PDA

View Full Version : steering wheels

gero1
04-13-2004, 11:08 PM
i have a mach performance inc. steering wheel with c.r.t (cordless rotary trim) 3 buttons on it,l tab,r tab and both i think? wires are all under dash complet with connectors. kinda looks like someone started the job and did not complet it.the phone number (813-439-5540) is no longer working. would very much like to have this working, any ideas

Ed Donnelly
04-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Left tab, Right tab, Drive... What year and what length is your Donzi? Post info and I am sure someone can come up with the wiring. Its really a matter of just splicing into your existing control wiring...Ed

gero1
04-14-2004, 12:49 AM
1995 black hawk,22'

MOP
04-14-2004, 07:37 AM
You can use an OHM meter to check which wires do what then decide which button you want to do what. The kits wire into the exsisting TNT & trim tab harnesses, the TNT wiring diagrams can be found in the Merc manual and on the net for the tabs. If you are not comfortable diddling with wiring maybe one of the members are not to far away.

Phil

gero1
04-14-2004, 09:09 AM
can pull and rebuild moters no problem but wireing is not for me, things tend to melt or burn up when i do it. thanks

MOP
04-14-2004, 09:36 AM
can pull and rebuild moters no problem but wireing is not for me, things tend to melt or burn up when i do it. thanks

Hopefully one of your fellow Tennesseeans will pop in, if not a few guys can give you a hand on the board, it is really a knowledge and hands on job but maybe we can get you through it. Once started should take about 1-1/2 hours to do properly. Also if you have a half way decent shop close by they can do it for you. More than likely the color codes of the wires on the wheel will jive with where the need to go.

Phil