1 engine.. unfortunately water was continually finding it's way into the engine and he ended up repowering with a new 350/300.Had a 270 Volvo drive on the back and was the original cream colour with bronze striping and upholstery..of course we did a partial resto on that too.
Cockpit floor was carpeted and that could pose some problems however I think his was recently redone before he got the boat. Very nice Jim Wynne hull.
There was a thread on here a while back about the XK 19 and I think it was revealed that 89 were made.. try a search maybe...
I think that the centre of balance was a little too far forward on this boat but it was still a lot of fun.

We were both fond of the boat and it did get it's share of attention but he did still want a Donzi :wink:

JimG205
04-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Mike- From 1970-73 they made 273 hulls,the rare bird is the XK-22,only 100 made.Regards,Jim :biggrin:

CrackerJack
04-18-2004, 09:48 AM
According to the ad.....would like to experience one.
http://www.forestportboatco.com/ChrisCraft.htm

olredalert
04-18-2004, 01:20 PM
--------The add claims that they are V-drive and yet I would swear that the pic of the boat wake jumping is an IO. I do live in a Chris Craft infested area, But I see these quite often. Thers one that sits right next to my engine builders shop in the water all summer and never moves, to my knowledge. A shame...............Bill S