PDA

View Full Version : Extra Extra Magnesium ANODES!!!!

MOP
04-14-2004, 07:52 AM
I have a contact for the anodes, the fellow is close to doing a order. He says he will give a small discount to club members, better if we get to him soon. when you call make sure you tell them you are from the Donzi Club. They are located in New Jersey and will have to mail stuff off.

Please decide quickly if you want any, he will base his discount to members on quanity!

The owner is Gary at 732 754 8717

BUIZILLA
04-14-2004, 08:17 AM
I have a stupid question...

I noticed after the Dora trip that I have a ton of little white *electrolysis* spec's on the drive. They relatively easily wipe off. Dora is a freshwater arena, and the boat was in the water overnight for only 2 nights. Do I need to alternate between zinc and magnesium anodes, when I change venue's from fresh to salt weekend usage?

J :cool:

MOP
04-14-2004, 09:23 AM
Jim most everyone that did the 1000 Island run also noticed the same thing. Fresh water is not so fresh anymore, electrolisis is getting worse by the year, I have a couple of friends with F/W marinas they are noticing the change. It may come that we Salt guys can start crabbing about not buying a Fresh Water boats. LOL!

Phil

Scott Heidt
04-14-2004, 10:00 AM
Can you educate me on the difference/usage/ benefits between zinc and magnesium anodes. I have a TRS drive. Can I get the proper anodes from that guy?

Thanks!

mattyboy
04-14-2004, 11:59 AM
spoke to him today, I guess he wants to place one order and will discount from there so count me in for

2 bar anode for the transom plate
2 trim fin
2 ring in front of the prop

in magnesium

I spoke to him about volvo only, didn't talk merc but they're a lil easier to find

so anyone interested please post so we can get a group discount

BTW I noticed alot of corrosion on the transom plate, I was missing the bar anode

Matty

Tony
04-14-2004, 12:19 PM
I'll take one bar anode and one prop ring for my AQ200.
The Boater's World part # for the zinc prop rings I recently bought is 327251856, "Volvo Penta Sterndrive Ring V16".

Thanks, Matty, let me know who to pay!

MOP
04-14-2004, 02:07 PM
Just spoke to Gary again. So I don't screw things up being in the middle, call or email and order direct just mention Donzi so he keeps you on the seperate list. He will keep a list and discount accordingly.

Phil Toll free 888 469 7767

propman02@aol.com Reference donzi zincs

MOP
04-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Can you educate me on the difference/usage/ benefits between zinc and magnesium anodes. I have a TRS drive. Can I get the proper anodes from that guy?

Thanks!

Scott the Mag ones are for fresh water, you need to stick with Zinc.
I plan on getting the Mag ones for my trips to fresh water, I had to touch up my drive after the last fresh water sorti. They can crab about salt and we can crab about burn.

Phil

mattyboy
04-14-2004, 02:20 PM
MOP
too late you're in the midlle ;)
it sounded to me he wanted a ball park number before filling the order so let everyone post up what they want then we can work things out

thanks for finding this guy

matty
on a no salt diet

MOP
04-14-2004, 03:23 PM
NOT! I did my thing got it setup for you guys, Matty you know that took awhile and a bunch of calls, I spoke with him and it is much easier to let him keep a running tab and order when he has to. I get to buried during the day can't take responsibility.

Phil

mattyboy
04-14-2004, 05:30 PM
you sure Phil?? :) ;)

Thanks for the connection and the phone calls :biggrin.:
my order will go in tommorow am.

Matty

Tony
04-14-2004, 08:36 PM
So will mine.
Thanks to BOTH of you!

Tony
04-14-2004, 08:40 PM
P.S. Matty

Flyers are looking good, up 3 games to 1 with Esch playing well. Bye-bye Devils!

Now, if only the Wings would wake their asses up and start playing HOCKEY!

The Leafs knockin' out the Sens...what's up with that?

MOP
04-15-2004, 02:26 AM
Yup thank Matty, I forgot about the Mags. He got me off my butt!

Phil